An Observation on Hair

Stepqueen

I was doing StepJam earlier today and I was looking at a couple of the other girls working out on the tape and oh my gosh!! Looking at them was making me crazy because they had such long hair and they didn't have it pinned up!! I can't even imagine working out without pinning my hair up. I hate the feeling of hair on the back of my neck and on my back when I'm hot and sweaty.

Anyone else feeling me on this??!! :eek:

I always wondered that too. I have long hair and I can't stand the feeling of it on my neck when I'm working out. By the end of my workouts, my hair is completely drenched!!! I don't know how theirs stays dry. :7

I absolutely hate hair on my neck at all when I work out, even when I stretch. I mean I am totally fanatic about it. I use a twistee and put a big clip in it, if I even feel a little strand of it come out and lay on my neck I go crazy - I wonder why that is?

I have often wondered how anyone could wear their hair down when working out because it just gets in the way!

Cheryl

Cheryl, you and I are one in the same! I hate hate hate even a teeny strand on my neck! I would have to not be in the video if they wanted me to have my hair down the whole time! I usually wet my brush and slick my top half of hair into a very tight bun thing, and the same with the bottom half, or I will tightly braid my hair so no hair can escape!

BTW, as a side note, I think I love Cathe's hair now more than ever before, she looks great with longer hair!!
Jaime

I noticed this too! I am just like the others, my hair must be pulled back tight so not one strand falls down my neck. If I feel a loose strand while I'm exercising I stop the tape and redo it! I don't know how Rhonda can handle it with all her long hair in those videos!! Susan

Jaime,

I, too, just love Cathe's hair longer - it makes her look younger and prettier - she can put it up part way or all the way or down.

Yeah, it is amazing that Rhonda can have her hair down through the whole video of Ste Jam - I wouldn't last a minute. I, too, will stop the tape if even a strand of hair gets on my neck - it just sticks to the sweat. Yuck!!! I can't even concentrate on my workout - What would I do if I couldn't put my hair up?

Cheryl

Diffently! I was thinking the same thing yesterday.I was looking at Jay on Imax2 or C&W, and her hair is shorter but just falls on her shoulders.There is probably no way that she can get it up but I think it would drive me crazy.My hair is pretty long and the end of my pony tail falls between my shoulder blades but I think I am use to it now and it usually lands on my clothes and not on my skin.
Then pieces of my hair fall down while I am jumping around and I lose my mind! I have so many little peeves like that....don't get me started it;s to early in the day:p
Lori

What's even weirder is when you go from having scalp hair of any length to zero hair! After my alopecia had made such inroads that I went and had the tattered remnants buzzed off, it was a real sensory adjustment during my workouts to do them hair-free - even with my customary sweatband! But I'm really starting to enjoy NOT feeling a sweaty mop on top - and I think it'll feel even better when the weather gets warmer.

A-jock
Openly Bald

Now, I am the opposite! Could care less about having my hair down. As a matter of fact, I NEVER pull it up and never have. It is only shoulder length now, but has been much longer in the past. Maybe it is because my head and neck do not sweat that much??? My sweating is mainly my upper lip and forehead. I'm sure that would play a big part.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I too was a bit surprised at the vehemence of dislike for single strands of hair on the neck. My hair is shortish, so I tie up what I can so it isn't actually in my eyes while I'm hopping crazily around the room. But, if some gets loose or some is on my neck, I just ignore it. When my hair was longer, I just tied it back and that was enough "hair management".
But, I could never workout with it down like DebbieH! So, I guess I represent something of an intermediate state.

I HATE HATE HATE wearing my hair down while working out as well. I HATE the feel of a strand on my forehead, cheeks or neck. It makes me want to growl and rip my hair out. :eek:) I can't even work out in a bun either so every 10 to 15 minutes I have to stop to fix my hair up so there's not one strand hanging out. My neck and back sweats the most so it's unbelievably annoying. Even if I go walking, I wear it up as well. Can't stand the feel of my hair stuck on my neck...It makes my neck feel heavy or something. I don't know how a lot of women in gym and in videos wear them down. Also, it seems to me a lot of the women in videos don't even sweat a whole lot which I thought was strange. I don't know about Cathe's videos because I don't have them yet. They're kind of expensive so I'm going to wait. In one of the videos I have, there's some woman with hair all the way down to her hips and she worked out with it down. I just want to kill myself whenever I see her. Icky. :eek:)

Dear Annette( or anyone else who reads this and knows),

I was reading through this thread and came upon your reply about hair. What did I miss? What is Alopecia? Are you well?
Please forgive my ignorance Annette, I hope I am not offending you, but I care. I am befuddled because the tone
of your reply sounds so UP! That would be you though...the you we know here through Cathe's Place. Anyway, I understand i fyou are
not comfortable answering this. Just know that I think the world of you and would feel so bad if you were not well.

Sincerely,

Debbie Dailey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.