A couple of tips:

xschwarz

Cathlete
Hotels: just as an FYI, I stayed in the Residence Inn which is slightly more expensive but the "rooms" are huge studio suites with full kitchens. Therefore you can buy lots of snacks and beverages and store/prepare them with ease.

Bring a towel and the mini shampoos/conditioners from the hotel to the gym with you, believe me, it is really refreshing to shower between classes. Bring a plastic bag to stuff your soaking outfits.

It takes about 40 minutes to make a roundtrip from Cathe's gym, back to the hotel for a quick shower, and return. (I made the trip on Sat. morning after class and before lunch).

If you want to get a front row spot for the big classes, plan to leave the hotels in advance of the shuttle buses. For our RT people placed thier bags to mark their steps (already set up before hand) or spots in class.

I found a wonderful store called "Hops and Grapes" that sells unbelievable wine and super cheese. It's in the plaza after Cathe's gym, on the right, heading back towards the hotels (North bound).

Oddly enough, I never saw a super market along the 8 mile stretch from the hotels to Cathe's gym.

I had a great/cheap eggwhite omelet, bottomless cup of coffe at the "Freeway Diner" across from the hotels. I had this breakfast before saturday's grueling schedule because I wanted a nice protein breakfast. The diner is open at 5am. I highly recommend this if you nedd a little more substantial breakfast than the hotel offerings or if you are up early at 5am, like me!!!

You can plan on a late night glass of wine at the "Uno's" adjacent to the hotels. Good, Cheers style bar.

Finally, I don't know if you can expect the same, but although it says that the reception/registration begins at 4pm on Friday...DON'T STRESS ABOUT ARRIVING ON TIME! The introductions did not begin until 6pm so there was a lot of time for mingling and registering while waiting for formal intros.

HTH!

X

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips!!

I am actually driving down to NJ and was planning on still using the bus to go back and forth, but now I think I might just use my car...

Code:
Oddly enough, I never saw a super market along the 8 mile stretch from the hotels to Cathe's gym.
Just FYI for your next time or for August Roadtrippers, there's a Shop Rite supermarket just across the street from the Hops and Grapes store you mentioned, and an Acme Market in the plaza on the other side of Rt. 47 from the wine store. Also, Wawa Markets (just past Five Points on way back to hotel) are always great for quick snacks or grabbing a cup of coffee. HTH

I just wanted to add that I brought a water bottle of my own and filled it with ice from the hotel and then to Cathe's gym. I then filled it with the water that was offered at the gym. There was ample water provided, but it was warm....

Driving or riding the bus

The bus transportation is great, but if you are driving, that is even better. Especially on the Friday and Saturday night events. I was a bus rider and didn't really want to stay out too late (especially the Saturday night event). Luckily, Sheila, a WONDERFUL fellow roadtripper, took me back a little early on Saturday (she had a car). I was so appreciative, because I was SO, SO tired from all the workouts, and I knew I would have another grueling workout the next morning, so I wanted to get to bed early!

It's nice to have your own transportation, but Cathe and her staff provided EXCELLENT transportation. The bus drivers were so nice and courteous! Everything was wonderful!!

Julie

Great tips Xschwarz!

I agree wholeheartedly with the last one: Cathe and crew are introduced around 6pm. SO DON'T STRESS, like I did, about getting to the gym on time (4pm)...the meet and greet is accompanied by dinner-a nice buffet. The food will not run out. I wish I had settled into my hotel before dropping my bags and flying out to the gym for the meet and greet. It was nice, but I didn't have to get there at the strike of 4pm. lol

Especially on the Friday and Saturday night events. I was a bus rider and didn't really want to stay out too late (especially the Saturday night event).

Exactly! I was completely gased from travel, emotional excitement and a long reception that I left before the pajama party on Friday night. As I was leaving the gym I picked up 2 other RTers who were also tired and we ended up being RT buddies for the rest of the weekend!

X

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.