Any advice on a good book on low fat eating or dieting (I hate that word)

Smitty58

I'm finally waking up to the fact that I have to clean up my act eating wise exercise alone just ain't gonna do it. I respect the opinions of all of you and any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carolyn

RE: Any advice on a good book on low fat eating or diet...

Hi!
You might want to check out "Body For Life" by Bill Phillips.
I just started his program yesterday so I can't tell you for sure my experience with it, but it does make a lot of sense. I am doing it in conjunction with weight watchers points to get @ 10 lbs. off. Just an idea. Happy reading!
Becca

Hi Carolyn

Liz Applegate's "Eat Smart Play Hard" book is a user friendly sports nutrition book. It'll give you plenty of tips including sample menus for eating healthy with specific ideas for different types of activities.

If you were into endurance sports like distance running or cycling, I recommend Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition book or Ellen Coleman's older book.

If you just need a basic book, Honeybunch (a forum regular) often recommends Dr. Shapiro's "Picture Perfect Weight Loss". I also like Walter Willett's "Eat Drink & Be Healthy", Pamela Peeke's "Fight Fat after Forty" & Deborah Waterhouse's books.

Debra

I have been highly recommending "Body Fueling" by Robin Landis. I found it about 2 months ago and it has helped me tremendously! :) Susan

"Fat Wars" by Brad King ... has been an educating experience for me.

Hi Carolyn!
Good for you! Take charge of your eating choices, educate yourself and apply your newfound knowledge to your own individual needs! I'd like to add to your list about seeking proper nutrition by recommending the food guide pyramid http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/food/food-pyramid/main.htm and also knowing the glycemic index http://members.lycos.co.uk/ramendosa/gi.htm! I also highly recommend Nancy Clark's Sports nutrition guidebook second edition and Stuart M Berger" How to be your own nutritionist" Best of luck to you in creating a healthier lifestyle for yourself!

I've used the McDougall Program for clean eating.

It has resulted in EASY weight loss, less arthritic pain, fewer headaches, less menstrual bleeding, and overall better health.

I've been a vegetarian for years, so it's been pretty easy for me.

The McDougall diet is VEGAN. I'm convinced it the absolute BEST way to live!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.