A "good" blow dryer?

I received an email a few hours ago the Solano I ordered is back ordered. They offered to upgrade me to an FHI that could ship faster. Was a bit hesitant since I researched this to "DEATH" and it was not a brand I'd looked into. It was an upgrade plus it came with a diffuser, which I kind of wanted, so did it. Let you know what happens. So far though I'm impressed with the sight! Leave it to Cathe to point us in the right direction :)

Jen

This is killing me!!!!! I have a new haircut that requires blowdrying, and my hair HATES to be blowdryed. I had no idea that there were dryers that could make such a difference.

Please, please, post your reviews when you get your new appliances. I'll have to wait until August (birthday) to get one, but I really want to know which ones you got and how they worked for you.

Mine just came today. Missiko upgraded me (for free) because the one I ordered was backordered. It was a Solano now it's a FHI. I'll let you know. Assuming it will take a couple uses to know. My hair has always required a dryer!

Jen

I've been thinking about spending $$ on a better blow dryer. Mine have always been Target purchases but have read more expensive ones are worth it. Any thoughts or suggestions? I've looked ar a Rusk and Babybliss - both around $80. Worth it or no?

I just got the BaByliss hooded dryer that comes on a stand...would recommend it to those with curly hair like me. I use the medium setting and it feels gentle/not too hot. The plastic controls seem a little flimsy but for $80 and the type of dryer I think it is a deal.

Still waiting...ordered the HanaAir on 1/9, and just received a shipping notice this evening. Delivery is targeted for Monday, 1/21.

So this thread started me thinking....After wearing my hair shoulder length and permed for years I quit perming and started wearng it straight about 4 years ago. Never quite understood why, when my hairdresser blow dried my hair it looked so good..softer, shiny, no frizz or fly aways, but I thought it was the hair products or just me not knowing how to blow dry my hair well. So thanks jcm! I looked into Solano's and read some great reviews at Amazon.com. I bought a Super SolanoX at SallyBeauty.com. Used it for the 1st time yesterday and WOW!!! What a huge differnce in my hair compared to the cheaper Target dryers I always had used. Soft, shiny and no more fly aways. Now I know a good blow dryer makes a huge difference....When I asked my hairdresser what kind of blow dryer she used on her clients....oh...a Solano!!

So this thread started me thinking....After wearing my hair shoulder length and permed for years I quit perming and started wearng it straight about 4 years ago. Never quite understood why, when my hairdresser blow dried my hair it looked so good..softer, shiny, no frizz or fly aways, but I thought it was the hair products or just me not knowing how to blow dry my hair well. So thanks jcm! I looked into Solano's and read some great reviews at Amazon.com. I bought a Super SolanoX at SallyBeauty.com. Used it for the 1st time yesterday and WOW!!! What a huge differnce in my hair compared to the cheaper Target dryers I always had used. Soft, shiny and no more fly aways. Now I know a good blow dryer makes a huge difference....When I asked my hairdresser what kind of blow dryer she used on her clients....oh...a Solano!!

That is exactly what I thought. I was wondering what hair product the stylist used, because when she blow dried it, it was so soft with no frizz. The first time I washed and dried my hair myself after my cut, it was a disaster--frizzy and sticking up everywhere. I was totally clueless. I can't wait until I can get a new drier. Thank you for posting.

I've used my FHI twice and now I really like it! Obviously I'll need to use it more, experiment and get used to it, but ... my hair seems really really smooth and shiny. The Solano was what I originally was going to get but it got switched - with my permission. My ONLY hesitation is it's powerful (2000 watts I think) and just want to make sure I can control it and it's not too much for my find hair.

Jen

Thanks to whoever ordered with the $25 rebate!!!! I just got an email saying my rebate is being processed. Sweet!!!!!

The reviews said that shipping was super quick, so I'm going crazy waiting for it to arrive -hopefully soon. I've never been excited about a hair dryer - feel sort of silly. :)

Hi mspina,

I am the culprit! I am glad the rebate worked. I clicked through using your link, but there was no indication that it actually worked. It turns out that we both don't get $25, only you (the original purchaser). However, here is my own link (valid until 01/12/13 at 9pm) in case someone else is interested in ordering. http://curebit.com/x/SuPKZ

I, too, read a bunch of reviews on a variety of sites and decided to make the investment. The site is running a sale with online codes (I used $30 off a $200 purchase). We will have to compare notes once we receive our dryers.

Jenny - good luck with your decision!

Michelle

Please review these hair dryers, mine just died and I'm very curious. I have long, straight hair and I'm wondering if its going to be too powerful and will just tangle my hair up all in knots. Talk about getting all stuck and reviewing this too death, I'm exhausted like from XTrain. Geez...

I made myself crazy researching! Then the one I had finally decided on (Solano that ran about $150) was back-ordered and they offered to swap it for a $240 one at no additional charge. I do think Misikko has great service!

Oh I'm so glad you love your Solano...I can't say enough about mine for the same reasons! Oh, and anybody on the fence, you can get an unbelievable deal at Follica right now....$40 off if you "recycle" another blow dryer. at one point you could get Solano the Original (seriously awesome) for $59 if you used the rebate. This is a reputable website if you've never heard of it...I learned about it from a group of hair obsessed women.

Dying for reviews of the HannaAir. :)

I think I've wasted more time on this then I care to admit :confused: . So I pushed the button for the SuperSolano Original at Folica.com, they are having a 20% off sale right now.

