All aboard the X-train!

Low Impact HIIT - I really appreciate the fact that it really IS low impact. I don't like to do a lot of jumping, and Cathe does a great job of getting the heart rate up there even without jumping.

I joined a weekend FitBit challenge, but I'm thinking that with all of the working out I did this week, plus working about 55 hours this week, I might be good to myself and take a break. I want to be good and rested for Week 2.

Saturday-Low Impact HIIT and burn sets chest as an add on.
Monday-Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders

When I first started the dvd today I thought I had started the wrong disc. I didn't realize that the add on burn sets are in fact the same as the burn set dvd...I hope that makes sense. Now that I know, I will have to watch when I use them as add ons so I don't do too much of the same group back to back.

I didn't get to go quite as heavy as I needed on a few of my sets. My DH exercised with me this morning and we were sharing dumbbells. We need to purchase a another 25lb and 30lb set but I just haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. In hindsight, it would have been more cost effective for us to purchase one large set but the upfront cost was too much for me to bear at the time. Oh well, now I know!

The weather has been wonderful this weekend. I'm looking forward to a quick walk with my girls after school today.

HIIT did not go well on Saturday. I had a lot of trouble getting the disc to work. First of all, it wouldn't even register in the PlayStation. I then decided to brave the DVD player (which we haven't been using because discs keeps freezing), and sure enough, it froze at 11:44. Then, I tried the PS again, but no go. I ended up switching and doing it at my desk, using my computer to play the disc. I started where I left off, but then 9 minutes later, she was done. I was confused! Then, she came back and had a step and the discs! So, I had to pause and then go get all of that equipment to move it into my office. So, I really had like 3 mini workouts in one. Because of all of the frustrations, I quit early and skipped the ab section. I bought a new DVD player that afternoon.

Today was much better - Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I used the new DVD player. I had gone for a plain, cheap one, not needing anything fancy since we have Netflix and Blu-ray capability on the PS. It was hard at first to get used to the not-as-good video quality. But, after a bit, I didn't even notice, and the workout went well. I feel like I really pushed myself. I'll be using the DVD player instead of the PS, I think. I'm worried about over using the PS by doing my workouts every day. I don't want to have to buy the kids a new game console! :)

Cardio Legs tomorrow. Yippee.

Hey there! Quick post. And YES I'm sore from yesterday. Muscles all of the way down my back, chest, pecs, anywhere you press that I worked out last night. I made the mistake of resting my tea cup against my chest while holding it and looking at something on the computer. :)

Today was Cardio legs. A huge cardio workout, and abs thrown in made it 68 minutes. I did better this time than last week. Went up in weights on most of the moves with weights, and I only had to pause ONCE during the workout. She REALLY kicks your butt with the cardio. I had to say "c'mon, really???" a few times when she said "one more set." Good workout, and I've got room to improve.

Tomorrow is heavy Bis and Tris. I really love this program!

XT Cardio Legs is a great workout. Last week I only had time for the first half. Today I did the entire workout and oh my goodness. It really pushed me. To be honest, I had to pause the DVD more than once! The cardio was tough, LOL. I also did the hip thrust challenge. So far I am not sore but except to feel it tomorrow morning.

I want my DH to continue to workout with me but I really need to buy more heavier dumbbells so we have enough to go around.

Take care!

I appreciated a shorter workout today with Burn Bis and Tris. Knowing it was shorter, I really focused on lifting heavy -- heavier than I probably original would have for Bis and Tris. I'm proud to say I did well, marked my weight tracker sheet, and now I'm in a good starting place for when this workout comes around again.

Tomorrow is that long legs and rear delt workout. I have a meeting at 8:30 am, so I will do my best to start it a little early.

I can't imagine lifting as heavy as Cathe does in Bis and Tris. My Bis seem to be much weaker than I'd like to admit. I suppose that's why I am working on this program! I too appreciated the shorter workout and slept in a few minutes day. Yes, tomorrow will be a 5:00 wake up time to get in this loooonnnnngggg leg workout.

80-minute Legs definitely NOT as fun today as last week. My legs were SORE and TIRED from Tuesday's Cardio Leg Blast. In fact, my entire body feels like I've been beat up. Heads of the biceps so sore, shoulders -- reaching up and back to scratch my back hurts!

I looked at tomorrow's workout, and I'm glad that it's so short. I guess the problem is that I've been getting up at 5 am all week, and TRYING to get in bed by 9 pm, but I've had like 11-12 hour work days. So, not too much time to rest. I'm definitely feeling that end-of-week burn out. I'm going to try and NOT accept any client work this weekend. I need a break!

