any born again christians here?

Someone here mentioned who you listen to; have you all tried listening to Joel Osteen?? He is so amazing and so relevant and such a great speaker. www.joelosteen.com.
I get the daily emails from his website and tape his message on TV every Sunday. This guy is good; totally down to earth.
I have a terrific church here in Chicago but love Joel!!

;-)

>Me too, although I don't read my bible or go to church as
>much as I should. Hagin Sr. once called people like me
>"spiritual streakers". We have on the helmet of salvation but
>none of the other armor.
>
>Who are some of your favorite preachers?
>
>Mine: Joyce Meyers, Creflo/Taffy Dollar, Hagin Sr. (have all
>his cassette series), Juanita Bynum, T.D. Jakes, Jessie
>Duplantis, Kenneth/Gloria Copeland.

Just to name a few: I love Tony Evans, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindall (sp), bible answer man....and of course my pastor, Pastor Ed Moore of North Shore Baptist Church, located in Bayside Queens.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Me too!

'On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.'
Charles Wesley

I am born again also. Cool to see so many sisters in Christ here.

I like CS Lewis, R C Sproul, John MacArthur, and my very own pastor Scott Gilchrist.

I am reading the book of Hebrews over and over this month during my morning devotions.

Maggie:)

Hi Jenni!

Yes, I know ARAMCO well :) My dad worked for JECOR for years (The US/Saudi Arabian Joint Commission on Economic Cooperation). He also worked independently for Al Mirai (Spelling?!) Dairy and Panda Supermarkets, as a food scientist. I never made it to Khobar but I know it's a party town :D

I loved loved loved living in Saudi and was there last about 6 years ago. I moved there when I was 13; my parents were there for about twenty years all tolled, finally returning after they were caught up in the bombings in Riyadh a few years ago. The compounds I lived in were all smaller so we went off compound a lot, which I really enjoyed. I even liked the experience of covering...I mean, where else could you experience something like that, you know?

I don't want to hijack this thread too badly!! I'd love to hear more of your opinions and experiences so please feel free to PM me if you want to!

Sparrow

>Hi Sparrow, happy 4th July!!!
>
>I'm in Dhahran, working for Saudi Aramco (I'm a secretary).
>You've probably heard of Aramco? Have been here just over six
>years now. It's a pretty good lifestyle, despite having to
>give up certain freedoms, such as not being able to drive off
>camp. But one of the good things is - gas is only 64 cents a
>gallon! Who did you work for, and what did you think of it?
>Life is pretty free on the compound, it's like being in
>suburban USA. And Khobar, the city just near our compound, is
>very relaxed, compared to Riyadh.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.