abs

elaineee7

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,

I have been working out at least five times a week for at least two years now. I've seen results in my arms, back, legs and glutes, however, my abs will not budge!!! I'm 54 and have had 2 vertical c-sections. Am I a lost cause? I'm so discouraged. Thanks for any help.

Elaineee

Hi Elainee! Don't be discouraged. How is your diet? Do you eat very clean? If not, that will make a HUGE difference right there. Also, how many times a week do you work abs? What exercises are you doing in our ab work? Do you use resistance when you train your abs? Let me know when you have a chance and I'll see how I can help you further :)

Hi Cathe!

Thank you so much for responding. My diet is mostly clean. I'm watching my cholestorol so I eat seafood once or twice a week, chicken either baked or broiled, oatmeal daily, and protein shakes after I workout. I eat lots of veggies with "spray" margarine and salads with very little fat free dressing. My downfall is pasta once a week with red wine and bread (I know, I know ):-( and chocolate. I limit my chocolate to once a week and then have a piece or two (small pieces like Hersey kisses). My workouts include your Kickmax dvd twice a week, chest and back, and legs and glutes. I also do your Core max twice a week. I don't have a medicine ball, however, I use an eight pound dumbell instead. I really enjoy your dvds and your workouts on Fit TV. I am a teacher so I'm planning to kick my workouts into high gear when school is out. Right now I get up to workout at 4:15 a.m. Even though I'm very motivated...4:15 is awfully early!! I hope your recovery is rapidly progressing. You have been such an inspiration to me. Thank you, so much.

Elaineee

Hi Elaine! Your eating looks fine. Once a week a splurge is not that bad. If you go all out on that splurge though, then just cut back on the portion a bit.

Is Kickmax twice a week the only source of cardio? If so, try to do cardio two other days a week and make them each 45 minute workouts.

I'm sure once you get off the 4:15am schedule (ouchie, wink) you will see improvements too. That is a hard time to give your workouts your all.

Good Luck!

Cathe,

Thank you so much for your help. I will do the additional cardio. I'm hopeful that this will help my "problem area". Who knows...it may even help lower my cholestorol, too! I think since my twins are turning 23 this month, I should stop using them as an excuse! :)

Hope your feeling better!
Elaine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.