Alwyn, TT, Kettlebellers & ME (lol)- It's Thursday

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hello ladies,

linda- if you can't find nrolw at your library you could try nrol. it's his first one, tons of good workouts in that one also. strength, fat loss etc. as far as TT, love, love, love those workouts. they are absolutely awesome and will definitely kick your patootie!! the majority of TT workouts are all geared towards fat loss.

wendy- you made me look too:p pretty sure i will be getting it. have to try out a new one i just bought first, abs diet 2 workout. supposed to be a real HIIT workout.

shirl- i have to admit, i didn't do SZ yesterday. the DOMS just got to me. couldn't lift my legs or throw a punch:eek: . today i am feeling better. so when does your bc classes begin?

jacque- glad you are back on target for nwolw!!

as i mentioned to shirl the DOMS yesterday got the best of me and i took a rest day. today we are hitting shoulders and traps and i am going to follow up with either 4DSKB or a 30 min run. have to see how the legs are feeling.

ttyl....:)

Morning Ladies -

This morning I did WSFL cardio. I did 5 work periods of Intervals 60 on and 120 recovery (but I shortened the recovery). I used the Rebounder for the intervals and jogged around the house, down the cellar and up into the upstairs for the other part. For the 20 min segment, I did Amy's In the Ring (errr....she frustrates me with her complex coreography). Total cardio was 60" with cooldown/stretch and I burned 519 calories.

Linda - Do you have NROL (the first one)? I actually tried a couple of the fat loss workouts in that one with Giant Sets and it was REALLY good. Next best thing to the metabolic circuits. I loved them. I'm sure you'd be able to get the original NROL from the library, as it's older.

Wendy - glad you enjoy SWAT. Did you get sore from it?

I have my phone interview this morning for that job. I'm still happy at my current job except for the "no insurance" part. Not sure if I'll ever get used to the hours....but the environment makes me overlook the long hours.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good morning all,

Sunny - sounds like working out with DH is even harder than Alwyn? Maybe you two should write a book?:7 Hope you ease the DOMS and then don't add to them too much today.

Today I am planning on trying out CC Vol 8, assuming I get a few more hours of sleep. Can't wait to get to "puke" status as most everyone is talking about with #8. Will let y'all know how it went later.

Enjoy your day !

Good Morning!

How's everyone doing? I'm still deciding which rotation I want to do. I think I'll check our library for NROL. I might do another TT rotation. This week I plan on 2 kettlbell workouts, a total body db workout and cardio, of course. My Boot Camp class starts next week. :)

Jen, So what did you think of SWAT? Do you ever go to videofitness.com? Oh my, I have checked out & purchased way too many dvd's b/c of that site.

Lora, Amy's choreography is tricky but oh so fun once you get it down, don't ya think? Good luck with the interview.

Wendy, Are you sore from SWAT?

Judy, It sounds like NROL4W is a great program.

Linda, Wow, what a workout!

Jacque, Hope you get the sleep you need so you can tell us about CC#8. ;)

Sunny, Sounds like your DH has planned some killer workouts. How cool is that?! Great job for listening to your body!

Lori, Anymore strange men on your runs?

Today is a cardio day - not sure what yet. I'll be back to report my workout.

Let's make today great! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morning Girls!

Sunny: Let me know how the Abs Diet 2 work out is. If you like it you might enable me right back! ;) Just wanted to say not to expect a ton of weight lifting in the SWAT work out. Tons of body weight moves like push ups mountain climbers and burpees, yes, but he only works shoulders, bi's and tri's with weights and for lower body, except for a compound shoulder press/squat exercise in the beginning, he doesn't use weights at all for the lower body. I just wanted to be sure you knew that. :)

Lora: Good luck with this morning's interview. Nope, not sore from SWAT (which is okay with me) but still feeling my lats from the work out I did at the BEGINNING of the week!}(

Jacque: Can't wait to hear your take on CC vol 8! I'll be doing a CC today as well but not sure which one. I think I have 4 to choose from...DECISIONS!:p

Jen: LMAO, I made you look! :p Glad you didn't mind my butting in. ;)

Linda: Great work out y'day despite wanting to puke!

Jacque: You and Judy are making me want to do NROLW again now! I was going to do it after I finished stage 2 of A/B, then I wanted to do a kettlebell rotation instead and now I may be leaning towards NROLW again. AAAH! Too many work outs to choose from! :p

So I'm set to hit the gym and will be hanging out with Coach Sean today. Not sure which work out I will do but I'm dyin' to try out my new runnin' kicks this morning!}(

Have a great morning!

Good Morning Gals!

