All aboard the X-train!

mrschi

Cathlete
Finished up Levels 1 & 2 of ICE a few weeks ago. Back from a 2-week vacation. This week, I'm focusing on getting over jet lag, detoxing from the sugar and wine I enjoyed during vacation, and getting myself back in front of the TV/DVD player with some of the shorter X10 workouts.

I'm starting the classic X-train 90-day program on Monday, March 28th. So excited, because I love to lift weights!

Anyone else? Any thoughts? I've looked at the calendar. Those are some LONG workouts during that one leg day.

Man, it's hard getting back in the groove after taking 2 weeks off. I'm glad I decided to start slow this week before jumping into Xtrain. Today, I did X10 Fat Burning Circuit.

Now, if only I can get an 8-hour night's sleep. I've been at <5 and 6.5 the last two nights since we got home.

I have just 3 workouts left from my 90-day X Train rotation, then I finally start ICE on Saturday! This is my third year of starting the 90-day rotation at the beginning of the year, and I just love it! I think this is my strongest year yet. Enjoy your X Train time, and I will be back next January!

Can someone point me to where I can look at the rotations for xtrain? I am looking at maybe buying it. I am doing STS now. Have two weeks left. I purchased ICE, and might do that e of you who have done ICE and xtrain can you give insight on lengths of workout, intensity in cardio, similarities and differences....thanks

Yes, go to the workout manager (http://cathe.com/workout) then click Rotations, Download a Rotation > Next, Cathe Rotation > Next, scroll about halfway down and you will see the X Train options. Choose one and click Next, and the entire rotation will be displayed, with an option to include it in your calendar.

I have just 3 workouts left from my 90-day X Train rotation, then I finally start ICE on Saturday! This is my third year of starting the 90-day rotation at the beginning of the year, and I just love it! I think this is my strongest year yet. Enjoy your X Train time, and I will be back next January!

Carrie - I think you will really love ICE. I did.

Can someone point me to where I can look at the rotations for xtrain? I am looking at maybe buying it. I am doing STS now. Have two weeks left. I purchased ICE, and might do that e of you who have done ICE and xtrain can you give insight on lengths of workout, intensity in cardio, similarities and differences....thanks

Liberty - I haven't done Xtrain, yet (starting on Monday), but just looking at the rotation calendar, Xtrain workouts seem like they could be longer. But, it really depends on where you are in ICE. Level 1 of ICE is shorter, because you aren't doing extra cardio blasts or the extra body part muscle training at the end. Level 2 become longer because you now do the extra weight work. Level 3 - which I never got to because the workouts were all so long - then throws in the extra cardio blasts.

Excited to start X-train on Monday. I've got my workout card all printed for Monday's workout to record what poundage I use. I downloaded the program into my calendar today, and it takes me right up to June 18th, which is perfect because we leave on the 19th for a week's vacation.

I will NOT blow it during the vacation and eat too much, since it is at our time share. We do a lot of cooking and relaxing, and they have a great gym at the place, so my husband and I will be visiting that daily.

Anyway -- really looking forward to Xtrain. I'm slightly worried about keeping up the pace for the the 12 weeks, since it's 6 days a week of some pretty long workouts. But, I will try not to miss anything.

X-train Day 1 - Chest, Back, and Shoulders. I don't think I challenged myself enough. I wanted to go conservative because Cathe usually lifts way heavier than I can. And, I was struggling on some of the moves. But, I think I could have pushed more, and I did make a note on my workout sheet where I should go heavier.

Tomorrow is Cardio Leg Blast, and I see that she uses weights for some of the moves, but the system doesn't print out a workout card for this workout. So, not sure if or how I will track my weights for this workout.

Question -- do any of you have a subscription to the Nutrition program?

I completed Day 1 yesterday. Just like you I don't think I was pushing myself quite as hard as I could have. I know some of it was apprehension that I needed to get through the workout once and then assess the situation for the next time.

I completed only the first 6 rounds of cardio leg blast today . However I added core and the 100 hip thrusts. I loved doing this bonus challenge!

Looking forward to what is next!

I have no idea what the nutrition program is...

Hi, RanchMom:

Well, I got through all rounds of CLB blast today, but I did pause the DVD a few times. At one point, she actually says "if you need a break, pause the DVD." So, I'm like, okay!

