Amazing Abs

cmhoriuchi

Hi Cathe,

You probably get asked this question all the time, but how often do you train your abs to get them to look cut like yours. I do abs 3 times a week, but still don't have the definition I'm looking for. I know diet and cardio have a lot to do with it, too, but I think I'm a healthy eater and I do cardio every day. HELP! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm curious as well. Not only do I work-out with your tapes 3-4 times a week, but I alternate days with running (finishig with an ab routine). I am beginning to see defination in my upper abdominal area, but still have problem with my lower region!! x(

I'd love to know what abdominal work-out I can do that would get me the results I want.

~Gabi

Not Cathe obviously but I do know the key to defined abs is in a lower body fat percentage. I would be willing to guess (and I don’t know for sure, this is merely speculation) that Cathe’s body fat % is in the lower teens. I’m not calling you or anyone here fat by any means. I don’t know you and I’ve never seen you, but someone with an average or what’s considered normal body fat percentage (18 to 26% I believe) wouldn’t show as much ab definition as someone with a lower body fat %. Given the amount of abdominal work you do, I would think you have a great set of abs and the key would be to figure out what your body fat % is and deciding how much more you would need to lower that percentage to get more definition. Genetics will also play a large roll in abdominal definition. Some people will get different definition with different body fat percentages.

I agree with Ritko1. I am trying to lower my bf percentage right now, it is about 20 percent, I believe, and I would like to have a 6 pack, or even a 4 pack! :) and I am not there yet. I have to say my arms and legs are pretty skinny so it appears as if the last place my body wants to take off fat is my abs!

Jen

So true, re: genetics...one of my sons has fantastic abs, he is a soccer player and does no special ab exercises. Does have low body fat though. Definitely in the genes!

> Not Cathe obviously but I do know the key to defined abs is
>in a lower body fat percentage. I would be willing to guess
>(and I don’t know for sure, this is merely speculation) that
>Cathe’s body fat % is in the lower teens. I’m not calling you
>or anyone here fat by any means. I don’t know you and I’ve
>never seen you, but someone with an average or what’s
>considered normal body fat percentage (18 to 26% I believe)
>wouldn’t show as much ab definition as someone with a lower
>body fat %. Given the amount of abdominal work you do, I
>would think you have a great set of abs and the key would be
>to figure out what your body fat % is and deciding how much
>more you would need to lower that percentage to get more
>definition. Genetics will also play a large roll in abdominal
>definition. Some people will get different definition with
>different body fat percentages.

thank you for answering...

I am definately not fat...I really don't know how to figure out my body fat percentage - is there a way to figure it out without having to go to a club or be submerged in water??

About 2 years ago my body fat was measured at a health club and it was somewhere in the 16%...but I was also around 112lbs. I am now 117 lbs, so I am guess it has increase. *Shrugs shoulders*
~Gabi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.