Almond Milk - Yum!

elsie3

Cathlete
I just tried almond milk for the first time. Wow! I love the taste--but I'm not really surprised, because I love almonds. I tried the Silk brand, because my local supermarket just started carrying it. I also like that it has 20 fewer calories/cup than skim milk. I just wish it had as much protein (only 1g instead of 8g for skim milk). Oh well, we can't have everything.

Yeah, it is really good. I get the Almond Breeze brand in the refrigerator section. Really good. I usually get the unsweetened kind but I once accidently bought the sweetened vanilla variety which is wonderful but packs significantly more calories.

I just tried it too for the first time last week and am LOVING it ! I've never been a milk lover but I've drank soy milk for several years. Now I find I really love almond milk too .
Today I made a drink with unsweetened chocolate almond milk, choco. whey protein powder and starbucks via . Mixed very good with a hand blender and poured over ice for a yummy after workout protein drink . I needed the caffiene boast , after not sleeping much last night and that did the trick in a pretty healthy way! :)
Becky

I love the unsweetened vanilla. I mix it up with some unsweetened dutch chocolate powder and splenda for a hot chocolate.
I use for protein shakes, too.

The almond milk is also a good replacement for the cream in a Kahlua and cream. Add a splash of half and half and liquor. Splenda for the sweetner if needed.;)

Is it soy milk with almonds, or pure almonds? I can't have soy, but I'd like to try it if it is soy free. It would be a good alternative to soy milk. - thanks, Autumn

I just saw that Silk started making almond milk--I picked up a carton to give it a taste :). It doesn't have too much sugar (7 grams per cup), so I feel a little better getting this vs. the unsweetened kind that Almond Breeze has (which I wasn't crazy about).

Haven't had it yet, but can't wait to try it!

Is it soy milk with almonds, or pure almonds? I can't have soy, but I'd like to try it if it is soy free. It would be a good alternative to soy milk. - thanks, Autumn

It is soy free, and I like the taste much better than soy milk. I tried Silk unsweetened vanilla, which is plenty sweet. It has filtered water and almonds with some evaporated cane juice--but fewer sugars than skim milk.

I love the unsweetened almond milk. I use it in my cereal and in my green smoothies. Yummy! I wish I was home so I can have some.

Laura,

I just had it tonight (almond breeze, unsweetened) in my cereal . Nature's Path Flax Plus. I like it better than anything else I've ever had on cereal. Regular milk, or soy.
You should give it a try . :)

Becky

i also use Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Plus.i will try it on cereal.sounds yummy. i love the cereal but it's expensive because the box empties fast so it is expensive.oh well

laura

I make my own raw almond milk (or almond/brazil nut milk) and I really like it as well. It just has almonds (raw, soaked and rinsed), water, a pinch of salt (very little, but crucial to the taste!) and sometimes a date for sweetness and/or some vanilla.

I think I'll go home and soak some almonds for tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.