A reminder for cat owners

horseshowmom

Cathlete
I was just reading the wonderful thread about the new kitty barn!!! Yeah! :D
Anyway, a comment made about cat color rang a bell. The newest member of our feline family is a black cat we adopted shorty before last Halloween.
I don't know if the horrible black cat stories I've heard over the years are just urban legends or not. I choose to hope they are (and PLEASE don't share any gruesome stories to convince me otherwise:()
Ok, the point is ~ I am going to be keeping my open door to the outside closed for the next few nights. Halloween is approaching and I just think it's smart to keep the kitties close!!!!

Becky

Most Excellent point Becky!! We don't have a kitty but I would hate to think that some innocent cat was harmed due to it's color!

Happy Halloween!

I won't repeat what I've heard but no, they are not urban legands. The shelters around here won't even adopt out black cats during October.

I have two black kitties and I will be keeping a close eye on them this weekend. They are inside kitties but I'm still paranoid.

Animal abuse stories bring out such rage in me :mad::mad::mad: that I can't listen to or read about them. It's insane rage, it scares me that I can get so angry.
My little black cat Mickey is my little buddy. Poor little guy has gotten his butt whipped a few times by my two little gals Puddin & Lulu, I feel so sorry for him sometimes. If anything ever happened to one of them, I don't know what I'd do...
Yes, please do keep your kitties inside safe and sound this Hallowe'en, especially your black kitties.

Animal abuse stories bring out such rage in me :mad::mad::mad: that I can't listen to or read about them. It's insane rage, it scares me that I can get so angry.

Like shaking, furious rage? Like your adrenaline rises just hearing the name "Michael Vick"? Me, too. :mad:

Yes, please watch them. People are awful sometimes. When we got Merlin it was springtime, and the shelter told us that people rarely adopt the black kitties except towards Halloween. Terrible.

Shaking my head,
Nan

Black kitties get such a raw deal -- I've heard that they're the last to get adopted and that's so sad...:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.