A Little Less Conversation...

amy_b

Cathlete
Have you been hearing this song a lot? I keep hearing it everywhere! At Downtown Disney, at my kids school carnival, at the mall...I can't hear it and NOT do my knee repeater, tap back, power scissors!!! :eek:)
(If you don't know what I'm talking about it, Cathe selected a re-made Elvis dance track for one of her videos, Im thinking it is Cardio and Weights and the song has gotten popular, it seems.)

Yep, it's C&W. Actually I liked that song so much after doing C&W the first time I purchased several of King Junior's songs from iTunes. They're all very good.

Amy,

This song came out on radio before CW was made. It played around here quite a lot, and I loved it. I was thrilled to find it on the Intensity Series!! Cathe even comments on it during the ME glute raises, when it's playing.

My understanding is that this was an old Elvis song, remixed for a Nike soccer commercial. The commercial became so popular, the song was released on its own.

It hasn't played here on radio stations in about 3 years - I wish it would come back!

I'm a bit confused about your knee repeater, tap back, power scissors statement. There isn't a power scissor in CW (thank heavens!).

Cheers,
Sandra

It's actually the theme song for NBC's Las Vegas so I heard it every Monday night at 9:00! I LOVE that song and always got in my own little "interval" workout while it was playing!:D
Mattea

It's also on Shark Tale which I have the pleasure of watching at least twice a week thanks to my little boys. Imagine my surprise at hearing on there.

"There isn't a power scissor in CW (thank heavens!). " Yes there is! In that third cardio segment, you know, over the board three times, hop back, power scissor and then cha cha on the corner and leg extension, etc, etc.

is it coming back to you now?

Clare

DOH!!!! x( Yes, you're right! How could I forget that? I've done that workout so many times I swear I could teach it, and that particular bit is one of my favourite choreographies. My bad.

Sandra

So it has been everywhere, huh? As you can tell, I don't get out much and I don't watch tv! :p I did know it as an Elvis tune, though! :D

Amy---funny you should mention that, not long after I did C&W the last time, I went to the grocery and it was playing in the store. I hadn't heard it ANYWHERE but on C&W since the 60's!!

Just to let you know this was released by a XLS in the UK (I think I can't remember the name I have the cd at home) a few years ago it got to number one here in the charts but was pulled by the record company after a few weeks but I am not sure if it came out in the states.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.