A countdown clock & other info on the screen

seeking_guns

Cathlete
I would love it if, on future workouts, Cathe could add a small countdown and/or rep clock on the screen (P90X-style) that would let us know how many seconds or reps remain for the current exercise as well as how many minutes remain in the w/out overall. I also like how in the X the upcoming exercise is briefly flashed across the bottom of the screen, so you know what's coming. That would be helpful along with maybe what # weights each person is using.

~Cathy :)

Good idea Cathy. I did Slim & Lean the other day and I liked how the number of reps were listed before she started them. I felt like this way, I could better gauge my weights before starting. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I like the countdown idea and rep # warning as well.

Carolyn

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I specifically cover up my timer on my DVD player and don't have any clocks in the room because I don't want to know how much longer I have. Yes, by now I pretty much have Cathe's workouts memorized, but there's something about knowing how long I have been going or how long I have left that I don't like. I think clock watching makes the time go by slower. I also cover up the time on any exercise equipment (treadmill, elliptical, etc.) and only take my watch out running when I am training for a marathon or half-marathon.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Maybe there could be an option to have a counter or not.

Lorie

It is not possible to add a countdown clock because our DVDs contain premixes. Though the clock in a normal program would be fine, it would not be correct for the premix. Likewise you a can't flash the screen with what the next exercise is because it will be different for the premixes.

Hey,
I respect that it's not for everybody. :) Certainly you can't please 'em all one way or another. But I like the idea of having the counter or clock as an option on the full workout - like you can choose music on or off. If it were technically possible and not too complicated to do, I hope SNM would consider it. If not, it's cool, too. Was just a thought.

~Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.