addictions...

smiley2

Cathlete
What foods or drinks are you addicted to?For me I would have to say coffee drinks..starbucks or coffee coolers...YUM!!!Oh-I love york mints too!;-)

chocolate!!!!!! I absolutley love chocolate! I am also very addicted to greek pizza, and movie theatre popcorn. For drinks, I just love Mountain Dew and WATER! On the healthy side Im addicted to apples, banannas, cantelope, grapes, carrots, watermelon, and baked chicken!
Tina

I am diffently addicted to coffee and my favorite addiction is a treat called CLODHOPPERS.I don't know where they are made but it is graham clusters covered in choc...peanut butter choc and vanilla choc.I am really not picky about which one I eat.I am just thankful that I am not addicted to cigerettes,alcohol and gambeling.
Lori

I'm a member of the PCAA...Potato Chip Anonymous Association. As a recovering junkie, I sometimes slip when DH brings a bag home. I take small handfuls at a time and am often surprised when they are all gone. :D
and...I used to want to go to Dunkin' Doughnuts and eat one of each kind they have on display.
Last year, I did eat a whole bag of Krispie Kremes. I've been very good (is it on the wagon or off the wagon?) since November 2002. No doughnuts and only one or two maybe three...handful of chips.....so far....
LOL

Starbucks coffee, just black! And, as far as foods...Low Fat Cheezits, and Lime Tostitos, though I rarely give in to my addictions.

Stacy

:9 I am addicted to pastas, macaroni and cheese, pizza, and chocolate! I usually make my pastas low fat, but sometimes I just need the real thing for a treat! Also, diet Dr. Pepper, but I am trying to drink more water in place of it!:9

Oh my....I can't believe I didn't say Grandpa Shearer's Potato Chips! I, too, can down a bag if I don't watch myself. And, theater popcorn with BUTTER! Yikes! This thread is making me very weak. Headed out for dinner right now at the Northfield Horse Racetrack with hubby's company. Never been here. I am HUNGRY! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

DIET COKE

I've quit for months but always go back. Trying to limit myself to just a few glasses a day. Ok, so the "glass" could be the size of keg!;-)

I am addicted to black tea. I drink 3 or 4 cups a day, but only occasionally have coffee.

As far as food, I can't stop eating Key Lime pie filling. I make a pieworth once a year and my daughter and I eat it all at once, otherwise, I don't touch it. I would have trouble with perfect crusty French (freedom?x( ) bread with butter, but I rarely indulge.

A ripe mango and I are not separated without someone getting hurt. I am nearly as selfish with perfectly ripe pineapple. I also like watermelon, cherries, honeydew, peaches and persimmons, but I will share them with my friends.

Since y'all can't throw anything at me, I'll admit on this forum that I hate chocolate, have always hated it and am amused at the way most women feel about it. I don't know why, but even as a child I didn't like it. And the letters in my name are an anagram of "alien", so maybe that's why.

Liane

-McDonald's fries (I have a secret desire to have an entire "to go" bag filled with hot McDonald's fries and I just eat them straight out the bag.) This is actually my "death bed" wish that my hubby and daughters are aware of and are expected to grant at the appropriate time! (of course they tell me I need to seek help every time I quiz them to make sure they remember this!)

-ice cream

Hey, that's not bad, yeah both are high fat as heck, but only 2 addictions isn't bad!

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Liane, you are so funny! I'm a chocolate lover, but I think I'll let your hatred of it slide since the "alien" comment made me laugh. :D Like Debbie, I simply cannot pass by homemade potato salad, especially if it's my mom's recipe. Also, my cheese addiction is conducting a full scale war on my hip region. I'm sad to say that the cheddar is winning at this point, but I do occasionally beat it back with a few rounds of StepWorks.
-Kate

COFFEE!! COFFEE!! COFFEE!!

So, I think my biggest addiction is coffee. Love it, adore it, and live for it. I love black coffee, plain espresso, and flavored coffee drinks from coffee shops and the such. Unfortunately, the last several months I have been so stressed by various things that I was experiencing horrible (and scary) anxiety. It was aggrevated by the fact that my hip has been injured so I wasn't able to move around much and help ease my tension. I just couldn't bring myself to completely quit drinking the coffee and it was making me worse, SO my BF bought me a tooth-whitening kit to kind of give me a little incentive (very self-conscious about my teeth)... while bleaching, your teeth stain worse and MUCH more easily, so it has helped. I haven't had coffee in two months, the anxiety is gone, and the bleaching is working well :7 BUT I WANT MY COFFEE!!! I say as soon as I get to Italy, the coffee binge is on!!

Oh, and as far as food goes, I am definitely addicted to cheesecake, I could live on it for days

Sara

I'm not sure about "addiction," but I definitely have chocolate cravings, especially at certain times of the month.

There are also some foods that are best I avoid, as I "can't eat just one," and they are simple carbs, like chips (if I buy a bag, I will probably finish it off in a very short time...if only teeny tiny bags of my favorite reduced fat--not "fat free" with that horrid Olestra!---were available, I'd be satisfied with that.

CHOCOLATE!!!! Horribly addicted to it! Wish I could break myself from it, but I can't seem to do it. Then, there is also the chips and dip and pizza........

Linda

peanut butter.... I pretend that it's a good source of protein and that's how I justify eating 4 big spoonfuls at a time.

Also coffee is an addiction in the true sense of the word - I could not even imagine going a day without my cup in the morning.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.