Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle

KarenL

Cathlete
Just curious if anyone has pre-ordered these workouts. If so why and if not why? I'm kinda on the fence and know that I can get good feedback from this forum.

Thanks for your input!

Karen

Hi Karen. I preordered Tracey Staehle's workouts. I think it was the video clips that sold me. I thought they looked like fun while kicking your butt at the same time.

I didn't preorder Amy Bento's though. This is because I've ordered several of workouts and they just weren't my cup of tea. I've done A Team Bootcamp and Cardio Pump HI/Lo a couple of times. I haven't made it through Advanced Step Challenge workout because it's too complex for me and I haven't had the patience to learn it. I haven't even opened the All Pump dvd or tried Cardio Pump Step yet. I might try her new workouts at a later time though because I really do want to like them. I like Amy as an instructor I think she's fun and motivating.

I've been trying to expand my horizons beyond Cathe. I have a hard time finding anything that I really like though. I'm hoping that Tracey's workouts will be a fit for me. I'm on the fence right now with P90X. I sounds like a good program but I'm still not sure if I should order. I jumped on the Slim Series and Turbo Jam bandwagons and regretted it. I've recently ordered Jari Love's GRTTC and Rock Steady Step by Seasun Zieger but I haven't tried either one yet. For me to do RSS I'm going to have to get past the background exercisers. They are very distracting to me. They make a lot of mistakes during the workout and one of them is noticeably pregnant (I'm not sure why that bothers me though.)

Sorry to ramble on for so long. One thing I can say for certain is I'm really looking forward to Cathe's new workouts.

Jacque:7

I preordered all of Tracey's and Amy's Kickboxing workout.

I'm a bit peeved about Tracey's right now, because one of the reasons I ordered all three was that she had announced that her kickboxing workout, which originally was only having about 25 minutes of kickboxing, the rest being strength conditioning) would be increased to a full 45-minutes of kickboxing, plus 40 minutes of cnditioning, as per customer requests.

Now, after filming, she just recently announced that the kickboxing is actually only about 35 minutes (including warm-up and cool-down).

I preordered Tracey's, but not Amy's. I'm still on the fence about Amy. I'll probably end up preordering at least the kickboxing video.

From the previews, Tracey's workouts look like they'll be fun. I'm very curious about this new instructor though I am extremely disappointed about the kickboxing workout. I have Amy's bootcamp and advanced step. I like them, but these new ones.. I'm just not sure.

I preordered all of Amy's but none of Tracey's. I liked Amy's first workouts and the new ones look like they are going to be even better. They are much longer and have a low impact modifier (which is important to me and my pesky plantar fasciitis). Amy seems like she really listens to her customer's requests. From what she has said on her web site, she has incorporated many of those requests in to the new workouts (like longer workouts, louder music, etc).

Tracey's workouts didn't really interest me at all. Plus, with my latest plantar fasciitis flair up, I've decided not to add too many really high impact workouts to my collection right now (except for Cathe's, of course!).

Good luck deciding,
Shelbygirl

I forgot all about Kelly. Just looked at her website and realized these would probably be worthy additions to my ridiculous sized collection.

As soon as the Amy Bento workouts are available on Amazon, I'm ordering the kickboxing and all pump DVDs (not a fan of hi/lo). I have a gift certificate there, otherwise I would pre-order directly from Amy. I wasn't interested in her first offerings because I didn't like the set, all the woo-woos, nor the price. Those issues have all been addressed with the X-treme series.

As for Tracey, she seems very sincere in wanting to please everybody. But I can't justify spending money on a complete unknown. At this point, I'm glad I didn't pre-order. It would be the kickboxing workout I'd be most interested in. I just viewed the clips and I don't think I could tolerate her voice for too long, plus her form.... eh. I'm also disappointed that the actual kickboxing segment is going to be so short.

Now I love Kelly Coffey-Meyer's The Shape of Things to Come and both of the new ones being filmed sound great! So I think I'll be ordering them as soon as they are available.

I plan on ordering Amy's. The price seems more reasonable than her first series, which Amazon is still selling for $19. If they come down a little on that price I may get her bootcamp workout. I like the fact she addressed all the issues people had with her first workouts. I like it when instructors listen to their customer base.

I have no interest in the Tracey's. I need more feedback on her.

I just ordered Amy's kickboxing and hi/lo DVDs. The All Pump DVD sounded too much like Jari's workouts, which I have. I wonder what I'll end up paying. There are two prices for the 2-paks. One was $36 and the other $34. You get to pick which workouts you want so it's not like you pay more for a certain workout. I would think they'd have to honor the lesser price because it's advertised on their website, wouldn't you?

