Advice on leg rotation

Cathe and Cathletes,

For many reasons I can only do a 5-day rotation. My upper body responds nicely to strength training but my legs....not so much. Would it be overkill if I do something like this:
Mon: GS Legs
Tues:pyramid Upper Body
Wed:pyramid Lower Body
Thur:High Reps Upper Body Premix
Fri:High Reps Lower Body Premix
I know I should give my muscles time to recover so i wonder if this is too much? Your advice would be truly appreciated! Thank you.....

It looks like it could be a bit much. Assuming you don't want to do impact/intense cardio could you put in a core, stretch, yoga, or a walk etc. on Wednesdays? And then alternate GS Legs with either Pyramid Lower Body or High Reps Lower Body?

I used Fitness Freak's leg blast 2010 rotation last year with great results - if you can only do 5 days then omit one of her cardio workouts since you don't seem to have that in your original plan.
Jamie

I would suggest putting your heavy leg day on Friday-then you'd have the weekend to recover! So something like this:
Mon:Lower body-endurance (gives you some cardio) ex: cardio leg blast, Leaner Legs, lower body blast, legs and glutes
Tues:Upper Body-ex: Heavy -PUB, PP-upper premix, STS total upper,
Wed:Cardio-step, kickbox, tabatas, HiiT
Thurs: Total body metabolic (gives you some cardio)-ex: Afterburn, High Reps, Flex train,
Fri: Heavy lower body ex: PLB, PP lower body,

Beth

Last edited:
Depends on how fast you recover from doms. If you are still sore two days later, then do cardio instead. Nothing wrong with a 4 day split.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.