Another 1RM question -- SORRY!

rachel132

Cathlete
I'm sure this is out there somewhere, I searched and the thought of weeding through all the 1RM posts is daunting. So, maybe someone can answer or copy a link.

After we have our 1 rep max number, do we need to calculate the percentage for each exercise in a given workout (i.e., 60, 70 or 80%)? I want the exact weight I'll need written down before I start the workout. This seems to obvious. I must be missing something or is it just a given that everyone figures out the percentage they need and writes it down. I thought we would be able to put in all our 1R figures and print out the card for DISC 1 which would tell us how heavy to go. Maybe I'm lazy. he-he.

Also, I know people were saying the averages for 1RM were off, but mine seem way off. 48 pounds for one barbell curl and the average is 17lbs??? That can't be right.

Sonja

I haven't been paying any attention to the averages, so I can't help you there. But once you enter your 1RM weights into the WM it will all be calculated for you. When you schedule an STS workout and go to the workout card for that day you'll see what weight you are supposed to be using for each exercise.

I haven't been paying any attention to the averages, so I can't help you there. But once you enter your 1RM weights into the WM it will all be calculated for you. When you schedule an STS workout and go to the workout card for that day you'll see what weight you are supposed to be using for each exercise.

Nancy,

I've saved all my 1RM in the WM but when I went to print my workout card (I have scheduled ALL my STS workouts thru July as I'm doing a 6 month rotation), NOTHING showed up for my weight selection! Nothing calculated at all! :( HELP!

Denise

Nancy,

I've saved all my 1RM in the WM but when I went to print my workout card (I have scheduled ALL my STS workouts thru July as I'm doing a 6 month rotation), NOTHING showed up for my weight selection! Nothing calculated at all! :( HELP!

Denise

Gosh, Denise, I really don't know what to tell you as I'm not an expert by any means. If you go to the 1RM section and list the exercises, either by disc or by All Exercises are the exercises you completed the 1RM for showing up in red? If not, that would be the start of the problem, I would think. Perhaps you didn't actually save them by hitting the Calculate & Save button? Again, I am only guessing. I did that a couple of times when I was entering everything all at once. I entered my weight and reps and then moved onto the next exercise, forgetting to do the calculating.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.