any body else love kickmax?

shelia

Cathlete
I had just been doing the leg drills and bootcamp section of this dvd.Everyone was saying that the kick and punch combos were to easy and did not get ther heart rate up.Friday I decided I would do one of the premixes that had 2 of the kicking and punch combos.I loved it as much as I love kpc.There was pivioting around(I liked that) and it was different than the combos in kpc.I think the leg drills are wonderfuland I was sweating just as I do with kpc my hr was up there.I think both these dvd's provide great workouts.Does anybody else love kickmax as well as kpc?

Hi Shelia...that would be me! :) I just LOVE Kick Max...I usually do the first premix (58-min. one) with all 4 combos and the leg drills...great workout! :)

Hi Sheila, I had to do this workout about ten times before saying I love this one. The big difference on the last try was I did not look at the crew, while working out. I was so swety by the end, that I look like I was caught in the rain. Some of the guys raved so much about Janis Saffel that I bought her workouts. I will never say I love this one, since I feel like my memory is being tested. Also the fun factor and interaction feeling is just not there. Just like Ophrah, does Cathe have an audience or a cult?

Have a good day Judy

Hi Sheila,

I too love kickmax. I especially love the leg drills. I did this dvd two or three times a week when I first got it. Cathe looks like she is more professional and better form in the moves than in kpc. Don't get me wrong, I like kpc, in fact I just ordered the kpc/lg dvd. I just think kickmax is my favorite kick butt workout.

kim

I'm so glad someone posted this. :D Yes, I love KM, just got it but had Hardcore Extreme for awhile. Funny I was going to post this because it seems it gets alot of bad press. Because of the bad press, I wasn't going to get it, I'm so glad I did. I think I love it the same as KPC, it is similar except things go in a different order. I do have to modify on the challenges though.

i love this workout as well. i really like the bootcamp challenge where you do the high intesity drills and then the combos. my heart rate is through the roof. i also love the leg conditioning drills. i think sometimes you have to do the workout a few times and then decide if you really like it. i like the fact that it is a little slower and controlled, and it's true that is really is how much you put into it.

susan

I too love this workout. I have done it 5 times now and it kicks my butt! I do modify the tuck jumps because of impact, but even doing the modification, my heart rate soars. I like it more and more each time I do it.

Mar:)

I agree completely. I love it. I think it got so much bad "press" because instead of a cardio zone in the beginning like KPC, the kicking and punching drills keep you in your fat burning zone. However, the kicking and punching drills that come second in KPC really do the same thing. They just seem harder because you've already been working for over 30 minutes. I guess just by changing the order of some of the moves, it made people think it was easier than it really is. I think the high intensity portion of Kick Max is much more intense than the high intensity portion of KPC but that they are both great workouts. I do like the music in KPC a little better, but they are both great and I mean great workouts. I would never sell either one of them.
It's a continuing process.....

I really enjoy KickMax as well and was really surprised to see how many people weren't happy with it. I'm glad to see there are others out there that think it's a great workout!

I love this w/o also. The premixes on this DVD can make this just like KPC, but with a higher intensity.

Laurie

I really like this dvd too. I think the best thing about it is that it can be a good, solid, low impact/high intensity kick box workout if you want. Of course, you can add high impact by jumping the kicks and by doing the high impact section. I tend to do a lot of high impact step and Hi/lo so I need to add in low impact cardio and kick box at least once a week so this fits the bill when I need it.

KPC is awesome too, but for me, I have trouble keeping it low impact, especially since Cathe is doing the high impact version I tend to follow her. In KM I really concentrate on my kicks and punches and try to keep the impact lower. Plus, the leg drill are very effective.

It is a keeper in my book and certainly fills a need in my fitness library.

Enjoy,

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.