The cathe.com website offers a subscription to a personalized nutrition program. You can track your foods, and not only do they track calories and your macros, but also things like the vitamins you are getting through your food and suggestions for improvement. So, I was curious about that. I might try either the 1-month or 3-month option. You can find the nutrition program within the workout manager.

As suspected, walking was very hard today after yesterday's Cardio Leg Blast! But, I did Hard Strikes, premix 16. If that is only the very basic workout, I hate to see what the full workout looks like. I took a look at the chapters on the video, and it looks really hard! But, wow, what a great overall workout it looks to be.

Thankfully, I can rest my legs again tomorrow since it's Bi's and Tri's.

I looked through the other chapters as well. I don't have a heavy bag so I don't think I will use the conditioning drills. Honestly though I did prefer the ICE KB workout to Hard Strikes. I did appreciate the slightly shorter workout today.

Have you taken a look at the 100 rep challenges? I don't see them at all in the 90 day rotation calendar. I'm not exactly sure when we are supposed to use them and how often. I really liked the MM from ICE. I tried to always select the premix that incorporated the MM throughout the primary WO. It really helped me to get through all 3 of the sets....I don't think I could do 3 sets back to back just yet.

I did find the nutrition program. At this time it isn't compelling enough for me but I would be very curious to hear your opinion if you go for it.

Have a great day!

Bi's and Tri's done. This was a great workout. I need to dig out my tubing. I forgot to do so prior to the workout so I just went heavier for those exercises. My bum and inner thighs were so sore last night and again this morning. I plan to do some additional stretching later tonight. Have a great day!

Hi, Ranch Mom. She talks about the 100 rep challenge in the X-train book. It's not really part of the 90-day rotation. And, I'm not sure I would throw those in unless you really need more of a challenge from just the workouts alone.

I did Bis and Tris today, too. I'm not sure how I felt about it. I know for sure I could have gone up in weights on some of the exercises, and I did mark that down. Maybe if I go up on those few exercises I will feel like the workout was a challenge overall. I guess I'll have to see how sore I am tomorrow.

I did buy the 3-month nutrition program. So far, I am not super impressed, and I really wished that I had only gone with 1 month. You have to enter in all of your foods, which is pretty normal, I guess. But, if you are used to eating clean or follow a particular way of eating (eg, Paleo or Whole30), I don't think you would need it. However, if you just aren't sure what you are eating, I think it's good because once you enter your food, it shows you where you are high or low in your macros, calories, and vitamins. So, then you can click on one of the buttons that is low (like, Magnesium), and it will show you foods that you can eat to up your values in the areas you are deficient. The whole thing is just pretty time consuming is all. And, it doesn't connect to the overall Workout manager, so you still have to enter your calories eaten separately in the Home field.

I'm a bit scare about tomorrow's leg workout.

I made it through legs! Actually I found today's wo to be very enjoyable. I love barre and floor exercises. It was great to mix those types of movements along with athletic exercises. The workout was very long. I will just have to make sure I plan ahead very carefully because I exercise early in the morning.

Yesterday evening my biceps were painfully sore. When I woke up this morning I just have minor DOMS so I am thankful.

I bought xtrain. It arrived yesterday. I'm currently finishing up STS, so decided to do xtrain low impact. wow, my cardio level is really down! I got through it though. I start Xtrain rotation towards the end of April. However, I am trying some different cardio's to add to STS. I will try X10 next. :)

Oh, a little about me, I'm a single mom. I am also in my last 6 weeks of my BS degree. I start grad school in August. So, my days are packed. I am SO looking forward to taking this summer off! First one in five years!

Have a great day!

Liberty - Great, hope you enjoy Xtrain. I hear you on the cardio. I felt that way when I started ICE, but I quickly progressed. I was also a bit of the same when I came back from my 2-week vacation. Usually, I exercise over vacations but since we were doing a lot of walking, I skipped anything official and my cardio needed to ramp back up.

Ranch Mom -- I laughed when you said how enjoyable Legs was. I felt the same way! And, I was intimidated going into it since it was so long. Don't get me wrong - it was hard! I had to stop early on many exercises, and my legs were shaking near the end. I also really enjoyed the barre portion.

I guess HIIT is on tap for tomorrow?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.