Alpha Omega Check In 1/15/09

Good morning Lynn, Becca and all who follow!
Becca, I'm so happy you joined us!! I'm excited about our check-in and scriptural encouragement! I was reading today's Psalm and Proverbs, so I'm including the following scripture:

"A joyful heart makes a cheerful face, But when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken" (Psalm 15:13)

I'll admit that these days I've let some circumstances control my happiness, mainly my frustrations and unhappiness at work. I've lost my focus and therefore, my joy! We CAN be joyful in all things, Amen? It is so true that when you're sad, your spirit feels broken. I need to re-focus my thoughts on things above and the joy I have in Christ!

Today is actually my rest day! I did Boot Camp (the original) on Monday, KPC on Tues and MIS yesterday, so my body is happy with some light stretching today! :)

Becca, I hear you about the heavy lifting! I'm more into circuits myself! I've been doing a circuit rotation this month with 2 circuits, 2 cardio & 1 total body. My hubby and I just ordered 30 Day Shred, so I'm hoping to start that in February.

God bless!
:)Christine

Last edited:
I would like to join. I have let a busy schedule take me away from my personal time with Christ and I really need to get back there.

This morning I did the step combos from Imax 2 and Cardio & Weights, then did the cleans and played around with the windmills from Providence, then did the floor stretch from Tamilee's Stretch DVD. Workout was 1:14 and burned 568 calories.

Hi Linda!
I'm glad you can join! I can totally relate to letting a busy schedule get in the way of personal time with Christ! I'm praying this group will be a blessing, with Him as part of our daily check-in! :)

I only have IMAX2 & Cardio & Weights recorded from FitTV. I did IMAX2 once and remember really enjoying it (although it kind of stinks with commercial interruptions, but I'll take it)! What are the other workouts you did? Awesome job on the calories burned!!

Great to meet you!

Hi Christine,

Thanks for starting this check-in. The other workouts are Art Of Strength Providence which is a kettlebell workout. I am just now starting to play with kettlebells, I have not done a full KB workout yet. The other is Total Stretch for Beginners by Tamilee Webb. That is my other goal...to add more stretching to my workouts, because I have basically ignore this part of my fitness.

I don't have FitTv and I could not imagine doing those workouts with commercial interruptions! I own practically all of Cathe's DVD's, but did not purchase STS. I also have a pretty good collection of Amy Bento going now too.

And unlike Carrie, I love to lift heavy and also check in with the Manaics. But I am not following Fitness Freak's rotation right now, but I have followed many of them in the past. Right now I am doing a Turculance Training rotation by Craig Ballentyne. you'll see that work out tomorrow.

Hi Ladies,

I've never posted here before, but just wanted to say how nice it is to see this check-in thread :) I've been reading your thread :)

Hello all! I am working on Beth Moore's fruit of the Spirit right now and today's focus is self-control. UGH! I totally struggle with that, esp with diet and spending. Today she is talking about how we should pray for just enough. Not too much that we do not honor God and not too little so that we do not resort to sinful acts to get what we need. I actually came to the office to get a 3x5 card so I could work on memorizing the verse she referenced. Contentment is hard for me to find. I need to remember that when I want more, to go to the One who will fill all my needs! Not the chocolate or the mall!

My WO plan today is an interval run on the TM. I will do that once I am done with my Bible Study for today.

Linda, welcome to our little corner! I did Kettlebell Way Vol 1 yesterday, which is the Providence with Beth Chamberlain. Those windmills are tough! Good for you for practicing those! I do like to lift heavy on occasion. I just can't do a 3 day split every week. I need to mix it up a bit.

Christine, enjoy your rest day today! I love Imax2. It is such a fun workout. The first time I did it on FitTv and I had to buy it after that. I haven't done it in a while because I am doing running as my cardio right now. I am half way through the couch to 5K rotation.

Iris, welcome! Feel free to join us if you would like! :)

Hello to Lynn and anyone else who may stop by today! :)

I need to remember that when I want more, to go to the One who will fill all my needs! Not the chocolate or the mall!

I hear you on the chocolate Becca. I am very much an emotional eater and chocolate is my vice. I am trying very hard to go to God in prayer for comfort and not food!:confused:

Last edited:
Linda- I haven't tried Kettlebells, but I have read a lot about them on the forums. I'm sure one day I'll have to at least check them out! I have the same goal as you - more stretching!! I love stretching at the end of a workout, but I don't usually do anything beyond that. Lately I've been doing one section of Stretchmax on my off days and it feels so good! I hope I stay consistent! :) I've been doing Cathe workouts since June 2008, so I am looking forward to trying 30 Day Shred next month. I think I just need to try something different, for a physical and mental break. I've heard good things about Amy Bento too!

Hi Iris!! Welcome! I'm so glad you enjoy the thread, please feel free to post anytime! :)

Becca, I started thinking about that scripture you mentioned and I think I found it:

"..Give me neither poverty nor riches; Feed me with the food that is my portion, That I not be full and deny You and say "who is the Lord?", Or that I not be in want and steal, And profane the name of my God" (Proverbs 30:8-9 NASB).

I remember reading this one when I was reading a book called "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. She used that scripture in her book. It's a great book about contentment! I struggle with the same thing and outside sources to fill the void, when I know better! I will keep us in prayer about turning to God who can fulfill all our needs and, in whom we find the ultimate contentment!! I've heard good things about the Beth Moore Bible studies! My husband and I are currently doing a Kay Arthur study on the Sermon on the Mount from the Gospel of Matthew. It's been very insightful and rewarding!

Yep, Christine, that's the verse. I am memorizing it in the Amplified version. I like lots of extra words. ;) Linda Dillow, did she co-write Intimate Issues? We did a Bible Study on that book a while back and I remember thinking it was interesting that her last name rhymed with pillow and she wrote a book about things of the bedroom. :)

Linda, I had to LOL at your reply because I read it as I was eating chocolate cake. :eek:

I did get my run in today. Tomorrow will be something circuit. Probably LIC or C&W. Have a great evening, all!

Back in the saddle again...

Yesterday I took the day off. I think my body was badly in need of rest. Does cleaning the whole house and doing the laundry count as cardio? I wish! Today I did Muscle Endurance. I wish I could say that I was able to do every rep, but I can't. Maybe next time... My biggest success for today, though, was passing on all of the cc cookies and scones that are on the kitchen table that I baked for the rest of my family yesterday. It's a bit hard on them since all four of my boys eat like horses and are in great shape! They want easily accessible food all the time, but for me it's hard to resist. I keep praying that anything with sugar will look disgusting to me. Hasn't happened yet..... I'm Waiting.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.