Anogher video clip

I love the look that Jai gives when Cathe says, "You are NOT tired!"

This DVD looks like so much more than I expected. I can't wait!

This looks like a lot of fun. I'm excited to see more clips over the coming days. Guess I'll be ordering some boxing gloves this week:D

This looks like yet another great workout, although I'm sorry, the boxing gloves look comical. Certainly not Cathe's fault, but I can't believe the manufacturer couldn't come up with a way to make weighted gloves that don't look like bright pink balloons on the end of your arms. They just look silly.

Hi NY25! Thank you for sharing your thoughts but no worries, you truly will have no time to notice how silly we look once you get working :eek:

I actually preferred and chose the classic boxing gloves over the fingers free weighted gloves. However, if you prefer the finger free glove it will work just fine with the workout.

I like the feel of a true glove, plus the 12oz size we use (also comes in 8oz and 16oz) packs a mean (pink) punch. That "balloon" you refer to is actually the reason why I prefer them. The bigger/heavier the balloon is at the furthest extremity of your arm the tougher and more intense the workout.

Think of it like this... if you have a 10 pound dumbbell in a back pack on your back it is much lighter to carry around than holding a 10 pound dumbbell in your hand, right? That's because with the latter option the weight is further away from the center of your body (which makes an exercise more difficult). Weighted finger free gloves put the weight in the center of your hands whereas weighted tradition boxing gloves extend the weight over the tops of the fingertips (a good 4 to 6 inches further away from the center of your body). Trust me, 30 minutes later, that 4 to 6 inches really adds up to a lot more intensity...which was my goal for this workout. :)

This looks like yet another great workout, although I'm sorry, the boxing gloves look comical. Certainly not Cathe's fault, but I can't believe the manufacturer couldn't come up with a way to make weighted gloves that don't look like bright pink balloons on the end of your arms. They just look silly.

I love the pink boxing gloves! I bought a pair the day the first photos of hard strikes was released. I think they look great, plus I don't like the way my current weighted gloves shift around as I punch. They don't move much, but even the little bit they move irritates me. The only thing I don't like about the boxing gloves is it's a bit difficult to get the second glove on and the first glove off. I guess that's why you always see boxers' trainers doing that for them. I need to train one of my cats to assist (!).

Can't wait to use these gloves for real! :)

Wow, thanks for the response Cathe! cool. Although I totally don't think you guys look silly. I'll probably just get fingerless if I ever get weighted gloves, because I just know I will punch myself in the face with the other ones (think flurries!)!! haha!!

Boxing Gloves

You can certainly use weighted gloves if you prefer, but remember that we also have a heavy bag premix that you may want to do someday. This is where gloves become essential and why nearly every boxing fitness program in the country uses them - weighted gloves are rarely used because of this.

Hard Strikes is based on a class Cathe teaches every week that is always jammed packed. We've included a heavy bag workout in Hard Strikes so that you can get almost the exact same workout that our Gym members get with Cathe every week and this requires boxing gloves. Cathe has already mentioned the leverage advantage of gloves, but putting on boxing gloves also seems to help you get psyched up for the workout so you can give your maximum effort.

The gloves Cathe and the crew are wearing are actually small boxing gloves, but they may seem proportionally big because Cathe and the crew are not very tall. But that really shouldn't be a concern since you'll be working out in the privacy of your own home. As a company we don't sell boxing gloves, but we do sell weighted gloves. Yet, our recommendation for Hard Strikes is to use a product we don't sell, not the one we do.

Hi SNM and Cathe please tell the duplicators to hurry it up with our christmas gifts! Lol
No just wanted to say im excited and so happy! Cant wait to start.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.