A complete Low Impact series please please please

Another vote from me on a low-impact series. Especially if it was high intensity, low impact. I have the start to bad knees and have to wear a knee strap during my workouts to prevent that twinge afterward (and sometimes during).

A Low Impact HIIT style workout would be the best!

Gotta keep that heart rate up to burn fat!!:eek:

Count me in! After previewing all of the Shock Cardio I knew there was no way my ankles could take all the high jumps so I didn't order. I loved Low Impact Circuit and Low Max. My heart rate monitor also confirms it gets my heart rate up as good if not better than some of the high impact stuff. The high step is also a great tool to use to get a low impact high intesity workout. I ordered the 36 STS DVD set, a low impact cardio would be a great companion for it! I would order in a heartbeat. Keep up the great work Cathe and crew!

Another vote

Yes, yes, yes! A high-intensity, low-impact series from the great Cathe? T'would be a dream come true!

Low Impact w/o

I would also love, love, love more low impact workouts. I'm closing in on 60yrs and though I feel about 45 my body reminds me that I'm not. I've tried doing some of the workouts without a step, but it's not the same. Maybe you can get together with your sister and do a more dancy routine?? Just a suggestion, take or leave it. lol.

I too would preorder a high-intensity, low-impact series. My knees (never a problem during many years of running and floor aerobics) cannot tolerate the plyo jacks, tuck jumps, and other high-impact drills in IMAX and other programs but otherwise I love the programs and struggle mightily to modify them. Low Max is my favorite Cathe program, and I just recommended it to a friend who is a long-time Firm afficionado and seeking something challenging but doable after recovery from foot surgery. That's another two of us in what appears to be a huge market of aging baby boomers with a need for advanced workouts that protect the joints. If you create it, we will buy it (in droves)!

A bit sad that Cathe's new set doesn't include a dedicated low impact series of cardio workouts, but I know she can't please everyone. :(

I was really anticipating the new workouts to be a series of low impact, high intensity cardio. Especially after seeing so many posts for such a series. I was so disappointed. When these come out I will not have every Cathe DVD and this is the first presale I won't participate in. I will not be ordering these. I just can't seem to get excited about these and don't want to spend my dollars on something I'm not looking forward to. I am sure they will be wonderful like all her workouts are. They are just not what I need right now. I need low impact cardio. I will just continue to hope for a low impact, high intensity series, and modify what I have. I enjoy all Cathe workouts, I just don't enjoy always having to modify on my own. Maybe someday, right? Such is Life I guess!
Colleen

I'm not disappointed at all with the choices of workouts picked. They look awesome!

This series, (Complete Low Impact Series) will come in it's own time and when it does, I'll be ready for it!

Janie

Last edited:
I'm with Janie, I am looking forward to the new dvds and especially interested in seeing the modifications, at the same time, looking forward for when the time for a fully devoted low impact series comes along!

I was really anticipating the new workouts to be a series of low impact, high intensity cardio. Especially after seeing so many posts for such a series. I was so disappointed. When these come out I will not have every Cathe DVD and this is the first presale I won't participate in. I will not be ordering these. I just can't seem to get excited about these and don't want to spend my dollars on something I'm not looking forward to. I am sure they will be wonderful like all her workouts are. They are just not what I need right now. I need low impact cardio. I will just continue to hope for a low impact, high intensity series, and modify what I have. I enjoy all Cathe workouts, I just don't enjoy always having to modify on my own. Maybe someday, right? Such is Life I guess!
Colleen

Totally agree with you feebee. I'm also curious as to how Cathe decides what types of workouts to do in any forthcoming dvd's since there don't seem to be too many requests for the ones she's doing on these forums - kinda feel that this "suggestions" thread is a bit of a waste of space since this particular thread I started has attracted such a huge response yet the next workouts are more of the same type of workouts Cathe has done already. I've got a ton of Cathe's workouts but really, how many more strength, lower body and high impact workouts do we need? Nobody has ever done a complete advanced low impact cardio series of workouts, and there are no low impact HiiT and bootcamp style non-step workouts on the market at all. I won't be buying the new workouts either, even though there is going to be a low impact "add on" on Intensity. Won't be paying just for an "add on".

Last edited:
I posted quite a while ago in this thread and since that time have come to realize that low impact is a step away from no impact, and if you're only doing complete low impact you're probably not going to be able to do any higher impact after a while, and if you're not doing low impact you won't be able to do any impact at all after a while.

I like the idea of having STS total body without having to plunk down for the entire set (or commit the time), not yet anyway, people have asked for high reps (the pyramids on TV hooked me right from the start), and you're always going to want a lower body, the body weakens as we age from the bottom up, or as Rod Stewart would say "Strong Legs will get you through" that's what his dad told him, I think he said. As for the Intensity one? don't know about what kind of workout that will be, but since I've started last year I've incorporated more impact, not less, more intensity, not less, & more weight, not less. I started at 0 impact, 0 intensity, 0 weight, 0 workouts, don't really want to go there again.

Just something to consider....:)
That's why I'm going for it.
Linda

Just one more thought, I'm nearing the half century mark, and when I'm a "senior" I don't want to be doing the line dance at the mall, no offense Mall Ladies, but.....I want to be doing "Shuffle Board" Cathe style!

