Amy Bento Advanced Step 2

>Has anyone done the Slo Mo premix that is at the end of ASC
>2? I was curious as to how long it is, and if it is the same
>as one of the premixes on the Slo Mo DVD itself.

No, but now I'm so curious and will have to go check this out!
Angela:7

Does anyone else have audio issues with this workout? I have a hard time following her cuing because I can't hear her very well. I really want to like this workout but find myself getting frustrated because I can't hear her cues.

Jacque

>Does anyone else have audio issues with this workout? I have
>a hard time following her cuing because I can't hear her very
>well. I really want to like this workout but find myself
>getting frustrated because I can't hear her cues.
>
>Jacque

Others over at VF have complained about this as well. I know the music is slightly louder than her voice but I don't have any problems hearing her. I wondered at one point if there were some defective DVD's and asked if anyone had e-mailed or asked Amy directly about this. I like the music being slightly louder but I can hear Amy perfectly fine. I din't know if the complaining on VF was a preference thing or if people couldn't hear Amy b/c their DVD was defective. I don't think I ever got a response as to whether anyone asked Amy about this directly.
Angela

I just got this DVD in the mail yesterday - I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning and I'm so excited!! It sounds like it may take a few times before I can get the moves, but it looks like so much fun, it brings the fun back in working out.

Terri

Thanks for all of the posts! I will be doing 1-2 combos at a time. I almost have the first two down. For some reason, I sometimes end up on the wrong side of the bench-I'll just keep plugging away. I loaned my DVD to my favorite step instructor at the gym-I hope she borrows some of the combos/moves. I'm sure this will be a favorite (next year) when I have it all down. :)

>Has anyone done the Slo Mo premix that is at the end of ASC
>2? I was curious as to how long it is, and if it is the same
>as one of the premixes on the Slo Mo DVD itself.

I just previewed this tonight using the fast forward button quite a bit. It is not the same as any of the premixes on the actual Slomo DVD. It is LONG as in a little over 110 minutes! I'm not sure what the benefit is unless it is just to give people who may not have ordered Slomo a taste of her weight work and I guess one could pick and choose which exercises to use. I would never be able to do weight work for that long!

That being said, I'm heading downstairs to do my favorite step workout...woo hoo!

I've done both the Circuit 1 and the Circuit 2 premix on this video, but not the weight work alone

Circuit 1 is heavier on the quads - it uses Combo's 1-3 mixed up. The circuits are a combo (or combined 1 & 2), Slo Mo Legs, Slo Mo Upper Body. It does that 4 times, then there's a final combo followed by Tri's and Bi's. This one fried my legs!

Circuit 2 uses combos - 3 and 4 and the Power Ups. It's seems to be heavier on the hamstrings. And a bit of a better upper body workout.

As I want hard cardio followed and heavy leg work, this is great for me. I think they are both light on the upper body. But, I will say, they are both CALORIE burners! If I remember correctly, on the second one it starts with combo 4, then goes to hack squats and hammie rockers, THEN it goes to combo 3 - with all the squats and flying over the step. That was a challenge after the squats and rockers! But man it was fun.

Aaaacccckkkk......I couldn't even get the warm-up down x( x( x( x( I did the preview section and did well, so I thought I would try to learn the first combo, but after 30 minutes of rewinding the warm-up I gave up....I am beyond frustrated x(

>Tammy, don't give up completely. I actually had more trouble
>with the warm-up than with the first 3 combos. I still can't
>do the warm-up quite right but I've got most of the combos
>down. Maybe it'll be the same for you.
>
>[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
>My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/
>http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
>
>If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your
>plans.
[/font]

Okay Lainie...I'll keep at it ;)

I second that Tammy! Don't give up!

I FINALLY got combo 5 down and was able to do the challenge thing at the end. What a feeling of accomplishment!

I will keep trying....my next stab at it will be Sunday...y'all don't want to know how many swear words were flying around :eek: :eek:

>I second that Tammy! Don't give up!
>
>I FINALLY got combo 5 down and was able to do the challenge
>thing at the end. What a feeling of accomplishment!
>

Yea Shelley! Don't give up Tammy. The learning curve is TOTALLY worth the effort!

I really enjoy Amy. I purchased this one and her kicboxing one. They quickly have become some of my favorites. I haven't even done all her premixes and later parts of the DVDs. I have done step about 6 times, and just now have a handle on 1-4 sections. Section 5 is just too challenging for me at the end of a mentally challenging workout. Maybe I'll start with section 5 next time? I preordered some of her workouts to come. ;)
~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.