? about using STS with a lower body injury

Spring37

Cathlete
Is anyone doing STS with a lower body injury? If so how are you rotating the discs? I twisted my ankle pretty badly about a month ago, and I don't think I am ready to do any weight bearing one legged exercises on it yet. I was thinking of doing the bonus floor work segments instead of the leg discs, until I am fully healed. Not sure how often or where I should add them into the rotation though. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

My lower body injury is my lower back. So I'm still doing the rotation but with modifications on some of the exercises.

For deadlifts I'm doing the ball roll-in option.
For some of the heavier rows I'm doing them either one arm at a time, or supported on a bench.
For squats, I've found that if I use dumbbells and support them on my hips I feel less pressure on my back.
Everything else is @ bodyweight (in my case that's considerable lol)

Since I'm still in the endurance set, the weights on the other exercises are not so much of a problem.

I still have plantar fascitis that flares from time to time so I always use heel insets in my shoes. Gotta love the aging process.. but it's better than the alternative :cool: Good luck

Thanks for the reply :) Sorry to hear you are having injury problems too. It's so frustrating when you want to do something and you can't. I hope you heal soon.

I think I'll try doing the leg workouts, and just use really light weights and modify when needed. I just don't want to slow down the healing process, but I need to do something for my lower body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.