Im left with some nice DOMS from yesterdays Bic and back (P90X) I think I am going to enjoy the next 4 weeks alot more then I did the first:) How come he has to pretend he is a bird in every warm up? with those arm circles? Not once...but EVERYTIME! LOL He is such a tool! I like that there are real people in these workouts though.All of the women are in good shape but not over the top...thats kinda nice. I also lift heavier then most of them...so thats nice to:) LOL

Sunny** It must be so nice to have someone who enjoys the same thing as you do? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade DH for anything and my last BF was a gym rat who thought he was super cool (and still does)so when I went looking for a new BF I wanted just the opposite as what I had before. Now that 10 yrs as passed, I wouldn't mind if he lifted a dumbbell with me every once in a while! LOL

Lora** Good luck with your phone interview! Good job with the workout!

Jacque** You know your getting a good workout in when you wanna puke! LOL I remember feeling like that when I started Cathes workouts.

Shirl** Nope..haha! No strange men yesteday! LOL

Wendy** Hope you enjoy whatever workout you decide to do. Let me ask you again about these Turbojam workouts...are they as good as they look? As tough as cathe? Will I look like the women on the imformiercial if I buy them???? LOL

Today is suppose to be yoga (which Im gonna do) but I will also be running and doing some abs work.
Oh yesterdays workout was P90X back and bics,PUB & BM2 abs and a hour long run ourside~!

BBL!
Lori:)

Shirl - I can't say that I've ever really gotten any ONE of AMy's workouts down pat!! LOL Her step is way beyond me....and I sort of end up doing my "own version" but still get a good workout. With everything else, I can sort of follow ...a few steps behind....I miss moves and sometimes do alternate moves. She frustrates the HECK out of me but I LOVE her so. Own everything she's ever made!

Meant to mention that I'm not sure I'd have time to do Afterburn if the weights take that long. You don't do cardio after the weights though, right? You do cardio the next day, correct?

Lori,

You snuck in on me too! LOL

Glad you have some DOMS. That's always nice. My lat DOMS is STILL hangin' on! Yeowch!}(

You always want what you haven't got, ey? Funny that your x bf was a gym rat and you hated it but now you want DH to lift with you. The key is not to have someone who is too far to one extreme or the other. You've had both extremes. Now you need to find yourself a boyfriend (on the side ofcourse) who falls in the middle somewhere.....Did I just say that!?!:eek: ;) :7 LOL

Turbo Jam is alot of fun IMO. If you use weighted gloves it adds intensity. It's cardio. What more can I tell ya? LOL It's dancey where Cathe's stuff is athletic. You can ofcourse leave out the dancey and keep Chalene's moves athletic if you want. I really like them and think Chalene is adorable. Lots of folks agree with me but ofcourse some find her annoying and do not like her style. You really have to make the call for yourself. I truly enjoy them though. :)

Lora, You can do the cardio when ever you want. The only thing he DOESN'T suggest is doing cardio BEFORE the weights. You can do it right after, hours later or the next day. It's totally up to you. :)

Hello-

Sunny- good idea to rest those muscles. I am glad you and DH are doingwell so farwith your coordinated workouts! It isfun to have someoneto workout with and who could be betterthat your DH.

Wendy- Which CC or iTread are you deciding on ? This morning was iTread#2 40 minutes for me. It has some hills.... 5%,5%,5% and 9 or 10% I focused on speed so that last hill I kept at 5%

Tammy - where are you today? Iwant to know more about NROL fat loss! In stage 7 NROL4W we finally get to "cut." I may skip stage 6 which Alwyn says it is fine to do in the book.

Today was iTread#2 40 minutes as I mentioned above. OK now it istime to get some real work done around here!

TaTa

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good afternoon, lovely ladies!!

I'm checking in late because I've been in meetings all morning, and am heading back shortly, unfortunately.

I did my cardio this morning, 20 HIIT and 10 steady state. That's shorter than normal, but because I got home last night later than normal I never prepped my lunches and stuff for today. That meant I had to do all that stuff this morning and I need to sacrifice some workout time in that case.

Sunny, how what your workout?

Lora, good luck with the job interview!

Jacque, another crappy night of sleep?

Shirl, SWAT looked like MUCH fun to me. I'm seriously considering getting them. But I'm also seriously trying to reign my spending in, too. Oh, the dilemma!!

Lori, Tony is a total goofball, isn't he? Gotta love him.

Wendy, I almost spit out my coffee when I read your advice to Lori. That totally cracked me up!! A man to meet your every need would be perfect, wouldn't it? 1. A rich one. 2. A funny one. 3. An athletic one. 4. A romantic one. 5...the ever elusive MATURE one!! Just can't seem to find one with the entire package.

