? about STS

jnka825

Cathlete
I am thinking about asking for this for Christmas. I feel that I am ready for the real challenge of pushing myself to the next limit. I just have a few concerns. One, do you need the pull-up tower for it or is there some modification shown? Two, plyo-legs, how often do you do this one in the rotation. Too much high impact makes my knees ache. Three, is this good if I am aiming for increased strength and toning, but not bulking up?

Thanks for the input,

Kristin

1) You don't need the tower, as there is a modification using exercise bands. In addition, you can:
  • purchase a pull up bar that hangs in a doorway
  • do pull ups on something that looks like it will handle the weight (I use the bar that runs across my treadmill)
  • maybe do bent over rows, which is a great exercise and better than nothing
2) Plyo Legs come in once a week in Meso 3. You can do more or less if you like, and you can even skip them entirely. I like to use Plyo Legs once a week, but if I've had a really heavy Leg Day and I'm still sore, then I'll skip it or lower the weights in the workout.

3) How your body will respond is impossible for anyone to guess since we're all so different. Some of the Catheites here put on muscle easily (jerks! :D ), while some of us (okay...me) can go through 6 months of STS and just barely get a bicep going.

The beauty of STS and all of Cathe's workouts is that you can modify them to work for you. If you think you're building up too much during Meso 2, then cut back on the poundage.

If you love weight training, you'll love STS. There is so much variety, and with the changes in reps and poundage, I feel Cathe pushes us beyond what we would normally do on our own. That's where you get results.

Since Laughing Water answered your questions really well I feel no need to elaborate on them...in saying that I just want to say that sts is the best investment fitness wise that I ever made. I have a room full of equipment and I would only use Cathe for cardio and do weights on my own. (since I started with weight with a personal trainer) What I did not realize is that when I stopped using the trainer I only maintained what I had gained...I did not increase my strength or endurance. STS pushed me to a new level that I do not think I would have realized was achievable without it.

I hope this encourages you to get it. If you really want to challenge yourself you will definitely get it. But I want to stress the importance of the one rep max test. I think this make all the difference for me! Without getting some idea of what weight to use prior to starting I do not think I would have had the results I did.

I hope this helped

Rachel

I have a Valor stand for heavy weights in STS (chest press and squats), and I really do need it.

As far as plyo legs go, I have to say that I just dread it every week. I'm repeating STS for the second time and I started Meso 3 last week. I do both the plyo and the squat rack legs because my legs need lots of help, but I much prefer the heavy weights to the plyo.

It's not the impact of the plyo, however, it's the fact that it moves quickly between the weighted and the plyo exercises, and I would just love to hit "pause" and catch my breath!

I had been on the fence about STS, but I'm so glad I got it. I have seen such great results this year!

Hope this helps.

As far as plyo legs go, I have to say that I just dread it every week.

It's not the impact of the plyo, however, it's the fact that it moves quickly between the weighted and the plyo exercises, and I would just love to hit "pause" and catch my breath!
I feel the same way. I force myself to do the workout because I know I need the conditioning, but I ain't happy when it comes up on the calendar.

Oh, and I actually DO hit "pause" at times. Otherwise I'd barf! :eek:

So interesting-- I am one who loves the Plyo Legs segments and I look forward to doing them (I am done with STS at the moment, yet I still do Plyo Legs about once a week!). For me, they do not produce dread or barfability... :eek:

Well, thanks for the input everyone. This is something I think I really want to do. I am hoping Santa will be good this year. ;)

Plyo legs sounds like a killer though, lol.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.