A lot offended

NRGWoman

Cathlete
Hi all,

I also had someone make a comment to me last week, but I have the opposite problem, I am quite big. I am likely the largest member of this community, but I am strong and healthy and fine with it.

My sad story is this...I have been quite sick for about 2 months and finally had surgery to correct the problem last week. I was talking to a person whom I don't know very well, but knew I have been sick. I told them that I finally and my surgery and they assumed I had had gastric bypass :eek: Are you kidding me? They just assumed that because I am big I would want gastric bypass to be smaller. It has been nagging at me all weekend. I know I am healthy and strong, but still am not acceptable because of my size.

Isn't it funny that people feel the need to comment to us/about us if we don't fit their very, very narrow definition of how we should look/be?

Shayne

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have a lot of insensitive stories like that, and they just don't get erased from your brain. The sting goes away though, with time. People are stupid sometimes. If you really love yourself and feel good, screw everyone else.x(

Sally

I am sorry to hear that as well. The way people judge other people and make assumptions just makes me really sad.

I'm really sorry that you were treated that way. As I said in all the other threads, it is rude, insensitive and innappropriate to make comments regarding another person's weight, regardless of their size.

I hate hearing that people have to endure others' thoughtless comments. It just seems like common sense to me. You just don't do it and ESPECIALLY if you don't know the other person really well. I mean, DUH?x(

OMG, that's horrible! I am so sorry that people are so ignorant. I hope that you are recovering quickly from your surgery and that you feel much better than before.

Shayne, I'm sorry to hear that someone said that to you. How stupid. People can really be humongous rude idiots sometimes.
1.gif

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
7.gif

Hi Shayne,
(((((((HUGS)))))) to you and a double cyberslap to whoever the total CLOD was who made that unbelievably, downright stupid comment! I'm glad you're proud of your achievements in strength, health and fitness. You should be! I hope you are feeling better after your surgery and I'm sorry to hear that you've been so ill. Please forget that ignorant comment and focus on getting better from your surgery. Take care.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

That's just TERRIBLE! I'm so sorry you had to hear that! People can be so thoughtless can't they? Just keep reminding yourself that YOU are happy with who YOU are. Forget everyone else. You're probably fitter than that person is anyway!

Carolyn

That was far from nice either! Im sorry you had to go through that! What an idiot? Just to assume thats the surgery you had done!?

Lori:)

Hi Shayne,
I am really sorry to hear that. People can be so crude. I have gotten comments like that too, except at my biggest, the thing they would say is, "When are you due?" I feel what your saying. Please, don't let it get to you. I know you've probaly heard that before, but try, ok??? I know it's hard. Sometimes I would let things like my very cruel MIL's remarks get to me days on end, I couldn't sleep and would fall into binges. I'd punish myself for her ignorance. But no more. I just take several deep breaths and poof {she goes away:*}, well I can dream can't I :p?

Take it easy and focus on healing. What kind of surgery did you have? I have two wonderful {sarcasm} surgeries to look forward to. Hysterectey/bladder, and back fusions. I am however looking forward to the bladder one, so I can do some of Cathe's more active "jumping" moves w/o an embarrassing moment:* Let us know how you are doing. Take care.

Carrie

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/bee01/lb/215/145/185/.png

Thank you all for your very kind words. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes grateful for your acceptance and kind thoughts.

I am doing very well after my surgery and every day is a little better than the previous day. I am hoping to be relatively well by next week. I just got my UPS notification that my new videos will be here Friday :) I don't think I am up to them yet, but I can preview them and daydream of the day I am working out with Cathe again :7

Shayne, bless your heart! I'm very sorry that you had to endure that. Sometimes I just really don't know what gets into people that they feel they have the right to make such unbelievably rude and ignorant remarks.

I totally 100% understand how you feel, as I'm not exactly on the tinier side myself, and I endure comments ("Are you pregnant? When are you due? Should you be eating that? I thought you were trying to lose weight? Don't you know how many fat grams are in that?") from people in my family and my coworkers, so I go through what you're feeling quite frequently.

It sucks!! But remember that there are people on this forum who care a great deal for you and understand your struggles, because we're all dealing with them, too.

Plus, we know that ANYONE who does Cathe on a regular basis is head and shoulders above 80% of the population in fitness and health, regardless of the fact that we may not all look like fitness models. There are no slobs among the Catheites!! :)

Tons of (((HUUUGS))) to you... hoping that will help you forget that crappy person and that hideous comment.

:)

MC

I feel like I totally understand how you feel! Because I still have some weight to lose, I'm sure many people assume that I don't work out or take good care of myself. Recently at work there was a young, thin girl complaining about having to run to class because she was late. Everyone was like, oh you should be able to run, look at you! I was amazed that everyone just assumed that. I know I could out-run her, but they would never guess that in a million years. How stupid! Sometimes people are so maddening!

There's a wonderful blog that I just found that does a great job discussing this issue. You may want to check it out! http://kateharding.net/

Amy

For the life of me, I cannot understand why people say such things! I can give a ton of examples, too. When I was pregnant with dd #2, we were renovating our house. Went in to do some clean up work in one area, carpenter was working in another (with an assistant). Told me I was gaining too much weight too quick and gave me a lecture that I needed to watch my weight while pregnant!x( My poor brother had to endure all sorts of crap because they had kids later in life (why aren't you having kids etc) It's like no one has any common manners anymore! :-( Even my mom! I remember a few years ago going to her regular grocery store. Walked in and mom says "Hi so and so how are you? you got your haircut?!" She says "Yes I wanted to try it shorter for a change" My mom "I liked it better before" What the heck! Ugh I was so embarrassed

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.