A New Way To Watch Cathe Live!

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apple just approved our new iOS Cathe Live app and it is now available in the Apple App Store. We will have more details tomorrow, but want to give those of you who might want to use it for tomorrows Cathe Live broadcast a heads up. Let's us know what you think and how the new app works during a live broadcast. We will have more details tomorrow!

Apple just approved our new iOS Cathe Live app and it is now available in the Apple App Store. We will have more details tomorrow, but want to give those of you who might want to use it for tomorrows Cathe Live broadcast a heads up. Let's us know what you think and how the new app works during a live broadcast. We will have more details tomorrow!
So happy!

Great news, but how do you choose low quality? I don't see a selection choice for it, and I need to use the lower
Quality so I don't have freezing, etc. in the settings, there isn't a choice like in on demand. Thanks.

Also, I can't get any of the older ones to play, just the newer ones and they say high quality?

Last edited:
The Cathe Live App uses adaptive technology which means it will detect the best quality stream your player is capable of receiving. What is your download speed?

Does this mean I no longer need to stream from my iPad to my Apple TV? If so, how do I download the app to my Apple TV??

Hi NijaMom, We haven't released out tvOS app yet, but you can use airplay and stream to your Apple TV from your iPad.

Thanks! I already use my iPad to airplay on the Apple TV but it drags on my WIFI and I get interrupted streaming at times. I contacted Apple and my 3rd generation Apple TV software won't allow downloading the TV app when it does come available :(

Thanks! I already use my iPad to airplay on the Apple TV but it drags on my WIFI and I get interrupted streaming at times. I contacted Apple and my 3rd generation Apple TV software won't allow downloading the TV app when it does come available :(
Yep, you need Aplle TV 4+ to use any tvOS app. Your only choice would be to upgrade your wifi and continue to use Airplay or get a cable to hook to your Tv or purchase Apple TV 4+.

I downloaded the app to my iPad but it isn't working. Every time I click on it, the black cathe live screen pops up for a second then back to the iPad home screen. Any suggestions?

Are you clicking on the recorded videos or the live broadcast? If your clicking on the recorded videos which one did you select?

Are you clicking on the recorded videos or the live broadcast? If your clicking on the recorded videos which one did you select?

I'm clicking on the app icon on my iPad home screen. It opens the black screen that says Cathe Live for a second or two then goes right back to the iPad home screen. I get dropped out of the app right away so I can't view any of the recorded workouts. I have the newest version of the IOS software.

Hi NijaMom, I would suggest first killing the open Cathe Live app by swiping it off the screen. Then totally power down your iPad and then restart your iPad and see what happens. If you still have the same issue I would delete the app and re-download it. Let us know if this helps. Also, what model of an iPad are you using?

This is even better than I expected! Love the favorites feature (yay!), and that you can see the equipment and description by tapping on the workout. (I would love to see these features added to the website version, but I'll take what I can get! ;)) Thanks!!!

My download speed is SLOW, that being said, I have no problem playing my workout blender videos and on demand videos on low quality choice. Also, Cathe Live plays perfect on low quality, but within the Cathe Live app,
Except for the last few workouts, none will play, get message sorry, error occurred, try again. The last few that
Will start up, say high quality, so I don't believe technology is kicking in. This is on iPad with IOS10. I put
The app on another iPad that has IOS 9 and it crashes like described above. App opens then goes back to home
Screen.

Hi NijaMom, I would suggest first killing the open Cathe Live app by swiping it off the screen. Then totally power down your iPad and then restart your iPad and see what happens. If you still have the same issue I would delete the app and re-download it. Let us know if this helps. Also, what model of an iPad are you using?

I have a 4th generation iPad running IOS 10.3.2 I deleted the app, completely shut down the iPad & restarted, re-downloaded the app and it still crashes. It opens for a second to the cathe live screen then goes back to the iPad home screen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.