The original price was $149 and this is shipping free for $79. Not bad, considering I was ready to buy the $196 HanaAir. What made me think over the Hana purchase, is I couldn't find any objective reviews, and I Googled it to death. Misikko is the only authorized dealer of this beautiful dryer. The only reviews I found were from Bloggers who were given the product for free to review and on the Misikko site (which were all positive, and I'm sort of wary of that.

Currently I have a professional dryer with Ionic capabilities and I have always kept the ionic switch off. It makes my hair too soft and considering I don't flat iron it and its dead straight and fine to begin with, ions only weigh my hair down. The Hana doesn't have a switch to turn that off. The Sedu does (3600i, 4000i and 6000i) but after reading a ton of reviews for that one, the 3600i was recommended for me because of air flow (I have long hair) and its prone to knotting. Omg...I'm so exhausted with this... And the 3600i doesn't have a dedicated cold setting, only cold shot. The newer 6000i has a dedicated cold shot button that stays put, so thats a good alternative and that was the one I was going to get, but again, why pay for the ion feature if I wasn't going to use it? Plus it wasn't on sale, so $160 verus $80....uh-huh...

SuperSolano Original has been around for a long time and that model fits the bill it seems for my hair type. I wish I could have waited longer for the reviews on the HanaAir, but the ion was the reason I walked away from it. But I still want to read your reviews on it . :) I do know that Folica has a good return policy and they were very helpful on line.

Last edited:
HANAair Review

Ok, mine FINALLY came yesterday!!!!!!! It was packaged incredibly beautifully - I'll attach some pics - with a ton of cute little freebies. Adorable. You can tell the dryer is salon quality - less "plasticy" feeling than what you typically get at Target. It's sturdy without being heavy, and the cord is incredible. Super industrial and long (but very soft and bendy, so it doesn't get in a way and moves effortlessly). I didn't find it heavy or hard to handle at all.

Today was my first day using it - WHOA! Incredibly powerful, and WICKED hot. My hair dried REALLY fast, is incredibly straight, and very shiny. Definitely a thumbs up and a huge step up from my Conair. As I use it more and more and get used to how to handle it, I'm sure I'll love it even more.

I can absolutely imagine that if you have a lot of hair or it's coarse, this would be AMAZING.

Attachments

• 774599_10200423150566450_1318810646_o.jpg
    774599_10200423150566450_1318810646_o.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 775693_10200423150806456_339448418_o.jpg
    775693_10200423150806456_339448418_o.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 47
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad you are enjoying your hairdryers. They are the BOMB DIGGITY of hair dryers and once you experience them, you will never go back to a regular blow dryer again.

I have only wonderful things to say about the hairdryers.....my only teeny tiny complaint is about how long it takes to get them in the mail and the fact that they ALWAYS seem to be out of stock or back ordered (at least this was the case with all three of my orders and I now see that you had the same experience too). I waited almost three weeks for my blowdryer, and that was after they also told me it was back ordered and offered a free upgrade to expedite things. Strange how they always say that and offer an upgraded hairdryer that is anywhere from $75 to $100 dollars more expensive for free. I find that odd but at least it is in our favor. But when all is said and done, and I finally have the blowdryer in my hand, all is forgotten :)

Enjoy your blow dryers!

I have only wonderful things to say about the hairdryers.....my only teeny tiny complaint is about how long it takes to get them in the mail and the fact that they ALWAYS seem to be out of stock or back ordered (at least this was the case with all three of my orders and I now see that you had the same experience too). I waited almost three weeks for my blowdryer, and that was after they also told me it was back ordered and offered a free upgrade to expedite things. Strange how they always say that and offer an upgraded hairdryer that is anywhere from $75 to $100 dollars more expensive for free. I find that odd but at least it is in our favor. But when all is said and done, and I finally have the blowdryer in my hand, all is forgotten :)

Enjoy your blow dryers!

Ok, mine FINALLY came yesterday!!!!!!! It was packaged incredibly beautifully - I'll attach some pics - with a ton of cute little freebies. Adorable. You can tell the dryer is salon quality - less "plasticy" feeling than what you typically get at Target. It's sturdy without being heavy, and the cord is incredible. Super industrial and long (but very soft and bendy, so it doesn't get in a way and moves effortlessly). I didn't find it heavy or hard to handle at all.

Cathe, I'm somewhat bummed for having zero patience, but when I called they also said they were backordered and I didn't want to wait. I was looking at the curling irons too, but they weren't in stock.

mspina, Thanks for posting up the pictures, I bet you had fun opening that package up :D. If I'm not happy with mine, I'll be looking at that Hana again.

Darn all of you enablers, lol!! If Cathe is endorsing this hair dryer, it must be really special. I think I may treat myself to a Hana tomorrow. :) I thought my Hot Tools dryer was decent, but if the Hana is as great as everyone seems to think, I would like to try it. Thanks Cathe, for the info, and thanks Michelle, for sharing photos of your package! Awesome! :D

Oh I'm so glad you love your Solano...I can't say enough about mine for the same reasons! Oh, and anybody on the fence, you can get an unbelievable deal at Follica right now....$40 off if you "recycle" another blow dryer. at one point you could get Solano the Original (seriously awesome) for $59 if you used the rebate. This is a reputable website if you've never heard of it...I learned about it from a group of hair obsessed women.

Does the "Solano the Original" still leave your hair soft with less frizz?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.