Alpha Omega Check-In (2/1/09)

Good morning Iris, Becca, Lynn, Linda, Heather, Penguin, Karen and all who follow! :)

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

This scripture is a comforting reminder to me that I don't need to beat myself up over my failures (which I tend to do!). Jesus fulfilled the law by living the perfect life no one ever could, and we are righteous to God IN Him!! Thank God my eternal salvation does not depend on me or my behavior, but on my faith in Christ's sacrifice!

Iris, how is that Powerstrike workout? Is it similar to what Cathe does in her KB DVD's? Enjoy the book you are reading with hubby! I love reading books together too. It is so nice to be able to discuss it afterwards!

Linda, I hope your entire family is doing well! It seems that once one person gets sick, it inevitably spreads through the house.

Becca, I'm sorry your household is sick too! I am ready for Spring too!! It will be nice to open the windows again and let fresh air in! It's actually going to be *warmer* today and tomorrow - in the 40's, woo hoo! ;) But we're bracing for another potential storm on Tuesday.

Karen, let us know how your studies go. I'd love to hear what it's all about as it unfolds! I'm looking forward to watching Fireproof again. We're having my FIL over to watch it either today or tomorrow.

Today my workout will be Shred, followed by a nice long walk with my hubby and our dog. We have to take advantage of our warm weather today!! ha ha Okay, I'll still be bundled up with my hat, gloves, scarf and earmuffs, but I'm looking forward to getting outside!

Blessings to all!

Last edited:
Workout Update

Workout update.... instead of doing Shred, I did 4DS Kickbox only. I was planning on doing that AND Shred, but my hubby and I took our dog to the park and went for a walk instead, after I did 4DS. We walked 1.7 miles and stopped at the dog park section so our dog could run around a bit with the others. We just had some lunch and now I am beat! Now I am making my grocery list to do some shopping for the week. Hope you are all enjoying your day!

Happy Sunday Ladies,

The weather is soo beautiful here today, it's hard to believe it's February. Not complaining though :)

Christine, I would say Powerstrike is different kickboxing from what Cathe does in that they are basically low impact. Punching combos can be fast paced, and each workout works your entire body. I find that they are the kind of workout that keeps your mind engaged at all time. You can't really zone out, or you miss something. I tend to get easily distracted, and the first time I did a Powerstrike workout, I realized I had to stay focused throughout the workout, lol. 4DS KB is one of my favorite kickboxing workouts too. I love how it gets the work done in 30 minutes :)

Today is my rest day. I just got back from my daughter's Futsal game. I'm sure hubby will be watching the Superbowl game later this afternoon, so I'll be catching up on some reading, and glancing up at the tv now and then. Football is just not my thing.

Becca & Linda, I hope everyone in your house is feeling better today :)

Hello Karen, Penguin, Heather, and anyone else reading this thread. I hope if there are lurkers out there, you come out and share with us :)

Hey friends,

Today was Imax 1 and Lower Body Pryamid which are ones I haven't used in a while. Still get good workouts though, I give it all I have to make the workouts count.

Took my mom to the grocery which was a 2 hour trek through Wal-mart. She's 76 yrs old but unbelievable healthy and strong. She is soooo slow though when she walks that I have to go at a snails pace to walk with her. :eek:) So, by the time we make it down one aisle, I could had gone down 6. But, I love her dearly and am very fortunate that I can be there to help her. She's one special mom. :)

Praying all you ladies stay well and start to see some nicer weather. Today it's about 50 degrees and to see the ice melt off the trees has been incredible. The trees were laying so low that I wondered it they would come back up. Well they are, but there is a lot of damage and still people without power. Kentucky was hit extremely hard and is in a state of emergency from the ice storm.

Chrintine, tomorrow our group meets to finish up The Truth Project then next week will start Fireproof. I will keep you ladies updated and I hope to get as much out of the study as Kirk Cameron did in the movie. My husband and I have been married 25 years and are very happy together, but we can all use help in that area. As long as God is part of our walk together, we can't go wrong!!

Iris, enjoy Powerstrike! Sounds like a great workout. Anything to keep the body moving is worth the time, right? Is your daughter doing it with you? Remember Cathe tells us to focus, focus, focus. :)

Love you ladies and talk to ya'll later.

Karen

Fireproof

Howdy Ladies, I am sorry to hear that there is so much illness going around. It's so hard to be cooped up and have our children sick! Spring won't be coming soon enough! Because we heat with wood stoves, I often have to open the windows up and let fresh air in.... a little cool, but feels great! My husband & I watched Fireproof last night. What a wonderful movie! I got up this morning and ordered two so we can have one for ourselves and lend the other one out. We also thought it would be a great gift to give to newly weds. God bless you guys! I pray that Monday will bring health to your homes!:D
Lynn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.