A VERY random Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb question

BAM

Cathlete
So just a little while ago I accidentally caught on PBS the end of the Pink Floyd UK tour in 2011. OMG!!!! I can't even explain what I'm experiencing from watching and watching it over and over (as I found it on youtube!) I never followed them or got to know any of the band members. Can someone please tell me who the singer is that is actually singing the lyrics, not the initial singer who is more or less speaking the lyrics (but his name would also be appreciated.) Has he (the actual singer) always been with the band? Any history would be appreciated. I also love the way the back up singer harmonizes with him. Does anyone know who she is? This is the most perfect song for me to be listening to tonight for SO many reasons. My insides are going nuts! I am so grateful this came to me now!

Thank you so much for any information! :)

Bam

Enjoy!
Brit Floyd - Comfortably Numb (UK tour 2011) - HD - YouTube
(I just keep going back to the beginning when it becomes only instrumental because I need to continually hear that part!:D)

ETA: Just realized that this is a TRIBUTE band. Just goes to show you my lack of Pink Floyd knowledge, lol. I would still be interested in any info as stated above. Thanks again! My bad!!! :)

Last edited:
Pink Floyd is one of the ultimate bands, there is no comparison to their sound or how they influenced this era of music. Sadly two members of the band have died, but Roger Waters and David Gilmour are still engaged. It was Gilmour who originally wrote and sang Comfortably Numb. Now this new sanctioned band called "Brit Floyd" has been touring in their place mostly in the UK. If you hit the link below you'll see the band members and the women backup singers you mentioned. Beautiful...!

I LOVE Cathe's Total Body Tri-Sets (the Low Impact Series) because it reminds me of Pink Floyd. I know very well from all the comments on this forum and others that music is subject to taste, but this is what I prefer to lift heavy by.

Brit Floyd | The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Tribute Show | The Band

Thank you SO much for the link and great history. I can't stop playing the song......literally. It's very interesting that I usually gravitate towards songs based on the music alone. When I decide to learn all the lyrics, I generally find I can really relate to them. There's such a haunting sound to this song. Do you know if there's a story behind it?

Thanks again!
Bam

There has to be a story behind it, I wish I knew. I was just listening to the original, had to pull it out again...but that new band Brit Floyd is unbelievably good.

Aren't they? Even though I am a PF novice, you could have convinced me (uh, actually I convinced myself :D) that they were the real deal. I think they're coming to my area next year based on what PBS said but their web page doesn't show it. I think I'm going to HAVE to see them!

Bam

Eek - now I really feel old - never thought I would see "Pink Floyd" and "PBS" in the same sentence :p

I remember watching "The Wall" in the theater in the early 80's - ah, those were the days :D:D ....

I used to know a lot about them but I forget b/c I was too stoned. :D

Seriously though, you should rent the movie The Wall if you really want the true flavor of Floyd.

Eek - now I really feel old - never thought I would see "Pink Floyd" and "PBS" in the same sentence :p

I remember watching "The Wall" in the theater in the early 80's - ah, those were the days :D:D ....

LOL! Boy, did I LOVE the 80's. That was just the best time. If I knew then what I know now, man, I would have had a heck of a lot more fun! I certainly had my share but I would have shed more of my skin. ;)

Bam

I used to know a lot about them but I forget b/c I was too stoned. :D

Seriously though, you should rent the movie The Wall if you really want the true flavor of Floyd.

Bwahahahahaha! OK. I'll let you off the hook. :D I will check out their movie. It's funny that it took a cover band to get me interested in the original band. (Or is it truly the cover band I'm interested in?) Yep, I'm a bit backwards! :)

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.