Judy, no golf today? Work schmork. ;-)

Have great afternoons everyone~

Jen

Back from the gym and the food store. Had a great lettuce free salad for lunch! I hate lettuce. It's such a waste! LOL I just dumped a bunch of fresh veggies in my bowl along with some dried cranberries for a touch of sweetness and some yummy reduced fat raspberry walnut vinagrette dressing. I was happy and very full even though all I ate was rabbit food!;) :9

My gym visit was a success this morning. I had a very encouraging run with Coach Sean. I did about 40 minutes of CC 5 and was able to push my speed up to 6.4-6.5. I was quite comfy at 6.0 and only a little off kilter at the higher speeds. I'm still not back to where I was but hopefully this is the first step towards improvement for me! I want to get back to gym before the weekend is out and do a steady state run at 6.0. If I can do that pretty comfortabley for about a 3 mile stretch then I'll REALLY feel encouraged that things are getting back to normal because 3 miles at 6.0 should not be difficult for me at all!

Judy: Hi. I did part of CC volume 5. It was a good run for me today. I am happy. I hope you got alot accomplished today.

Jen: Yes ITA on the man front. You can never find everything you want in one single man. If I could take bits and pieces of (almost) every X I have and roll them into one then perhaps I'd have a near-perfect specimen!}( Sorry you had to cut your SS cardio short but it's better then having to rush like crazy to get everything done.

Well, the lil' guy is up for his nap (and it was quite the challenge to get him there!}( ). I think mommy is going to take a power nap too!

BBL!:)

Hi Ladies,

I'll check my library for NROL, thanks for the tip!

Today was cardio with 60 sec high/ 120 sec moderate for 6 rounds, then 5 minutes recovery and then 20 minutes moderate, so I used Imax3 intervals 1,2,3,4,6,7 (some I shortened because they were way over 1 minute) with combos 2,3,4,6,7,8, then 5 min walk on TM then combos 1,2,3 from C&W.

Sunny - I only have a few of the TT workouts. Are there any you highly recommend? I would really like one that incorporates lifting, as I really miss it with WS.

Quick check in with my workout - I did CC 2(revised) and Power for Yoga for Happiness 2 - Twisted Sister premix. It felt great and I am so relaxed from the yoga session. ahhhh. Well, it's time to egt dinner started. Hope everyone has a great night! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

judy- yes, dh and I are having so much fun working out together. can't beat doing something you love with someone you love:)

jen- another doozie of a workout today...whew, my arms are tired}(

linda- ugh, sorry your library doesn't have nrol. honestly i don't think you would regret the purchase. TT's i recommend are circuits, hardcore fatloss, loose fat and gain muscle and the big 5. can't remember which months these are, however they all involve lifting a decent amount of weight and keeping your heart rate way up there.

wendy- so glad the TM worked for you today!! dh is also a personal trainer and certified track coach. (you asked in the cheetah forum) thanks re: the further clarification on SWAT...i am still interested, lol.

jacque- yes dh is waaaaaaaaaay tougher than alwyn. i can barely walk even today. did you reach your sought after puke status today? lol BTW-i would love to come to CA to instruct a GTG class!!

lori- still enjoying those DOMS}( i sure am. it's great working out with dh. so far i am liking what he put together, of course i had to tweak it just a bit;) lol, re: wendy's comment to you about finding the perfect man:7 maybe one of these days your dh will change his mind. i am sure you are a very positive influence.

jen- sorry about having so many meetings. doesn't sound like fun. we did another killer workout today. i am sure my arms will be dead tomorrow.

shirl- sounds like a nice workout today!

after our shoulder workout i followed up with SZ ( i know, finally:7 ) i really, really liked this workout. definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

don't think i will get a chance to post tomorrow. i am getting up at 4:30am to get in a 60 min run on the TM (using CC#7), then off to teach my bootcamp class and then i will be in a all day les mills seminar (so excited) racking up some CEU's!!

hope everyone has an awesome evening and a great day tomorrow!

Jumping back in - no time for personals today but am off tomorrow so will definitely catch up.

I did go back to bed for an hour this time, didn't sleep but rested.

So got up a bit late again, but did CC #8, through the first two challenges again.

Absolutely amazing how the same 35 minutes can create such a better calorie burn than when trying to do HIIT by myself, and, just as others say, it goes by so much faster !

Didn't get to the puke status 'cuz I never went too much passed the low end of a level 4, but was amazed that I could hang at about 85 - 90% of my max and still breathe. For me that is about 160 on the HRM.

Recorded a calorie burn of just over 500 and in comparison to my Shape HIIT 30 min workout it would have been more like 300 - 350 for half an hour.

Oh man am I lovin' this feeling.

Got to get outta here for a 40th BDay dinner, ugh, at a Mexican restaurant. I will try to keep up the willpower that all the rest of you have and be as good as possible. Otherwise, darn it !, I may just have to do the longest CC I have tomorrow after my NROLW ! }(

Then I really would feel like the rest of you who are sooo goooood at exercing for such a long period of time.

Enjoy the evening - "see ya" tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.