advice

Leggs

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone can tell me where they purchased thier barbells for the cathe tapes. I have one I borrowed from my brother in law but it is really long and akward. And it takes so long to remove the gadget to get the weight off to either increase or decrease. I was wondering if I should purchase something less akward and time consuming and where for a good price. THanx for your advice

I'd say call around to various decent-sized sporting goods stores in your area and ask who sells a 4 or 5ft. barbell. I got my 5ft. (when I used to live in Dallas) at Academy, but i know those aren't nationwide. If you have Oshman's, they carry them too.

I got little clips that work much faster than collars, but i usually have to pause the video to change weight safely even with the easy clips.

It shouldn't be hard to find a good barbell and feel free to try out the clips at the store. Oh, and one last thing: for plates, make sure you buy the right size or buy the right barbell for the plates you already have. They have two different sized holes. I didn't pay attention and learned my lesson years ago when i carried home a bunch of the wrong-sized plates.

Cathe has links to info on all the equipment from her home page too.

Ginger

I got my 5 foot barbell with weight plates totalling 100 lbs at Sportsmart for $40. Since I thought that was a good price I also purchased another barbell that way I have 2 loaded barbells while I'm working out which really cuts down on the amount of times I need to change weight plates.

:) Stacy

My barbell set is the Troy Lite set; it has a short and narrow bar weighing only 5 lbs, and can accommodate up to 80 lbs in rubberized weight plates. I got mine through Fitness First (I think this can be found in Cathe's Buyer's Guide on the home page) (www.fitness1st.com ?) You pay a pretty penny for shipping though, because of the weight of the . . . well, weights.

I really like my set. The plates are easy to get on and off, and I also bought a thick neck pad that I use for standing lunge and squat work to take the discomfort off the back of the neck.

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.