Afterburn: Two Thumbs Up!

FiddleFit

Cathlete
I loved it. I'm drenched in sweat. It's a tough little workout, with all of the glider-plank exercises. It has the feel of the Shock Cardio workouts, but without the impact. Loving that! I think there were 8 circuits, but I lost count. What I remember is when I thought we were done, she through another circuit at us, and told us to give her everything. Huh?? I'd already done that!! I gave it what I had, though!

My favourite bit was Cathe's admission that "I've become so good at stalling, I should make it an exercise" LMAO! Yogi's have already done that - they call it Shavasana :) Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to one of the new yoga routines tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the rotation Cathe's going to put together with the rest of the series.

Turbo Barre

I did the barre workout as my first one. I was afraid it would be endless leg lifts...but it was wonderful. It was amazing how fast the workout went. Cathe kept changing things ups and although I never got the drenched in sweat feeling, my muscles are shaking and I have a feeling tomorrow it will really set in. Even the core work flew by.

I just did Turbo Barre and loved it. I used four-pound weights (I thought about using my sixes, but opted for the fours instead because it was my first time with the workout, and I was very glad that I did) and the pink firewalker band. My arms got plenty toasty during the upper body segment and my legs were absolutely killing me (in a good way) by the end of the barre work. I can see me doing this workout really often because the moves are so unlike my other leg workouts; I felt like it was hitting my legs in totally different ways.

I loved AfterBurn too! It kept my heart rate at around 160 throughout the workout. I missed a few reps here & there & will have to work up to those crawling, staggered push-ups...but really loved the workout! I think tomorrow will be YogaMax & maybe Tri-Sets.

Lily

like the HiiT's?

Sounds great! Was this anything like the HiiT workouts? I got the downloads and I'm trying to find one for tomorrow that's as close to the HiiTs as possible. Did Cardio Supersets today and that was great, but still looking for those HiiTs...

Try the first 30 minutes of Athletic Training....You'll get exactly what you're looking for somewhere right around the 20 minute mark :eek: :eek: :eek:.

After Burn builds intervals and intensity gradually but by the end you are a sweat factory.
Sounds great! Was this anything like the HiiT workouts? I got the downloads and I'm trying to find one for tomorrow that's as close to the HiiTs as possible. Did Cardio Supersets today and that was great, but still looking for those HiiTs...

I got my workouts today -- yay! Cathe and crew did a great job getting these out.

I know I'm going to do AFterburn first, but I wondered if anyone has done the long Bonus AFterburn premix and what that is like. Does it add extra blasts??

I just previewd afterburn and it looks fantastic!!! There are 10 intervals. each individual exercise is about 50 secs and there are 2 exercises repeated twice in each interval. So each interval is about 4 mins long.
Looks great, going to give it a try today. :)

Also courious what the bonus burn premix is as I just have the download.

My dvd's arrived today, and I did Afterburn first. "Sweat factory" is accurate, Cathe! I am used to being sweaty after a workout but I could have wrung my exercise top out by the end of the workout! I felt fantastic after doing this workout, well at least after my shower! :D

Some specific feedback on Afterburn:

-The Sliding Disks are big and sturdy and slippery! I'm very fond of them already. I use the plastic disks by themselves on carpet. Such a joint-friendly way to do burpees.

-The core work never stops.

-The whole workout is fast-paced and I had to pause it a few times to catch my breath!

-I found Cathe more motivating than ever -- so many encouraging words, and they really make a difference for me.

CAN'T WAIT to try all the other workouts in this series! :D

I did the Afterburn Bonus workout (about 75 mins) last night, and I really enjoyed it. For those interested, the Bonus workout is basically 1 1/2 Afterburns! You do the main workout (which repeats each interval twice) plus each interval again once. There are some really interesting moves in this workout -- love those plank drags to staggard push-up!

i loved this & knew from the get-go it would be my favorite. it's just perfect, gets the job done but you don't feel defeated. you feel like you worked hard & then you're pumped & energized afterwards...yea!

i think the next one i try will be tri-sets.

Just finished Afterburn...What a great workout!! Who knew you could work so hard without a single air jack or tuck jump! Every bit as tough as Core Cardio Circuit or HIIT 40/20 if you are looking for intervals. I was winded after only the first interval. Very fun workout that I will do again and again...after I try all of the others first, of course!

After Burn builds intervals and intensity gradually but by the end you are a sweat factory.

Boy you weren't kidding about the sweat factory. I had sweat dripping everywhere & by the end I was shaking & really having to push to the end, but I loved it. I can't wait to try the other workouts in this series.

I'm viewing this workout now. There's no way I'm going to be able to do this workout any time soon. My endurance just isn't there. I don't think it will ever be there. :( :confused: It looks like a great workout though, for those that can get through it. :)

Checking After Burn off the list

I just finished after burn. This is my third workout of the series. It was another great one. Fast moving ...which means you can't sneak out in between moves! Had a good variety of evil and slightly less evil cardio sections to make me feel like I could survive. I got all excited when Cathe chose 5 pounders on the last set but then almost didn't make it through. ( how does she do that?)
I still don't have my gliders so I had to use my furniture slides. They worked fairly well except for the jumping jacks. I could just see me flying backwards and knocking myself out.
There was a couple of times where I was saying evil things about Cathe but then I would get a burst of energy and finish the round. it keeps you motivated.
Not sure which one I will try tomorrow...depends on if I can move!

Did AfterBurn yesterday and my inner thighs were really screaming. Loved the workout. Different, but actually worked parts of my legs I didn't know existed :-O Got up this morning and those same spots are still yelling at me. Good job, Cathe!

I'm viewing this workout now. There's no way I'm going to be able to do this workout any time soon. My endurance just isn't there. I don't think it will ever be there. :( :confused: It looks like a great workout though, for those that can get through it. :)

There are premixes that do just half the intervals, if you like the look of this workout but are working on your endurance. The shorter premixes (all around 30 min.) let you do intervals #1-5, or #6-10, or all 10 but just once each (the full-length repeats each interval).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.