90 day supreme

runfree

Cathlete
I have been doing this rotation for almost 2 weeks and I must say they r good workouts. I just completed shldrs and arms and I was drenched in sweat and mt heart rate was up the entire time!

Yes, most of the Supreme 90 workouts are quite good. Supreme 90 will probably be the fitness purchase bargain of 2011.

Hi...I was wondering if someone could give me a general run down of the cardio workouts in this set, speficially the amount of impact and/or plyo type of moves. Thanks!

I'm loving these workouts! I'm just finishing week 3 of the rotation (though, due to circumstances, it's taken me 5 weeks to do so!). I just did my first outdoor walking workout of the season yesterday, and S90 has given me good stamina, mobility and core strength.

Stacy:
The "Tabata Inferno" workout has you doing circuits of 2-4 exercises, repeated 2-4 times. The circuits are:

jump squat/ mountain climb (4x)

high knees (I do these as runs on the rebounder)/thrusters (squat presses)/push-ups/bike crunches (2x)

jump lunges (I take these to the rebounder as well)/V-ups/plank press-ups (on forearm plank, alternating going to hands and back down to forearms)/seated twist (2x)

wood chops/pop squats (4x)

burpees/push-ups/bike/mountain climbers (2x)

jump lunges/triangle push-up/wipers (in forearm plank position, move feet in and out like doing a prone jumping jack)/thrusters (2x)

jump squats/plank press-ups/seated twist/high knees (2x)

In the Cardio Challenge workout, you do one set of a move, 30 seconds, then have a 30-second recovery, then go on to the next move. (I personally sub in some 'real cardio' moves for moves that I don't think belong in a 'cardio' workout, like push-ups, and keep the weights light--5 or 6#--to make it more purely cardio and to work on speed. Last time I did the workout, I did more like 40-45 seconds on, 15-20 seconds off):

sumo squat with upright row

high knees

twist and rotation (standing, rotate while doing a 1-arm shoulder press)

pop squats

weighted upper cuts

jump lunges

fast row

push press

high kicks

mountain climbers

swimmers row (bent over as if to do a lat row, hold weights and move arms as if using ski poles)

dumbbell swing

alternate lunge with overhead press

rear shoulder flye

burpees

push ups alternating going from forearms to hands

wood chop

alternating rear lunges

bicycle

bear crawl

squat with side delt raise

plank jacks (in forearm plank position, move arms and legs--or just legs--in and out like doing a prone jumping jack)

side-to-side lunges

flye with crunch

skaters

cross punches

side plank rotation

jump rope (I do on rebounder)

push-ups

side twists

high-arm marches ('march' while doing alternating overhead presses)

I can't/won't do 'extreme' high impact moves like tuck jumps or other 'cheerleadery' type jumps, or jumping off a step onto the floor, but these workouts I can do with little modification (like using the rebounder for the higher impact moves).

HTH!

I'm so glad I ordered this set! I hope it comes this week! I just finished STS and it will be nice for my break!

Kathryn:: thanks for such a detailed breakdown, that was awesome.

Just saw an ad for this at my local Dick's Sporting Goods ($19), thinking about getting it. But I heard of some people getting it from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and I also just got a coupon from them, so....idk?

Kathryn:: thanks for such a detailed breakdown, that was awesome.

Just saw an ad for this at my local Dick's Sporting Goods ($19), thinking about getting it. But I heard of some people getting it from Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and I also just got a coupon from them, so....idk?

Don't THINK about it.

DO IT! :)

YOu can order from www.totalfitnessdvds.com for 10% off with the code "10off" and free shipping on orders over $19--but using the code and just buying this one set will make the total less than $19, so you can't get both (at least not just ordering S90).

I'm doing a Supreme 90 rotation (I just finished day 30), but adding in Cathe cardio or yoga almost every day and it's been a lot of fun. I really love the fact that each Supreme 90 workout has core work and they are all pretty short so I can add other workouts to keep it fresh.

OK, enablers, I just bought it today!!! :p I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond and used a $5 coupon... So it was $15. Great deal!

I know the workouts are supposed to be shorter, but do you guys do additional workouts, or are you just doing a rotation with these workouts? I am eager to drop these last 15 pounds, and hoping this might help do the trick. But my boys are starting soccer this week, and with two practices each week, I need a shorter workout at night. (I'm not a morning person. :confused:)

OK, OK!! You all should be ashamed of yourselves! ;) You fitness pushers! How dare you force me to get in shape :p

So now, i just have to decide where to get it. Stephanie, was yours IN the store? I don't see it online.

Kiki-
Yes, it was in the store, near the front. I just asked a sales person about it and she showed them to me. It was a big display. Don't forget to take your coupon!! :)

I know the workouts are supposed to be shorter, but do you guys do additional workouts, or are you just doing a rotation with these workouts? I am eager to drop these last 15 pounds, and hoping this might help do the trick. But my boys are starting soccer this week, and with two practices each week, I need a shorter workout at night. (I'm not a morning person. :confused:)

I'm following the rotation as is but I'm adding an hour of cardio, running for me as an add on.

Cheryl

OK, so I've only done two of these: the Chest & back and Ultimate ball workouts, and I'm not super impressed. I had to add on cardio behind the workouts just to feel as though I got a good workout. I'm hoping the other workouts are more challenging! I do like the guy that leads the class, but he's not very good at cueing... I'm eager to see what the other workouts are like...

I did Cardio Challenge followed by Ultimate Ball and got a fantastic work out. I am a fan of Ultimate Ball. I think it works the core well. It may not be as tough when done as a stand alone work out though...I'll have to try doing it FIRST one day and see how difficult it is...

I am loving this series. I can add on, do more than one, whatever I feel the need to do, and I am not getting tired of it.

Chest and Back is the least impressive of the weight workouts, imo, it seems like they filmed it first, and the cast was going way too fast. You can even hear Tom telling them to slow down over and over. Having said that I have adapted to that one with no problem.

For instance, yesterday I did Tabata Inferno and TF core 20. Tomorrow is a rest day ( I do cardio ) and then next is Legs, which I will add a cardio workout prior. You just can't go wrong for the money, even if you only like a few of the workouts.

I am soooo happy with these.

if you go as heavy as you can you should be getn a good workout.I have been postn heavy and my heart rate is up the entire time and I'm sweatn buckets. I'm worn out afterwards. I do think they go to fast tho.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.