Amy Bento Fans

Fembot40

Cathlete
Amy just posted some great photos from her upcoming workouts. They are on her Facebook fan page. It looks like some good old fashioned step combos!! :eek: The new kickboxing/weight work video sounds great too!

Between these and Cathe's upcoming workouts, my wallet is weeping, but I couldn't be happier!! :D

I love Amy's complex step workouts. I hope she steps it up a notch on intensity. My only complaint is her workouts require a lot of space so I don't do them that often. Looks like I'll be set for step workouts this year with Cathe and Amy. Yay!

I've always wanted to try Amy Bento's step, but I'm afraid they might be out of my league :eek:. I love complex step, but these look a little too complex. How would you compare them to Cathe's complex-step w/o's? Which one would you recommend for someone new to Amy? I'm sure I could get the footwork if I really tried, but I still get intimidated sometimes.

TIA to anyone who offers advice :)

I really like Amy Bento. I discovered her before Cathe. I have most of her workouts including Advance Step Challenge II and III. I don't do as many of her workouts anymore BUT I always keep the 2 step workouts in my rotation. It took me a long time to learn ASC II but the only step I did before that was The Firm. Both ASC II & III are great step workouts and they are super fun but the choreography is pretty tough, at least for me. I'm afraid if I don't do them often enough I'll forget the routine. The choreography is more difficult to learn than Cathe's. I think ASCIII is slightly easier to learn vs ASC II. But if you like complex step try one out! I still love doing step and always have one in my weekly rotation .

I really, really like Amy Bento - so psyched about her new workouts! IMHO, she is second only to Cathe in giving hard-cardio step workouts (gasping for air, especially once you incorporate the power-ups), and she gives great choreography too.

Natty, I am sure you could get the choreography, it would just take a couple of times through to really nail it. I do find her choreography more challenging than Cathe's. I did her first, ASC, with the first combo on the wrong side of the step for months before I figured out I was doing it wrong. :eek: But no matter, still a great workout!

I think I would recommend starting with the first ASC: it is a bit shorter than the others, great energy, the set is very spartan (which I like). If you want one that is a bit longer, go with ASC III. The first one (ASC) does not have any premixes; after that, they all do, and the premixes incorporate the power-ups (basically some plyo-style moves to jack the heart rate up even more), which can be a ton of fun after you have learned the choreo well enough to do the premixes. ASC does not have as much TIFT'ing (taking it from the top) as the others, which maybe is why I love it so much in the long run (she does not even put all the combos together at the end). However, that might make it a bit harder to learn in the begining.

Whichever one you choose, make sure you preview her complex moves first - she has a section for it on each DVD, I forget what it is called, but there she leads you slowly through 3-5 signature complex moves in the workout. Can be a big help as you go through.

Yay, Amy, new DVDs!!

-Stephanie

I've always wanted to try Amy Bento's step, but I'm afraid they might be out of my league :eek:. I love complex step, but these look a little too complex. How would you compare them to Cathe's complex-step w/o's? Which one would you recommend for someone new to Amy? I'm sure I could get the footwork if I really tried, but I still get intimidated sometimes.

TIA to anyone who offers advice :)

I have a step workout by Amy Bento that I was looking at sitting on my shelf yesterday while I was finishing Cardio and Weights! I have had this for almost 2 years now and have attempted it only once. It was sooo complex step-wise that I just have not had the heart to tackle it again. I may though. But I am going to have to watch it more than once AND write down the step moves to help me. I am afraid she may be out of my league as well.

The way I finally learned ASC II was to add a small portion on everyday, after I finished whatever Cathe workout I had scheduled. That way I didn't feel pressured to get it down all at once. I'm not kidding when I say I had to work at it a dozen times before I could marginally finish it. It remains my absolute favorite step workout. Once it's mastered, it never gets old. I didn't jump right in either, I rented it from Netflix and then bought it off of them. I'm sure I paid over double for that workout, but I couldn't send it back. I feel the same way about In The Ring. Actually, I love all of her kickboxing workouts, they're so much fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.