I had took an unplanned rest day yesterday. I am in the same boat as you with long work hours + family so I was fried. Today I picked up with the legs workout. I really do like this one. I will do either the kickboxing or HIIT workout tomorrow and catch back up with you on Monday.

I can't say enough about this leg workout. I really do like it!

I am starting to see some changes in glute shape and that is very exciting. At the completion of Cathe ICE I had lost 1 in in my hips. This is my problem area. I'd like to see not only a lift in the bum but the side/saddlebag area come in as well. Not sure if that will happen with Cathe exclusively or if I need to add something...I hope not add because I only have a limited amount of time to workout in the mornings. It just doesn't get done later in the day with work, kids, activities, etc.

Hi, Ranch Mom!

Today, I did the kickboxing workout. I really like how she has good music in the kickboxing workouts (here and in ICE), as it makes the workout really fun. I told myself I only had to get through 20 minutes of it, but I ended up doing the entire workout.

Tomorrow, I will have a living room of teenage boys since my son is having a sleepover tonight. So, I won't have access to my workout space. I'm am not good about working out later in the day, so I will have to see if tomorrow's workout gets done. If anything, I could do the non-step part in front of my work computer and then maybe take a walk with the dogs. I remember having so much trouble with the DVD not working last week that I never really got a good feel for the entire workout. And, by Saturday I am so tired anyway.

That is great that you have lost an inch from your hips! Guess what? I FOUND it! :) I'm not really sure what is going on with me, as I think I'm eating well. I have been on birth control pills (a 3-month cycle pack) for 5 months now to help control bleeding (a previous operation didn't "take"), so I maybe could be gaining some weight from the extra hormones. That never happened to me in my 20s, though. I think I will continue with the hormones, as I don't really like the side effects without them, and just try and tweak my diet more. This week, I plan to do the 7-Day jump start diet and then after that go strictly Paleo. I already eat completely gluten-free, and I don't do desserts, so I'm still really baffled by the weight gain.

There were sleeping kids in my TV room today. It's 10am, and they are still sleeping. There was also some snoring going on. So, I didn't feel right popping in the DVD even at my computer, since my office is only separated from the TV room by the kitchen. We have sort of an open concept, so it would have made noise.

So, instead, I took my dogs for a walk, and then I went out for another walk for an hour. So, 1 1/2 hour walk. I was sort of disappointed that I only got 12,000 steps out of that; I was looking for about 4,000 more.

I think that will be my official workout for the day. I have a lot going on. And, we have cardio legs on Monday. I'll be trying to get in more steps today, as well as tomorrow, though.

I bet you made the right choice considering the intensity of these workouts. Sometimes we can only do what we can.

Have you been using the nutrition program? My impression was that you were initially disappointed but I don't know if that has changed or not. I only track calories via My Fitness Pal and I wear a polar HRM. I'm starting to question how accurate the calorie burned count is with my polar. I do use the chest strap but I frequently hit 600-700 calories with Cathe (both ICE and XT). Maybe that is accurate but it does seem a bit high to me.

I completed the low impact HIIT + Core + Burn Sets Chest. In hind sight I wish I would have pulled out the ICE Chest MM just for a bit of variety. I have been trying to complete the hip thrusts and two bonus/challenges a week with XT.

I am looking forward to mixing up the order of the workouts next week. Hopefully this will keep my husband engaged. I do like having him with me as I think it helps to push me through at times.

Hi, Ranch Mom. No, I haven't really been using it the past few days. It is so time consuming to enter in everything and keep track. I guess I was under the impression that it would also have diets you could follow. And, it sort of does, but I just don't like the way the whole thing works.

Anyway, I''ll still probably try and get in there and track things since I paid for 3 months.

Feeling kind of crappy today. Migraine, so I've been trying to conquer that. Hopefully, I'll feel better by tomorrow.

Cardio Leg Blast today. I still feel bad - headache and stomach ache - so I told myself I only had to do half. I did 6 of 12 rounds. Then, I was skipping to the cool down and found a few rounds I wanted to do, so I ended up doing 8 rounds plus another strength exercise (so, that means cardio/strength for 8 rounds plus that extra strength). So, I got through more than I thought I could.

I'm not sure why I'm sick for so long. All day yesterday and still today. We went to a charity dinner on Saturday, and there was a lot of free wine flowing. So, that could have been part of it. But, then I thought it is possible that I also got "glutened" a bit (I have Celiac disease, and so I can't eat gluten). Maybe the combination of the two. Or, who knows. At any rate, I still have both "aches" and I'll just have to keep pushing through it. Honestly, I wasn't going to do today's workout, but I figured that nothing else was working to feel better, so I'd try that.

I'm tracking food in the nutrition program again starting today. We have 10 weeks left of the 90-day program, and in those 10 weeks, I want to lose 10 pounds (to get down to 108) and lose 5% BF (the scale shows 25% and I want to get to 20%).