:D:D:D

Low Impact would be fantastic! I have everything Cathe's ever done, and I would really appreciate a series like this! I'm also approaching fifty, and still want to workout with Cathe!

I would love a CTX series of low impact cardio with upper body and a leaner legs like P-57 or Squeeze.

Totally agree with you feebee. I'm also curious as to how Cathe decides what types of workouts to do in any forthcoming dvd's since there don't seem to be too many requests for the ones she's doing on these forums - kinda feel that this "suggestions" thread is a bit of a waste of space since this particular thread I started has attracted such a huge response yet the next workouts are more of the same type of workouts Cathe has done already. I've got a ton of Cathe's workouts but really, how many more strength, lower body and high impact workouts do we need? Nobody has ever done a complete advanced low impact cardio series of workouts, and there are no low impact HiiT and bootcamp style non-step workouts on the market at all. I won't be buying the new workouts either, even though there is going to be a low impact "add on" on Intensity. Won't be paying just for an "add on".

I completely agree with this poster. Thought I was the only one refusing to subscribe to more workouts just like the ones that have already been produced by SNM. I have not seen much on the photos published so far to make me change my mind either. Oh well.

Low impact, as a recent poster has implied, does not mean we are one step away from a wheelchair. My low impact treadmill powerwalking sessions are no walk in the park and keep me fitter than anyone else I know. Walking at 5.8 mph or at 15% inclines anyone?

Clare

There are so many ways to add intensity without all the jumping (impact). That was my main complaint with SC. All the intensity seemed to come from jumping, and if you modified, there was not adequate intensity.

That said, Cathe is the BEST, at high intensity low impact. Just look at Low Impact Circuit and Low Max. I do so wish one of the new ones was another version of these excellent DVDs. There's no "wheel chair" with these workouts -- just really great cardio without the joint destroying impact.

Please, please, please give us another masterpiece like the two I mentioned above. Thanks.

I posted quite a while ago in this thread and since that time have come to realize that low impact is a step away from no impact, and if you're only doing complete low impact you're probably not going to be able to do any higher impact after a while, and if you're not doing low impact you won't be able to do any impact at all after a while.

I like the idea of having STS total body without having to plunk down for the entire set (or commit the time), not yet anyway, people have asked for high reps (the pyramids on TV hooked me right from the start), and you're always going to want a lower body, the body weakens as we age from the bottom up, or as Rod Stewart would say "Strong Legs will get you through" that's what his dad told him, I think he said. As for the Intensity one? don't know about what kind of workout that will be, but since I've started last year I've incorporated more impact, not less, more intensity, not less, & more weight, not less. I started at 0 impact, 0 intensity, 0 weight, 0 workouts, don't really want to go there again.

Just something to consider....:)
That's why I'm going for it.
Linda

Yes, I'm quoting myself. No, I'm not implying anything. What I'm saying is over the course of the last 11 months I have had a revelation of sorts. I have had several serious knee surgeries in my past. Debilitating to say the least and changes in lifestyle that did not include anything but walking, slowly, & not much of that. What I found is that I couldn't do things not because my knees were bad, but because I simply did not have enough strength, or endurance to do them. This was the original cause of the injuries many years ago to begin with. Young people are still encouraged today to excel at sports, or may just want to without any thought of the physical conditioning it requires to participate in them & and remain injury free. The same could be said for weekend warriors.

I knew of someone in her eighties that was going up stairs two at a time some twenty years ago, I was a lot younger, so it didn't seem so impressive, but now half that woman's age, I wasn't even single stepping the stairs that well, really sad for me. I had to step out of my comfort zone, be flexible enough in thought to think I could teach myself how to move again safely by building strength and progressively working towards greater ranges of motion & strength, my success story of sorts. I'm doing CTX right now, not like the best of you do, but when I wasn't scared to try it, god I felt like I'd won the lottery & found myself again, like returning to a place & seeing it for the first time.

I just wanted to share my experience, not triangulate a conversation.

I stand by what I said.:)

Linda

Linda:

What your post illustrates beautifully is exactly what I argued when I first joined the plea for more low impact, high intensity cardio workouts/circuits.

It's not that we all want to dial down our efforts all the time, but that as we age we are not able to go all-out, high impact all the time. Several things are occurring as we age: we need longer rest times in between high impact/all-out days and we are getting injured more frequently.

What your story illustrates is the need for low impact, high energy workouts to fill in the gaps between high impact/nose-bleed workout days and also to bridge the gap between being injured, rehabbing back to normal intensity/impact/range of motion workouts, and being able to do Imax 3 again.

If I have to do a season of low impact, high intensity treadmill powerwalking workouts in order to rehab a hip problem so I can soon get back to running and high impact, then that is what I will do, and am doing. Some variety of workouts from Cathe and other instructors to help me get there would be great!

There is room for both high and low impact workouts in our weekly fitness timetables and having low impact days in no way implies we will eventually end up doing no impact at all. This is not a sedentary crowd.

Clare

Single Low Impact Step Workouts

I would like to see some Single Low Impact Step Workouts that I could buy without buying the whole series. I like to pick and choose which dvds I buy. I like to preview and then buy the ones I want.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.