AMC's The Killing

I am obsessed too. I can't wait for Sunday. I think the actors make everything feel real.

It airs Sunday nights @ 10 pm EST/9 C on AMC. I've heard it described as Twin Peaks meets 24.

Here is the description from the website:

"...tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen."

I watch it (but like every other TV show in the past three months, I watch it online : go to www.sidereel.com and look it up, then watch it using one of the links. I always use Megavideo, but if you don't subscribe to it--$69 a year--there's a limit on how many minutes you can watch a day (IRRC, something like 70 minutes?))

ETA: you can also watch it online here: http://www.amctv.com/videos

Last edited:
Well, it looks like we don't have too many viewers among us. For those of you who DO watch it, what are your theories after last week's episode (#4)?

Early on, I was thinking Bennet was either a suspect or might have been involved with Rosie, but now I don't think either is the case. I know he had no one to corroborate his alibi, but it seems too obvious.

I'm thinking Sarah's fiance is looking a little shady at the moment but also found the hints that were dropped about Stan's past to be quite interesting. I also think there's something off with Aunt Terry. And then there's Sterling. Goodness me, I just want to shake out the rest of the info she must be withholding!

Really can't wait for Sundays!

So, I'm watching right now. I think they will keep changing the main suspect until the end. For some reason, all of the cop people look like they need to shower. Also, I don't like the fiance of the cop or the girlfriend of the politician. They seem shady.

This series goes by fast. Does anyone like Rubicon?

Does anyone get annoyed by the two main detectives? The girl has the emotional range of a cucumber (and can she please spit out that huge wad of gum she carries around with her everywhere PLEASE) and the guy is just greasy and weird. I'm still liking the show, but can't stand the two leads.

Does anyone get annoyed by the two main detectives? The girl has the emotional range of a cucumber (and can she please spit out that huge wad of gum she carries around with her everywhere PLEASE) and the guy is just greasy and weird. I'm still liking the show, but can't stand the two leads.
I agree.
On the woman's part, I can't tell if it's bad acting (I don't know her from other parts) or if her character is supposed to be that way.

Another thing for me is, It would be better if it were like a mini series with no days in between. The first night that was two hours really had me hooked into the characters. Their emotions were believable. I am tempted to wait until it is finished and watch the remaining episodes back to back. Melissa

I'm really enjoying this show, but I wish it would stop raining. I lived in Seattle for a year and it does not rain - especially pour - 24/7.

The actors portraying the parents are doing a phenomenal job, their grief is almost tangible.

Debbie Russo

I’m not saying it’s not annoying, but the character of Sarah recently gave up smoking, which is why she’s always chewing gum. There’s something going on there…not sure what. Is she in recovery too? Her partner asked her if her fiancé ‘made’ her quit smoking. And last night – did they say that Sarah lost custody of one child? I could be wrong.

I really enjoy this show. I think AMC does a great job with television shows. My favorite show on TV is “Breaking Bad,” and I really, really like “Mad Men” as well. I also enjoyed “Rubicon,” but that was cancelled after its first season.

The actors playing Rosie’s family are so good!! And I really like the lead detectives too (sorry if they are annoying to some of you).

So many questions… I wonder who the woman is who killed Richmond’s wife? I wonder if Stan’s past will come back to haunt if (or perhaps it already has), and if Bennett and his wife truly are innocent.

I am watching too. I dont know if it's me but I find that I have to turn the volume way up when watching cause everybody is mumbling? or maybe I'm deaf.
I have seen Bennet's wife before but I cant remember where she is from and what about her sister who was being questioned by the det?

I have seen Bennet's wife before but I cant remember where she is from and what about her sister who was being questioned by the det?

The wife was the little girl Chrissy on growing pains...I remember looking her up when she was in What Women Want and I couldn't figure it out! Check out www.imdb.com anytime you are stumped on a actor.

The show is amazing. The lead cop lady was in Big Love and she was pretty quiet. I wonder how the lead was on the original show?

No theories for me, just good tv (and my husband like it too!)

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.