My knee and right foot were hurting today before my workout. I had to walk around a bit to get warmed up before starting my workout. But, then I tackled Hard Strikes and did a bit better than I thought I would based on how I felt before it. Afterward, I did some foot rolling/stretching exercises and then some calf massages. My feet and legs were just tired, and I think it is because I tried to get in extra steps yesterday. For some reason, I just can't do a lot of walking on some days because my legs and feet are delicate. I know that sounds weird, and I think it IS weird. It's just my feet easily get tired or messed up. I may have to break down and see a podiatrist for that. I know for sure I'll do some more stretching and foot rolling today. When I get up from sleeping or having been sitting for a while, it takes a while for my feet and ankles to work out the kinks, and I read somewhere that is a form of plantar faciitis.

Anyway, I'm excited to do Chest and Back tomorrow and will try and go heavier than I did the last time I did this workout.

I was successful in tracking all of my food yesterday, and my stats were pretty good. I'm down .5 pounds today, and I hope that keeps up.

Congrats on the weight loss!

My youngest daughter cannot eat gluten either. It is new to us as she went off gluten just this past Christmas. Our extended family has issues with gluten so this wasn't shocking but it is an adjustment for our immediate family. She is only 9 so there is a strong emotional component to this as well.

I too am looking forward to chest and back tomorrow. My legs are a bit fried. I feel as though I am gaining weight. I so desperately want to lose another inch in my saddle bag/hip area. Starting to get a bit frustrated based upon how challenging I am finding these workouts to be.

Chest, Back, Shoulders. I went heavier on several moves, even a few that I hadn't marked to go heavier. For next time, I'm marked one more I will need to go heavier on. Pushups generally on my toes except during the warm up. She just goes too fast on the ones in the workout for me to be able to get deep enough while on my toes. So, knees it is, for now.

Yesterday, I also walked 14 miles, which is the most I've recorded ever with my FitBit. I'm in a weekly challenge, and something made me feel like I wanted to hit 30,000 steps for the day. I ended up with 32,000+ because that put me at 45,000 for the two days (mon/tues). I'm going to try and do the same today, but it won't be as easy since I didn't get many steps from my workout and also I'm pretty busy with work today. So, I'll do my best. It might not be worth it to me, as maybe all of that walking yesterday added to my feeling tired today.

I'm feeling down today, like my efforts aren't worth it. But, I know that's probably hormones and tiredness speaking. So, I'm doing my best to IGNORE!! :)

Have a great day!!!

Great job on getting your workout done! I did not get the workout done today. I had to take a kid to a 7 am orthodontist appointment, myself to an 8 am dermatology appointment, and then back by 9 am for a conference call and work ever since. I was going to do it this afternoon, but now I'm just so tired. The thought of popping in a DVD doesn't work for me.

However, I did walk 14 miles on Tuesday, 14 miles on Wednesday, and I'm aiming for at least 10 today, so I will call that my workout, add to the workout manager, and be done. She DOES say in the booklet that X-train is designed in a way so that it is OK to miss a workout here or there when life gets in the way. So, I will consider walking my leg workout!

I've still been good about tracking my food, and I've learned how to use the nutrition program better so it's easier. I've changed up my diet this week, back to eating 5-6 small meals during the day rather than a bigger breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as recommended on the Whole30. So far this week, I've lost 1 1/2 pounds. We'll see where I'm at a few weeks from now.

Tracking my food has shown me that I'm right on track as far as my calories and protein are concerned, so I'm not really sure why I've been gaining weight (5 pounds heavier than my normal "high"), other than carelessness. Or, I've also done some research on hormones (like BCPs), and although I never had issues in my 20s, I can see why now the type of pill I'm taking -- with the extra estrogen my body is getting with no rest from hormones for 20+ weeks now -- why I'm gaining in my hip, thigh, and legs, which is where you tend to gain weight if you are holding too much estrogen.

So, I'm going to try something slightly different with my prescription, which is going off of them for the placebo "rest" week, rather than a continuous cycle of just the pills with hormones like my doctor suggested. Maybe the week free of hormones will help flush any excess out of my system. I'm hoping that plus my continual clean eating will make a difference. Otherwise, I might have to either get used to the extra weight or switch to a monthly pill rather than a 3-month one so I have one week of month of being hormone free. I just wish I didn't have to take it at all, but at this point I'd rather not deal with the effects of NOT taking them.

I'm looking forward to Bis and Tris tomorrow. I lifted really heavy last time, and I thought it was a good workout.

I took a rest day today. I feel as though I am not as experienced of an exerciser as I thought I was. I am a bit deflated.

I will pick back up tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.