? about Disney

Ann Marie

Cathlete
Hi we are headed to Florida for a family wedding, and I am trying to take the kids to Disney. Looking at 4 nights with three day pass and maybe one day at sea world. Since there are 5 of us, for moderate hotel one that can accommodate us would be the Port Orleans Riverside. Does anyone know if it is nice, convenient .. also about the meal plan and hopper is it worth it? Any suggestions are appreciated. Does anyone know if I can bring snacks, water in to the parks? With three kids they always want something !
Thanks so much. I am trying to do this without going broke. ;-)
Ann Marie

We are a family of Disney geeks. We always stay at Port Orleans, French Quarter. It's right next door Riverside. Our neighbors stay at Riverside and love it. We prefer the smaller resort size of FQ. The lobby is in walking distance from any room. The first thing we do when we arrive is buy a case of water from the lobby and place it in the mini fridge. The parks allow food and drink inside. We always purchase the meal plan for convenience. The Magic Your Way dinning has one sit down meal, one quick service meal and one snack, per day. There are some great buffets at Epcot and Animal Kingdom too. Savings wise, I don't think you save that much money on the meal plan.

If your kids are on the young side and can't do a full day of walking, the park hopper passes may not be worth it. If they're older, and they can spend a full day jumping parks, then it's worth every penny. We sometimes do up to three parks a day. We open them up and shut them down! : )

Our DD is turning 18 and graduating this year. Her only gift request was a family Disney trip. This may be the last year we go. : (

We have stayed at both of the Port Orleans hotels. They are both beautiful. The smaller size of the French quarter is nice but riverside has rooms which can accommodate families of five.

We have often gone off season and taken advantage of the free dining offer. That's a good deal if you can get it.

For such a short visit I wouldn't spend the money on hoppers, you won't have time to see a lot of things so don't waste time changing parks.

We are also Disney geeks and I often help people plan their Disney trips if you have any questions.

I'm going to Disney (Orlando) next Thursay and I've never been! I am so excited about this. Hope everyone has fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.