I ordered Tracey's b/c I liked the descriptions and the music and Tracey's up front way of communicating and her prices are reasonable and not overpriced. I had been looking at workouts and wanting new workouts but never bought anything until I found Tracey's web site. I like how she didn't beat around the bush about some of the things she has already learned from filiming this first set of workouts. I like how she is taking suggessions for her future workouts, but I hope she finds her nitch and realizes that she can't make a workout that will please everyone. I just clicked with her style of straight shooting. The workouts sound fabulous to me!

I tried a couple of Amy's workouts (BC and All Pump) and they did not click with me either. Her fist set of workouts were way overpriced and something about her personality just doesn't click with me. I'm suspicious of why her latest offerings are so cheap, even though she says it is b/c she is using Greg's set, I just don't see how you can go that cheap all of a sudden. I may order a few of these when I see clips/read reviews, but something about Amy has not set well with me from the get go.

>I preordered all of Tracey's and Amy's Kickboxing workout.
>
>I'm a bit peeved about Tracey's right now, because one of the
>reasons I ordered all three was that she had announced that
>her kickboxing workout, which originally was only having about
>25 minutes of kickboxing, the rest being strength
>conditioning) would be increased to a full 45-minutes of
>kickboxing, plus 40 minutes of cnditioning, as per customer
>requests.
>
>Now, after filming, she just recently announced that the
>kickboxing is actually only about 35 minutes (including
>warm-up and cool-down).
>
>

This is not new info. to me. She has been up front about this since after shooting and I've known the time for the kickbox workout for a while now. I'm very excited about it but this wasn't all that recent. I mean, she is a brand new instructor and I'm trying to cut her some slack b/c of how up front she has been with all info.
Angela

>There are two prices for the
>2-paks. One was $36 and the other $34. You get to pick which
>workouts you want so it's not like you pay more for a certain
>workout. I would think they'd have to honor the lesser price
>because it's advertised on their website, wouldn't you?

The hi/lo workout is a shorter workout, and therefore priced at $12.95, whereas the other two are each priced at $14.95. The lower "Double Shot" rate of $34 would be if you ordered the hi/lo plus one of the others. That's my take on things anyway.

Diane

I was ready to order Tracey's until I viewed the clips recently. They look okay but not high intensity like the title suggests. I was expecting to see more challenging workouts similar to Cathe's. I feel somewhat deceived by the "high intensity" advertisement in this case. The exercises in the clips are nothing new to me, particularly the kickboxing. And it is now less than 30 minutes. I have ordered Amy's kickboxing because I think she will deliver. Working with Greg,lowering the prices, and making 90 minute dvds makes me very happy.

>I was ready to order Tracey's until I viewed the clips
>recently. They look okay but not high intensity like the title
>suggests. I was expecting to see more challenging workouts
>similar to Cathe's. I feel somewhat deceived by the "high
>intensity" advertisement in this case. The exercises in the
>clips are nothing new to me, particularly the kickboxing. And
>it is now less than 30 minutes. I have ordered Amy's
>kickboxing because I think she will deliver. Working with
>Greg,lowering the prices, and making 90 minute dvds makes me
>very happy.

I guess we really won't know until we actually try them...kind of like when I tried Amy's and found that they weren't as intense as Cathe. Amy's new batch sounds better but for now my preorder is with Tracey and I will be keeping a close eye on her future offerings as she has been honest with how much she has learned in this first endeavor.
Angela

Hi Angela,

True, but I am not interested after viewing. I will wait to hear what others think and go from there. And yes Tracey has been honest but the fact remains that (IMO) she did not deliver what was originally promised(back to the whole high intensity title thing). Challenging choreography is the number 1 component I look for which is why I love Cathe, Patrick, Amy, and Mindy. IMO I did not see the choreography as something that would personally challenge me in Tracy's clips. I've also been working out for over 20 years now and am very picky. This is not to say that Tracy's are bad in any way, just not what I expected. I guess we will have to wait and see. I love that we have so many options these days. There is something for everyone.

I will be ordering all of amy's.I don't know about Tracey I have never been able to get her website to come up for me.
I was hoping amy's bonus bag section would be longer but I will live.I really enjoy the Amy's I have and want to get the rest.
Can someone tell me if the ab dvd is good I love the abs portion on the wo's I have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.