7 New Cathe's!!

I feel like the last person to try hardstrikes, I just did it for the first time this morning and I loved it. I love the pacing, I get bored when it takes time to "learn" a combo. I hope this super fast pace is part of the hardstrikes component of rockout knockout and then more kicks of course!! I think I might even get the cycle video and try it out on my elliptical, at least one person has mentioned it here before, can't hurt to try! although, love to hear more comments on this.
and I am drooling over the step workouts especially the idea of 2 on one disc, so many premix options!!!!:D:D

I feel like the last person to try hardstrikes, I just did it for the first time this morning and I loved it. I love the pacing, I get bored when it takes time to "learn" a combo. I hope this super fast pace is part of the hardstrikes component of rockout knockout and then more kicks of course!! I think I might even get the cycle video and try it out on my elliptical, at least one person has mentioned it here before, can't hurt to try! although, love to hear more comments on this.
and I am drooling over the step workouts especially the idea of 2 on one disc, so many premix options!!!!:D:D

I get bored with combo break down too. I love the combined combos where it's just the finished product. If there is a lot of break down I hardly use the workout again once I learn it.
I'm super excited at the premix options.
I'm ordering the spin workout for download. Then I can just take it to the gym!

Renee, I also like the breakdown for complex choreography so you are not alone! On the other hand I think sometimes it's nice to have a keep-going/faster pace routine that lasts for about 45 minutes or so; it's nice to be able to just keep going without stopping:cool:

A step workout that introduces few new (complex) steps and focuses on using the best from past workouts would be a good compromise. A good example of this is the first section of Step Works---heart rate stays up, the routine is fun, and the moves are "old favorites" (Cathe's words!). Cardio & Weights is another good example. In addition, the step section in Intensity has decent but not overly complex choreography that is easy to catch on during your first outing. And will leave you close to cardiac arrest (no complaints here---I love it).

If Cathe introduces any new complex steps in her new release, I hope she takes some time to teach them. I admit to loving the dancy and athletic stuff both. In addition, show lower impact modifications (since there are so many of us who have been with her for years and have post-45 knees/hips/ankles) and have one person in the front row doing all of the modifications. I really don't care for the step section in Low Impact Challenge because she just throws the steps at you (I found some of them awkward, too). Luckily, thanks to some nice folks here, I discovered the #4 and #5 premixes on that DVD doable/enjoyable.

I agree with that! That way it kknda complex but since its familar we can get r heart rate up a.d have fun and sweat for a long time! Sounds yummy.
Thanks Jennifer, i dont feel to bad!

Gawd , i like the learning the brakedown. And add on as u go. Lol is it my brain? Lol

It's not your brain at all. Personally, I've been stepping for over a decade. When Cathe calls a move I know where she is going with it. Keep in mind I watch the workout before my first attempt.

I love how Body Max 2 has the finished combos bonus. That is an awesome compromise. Breakdown the moves in the main workout then have the bonus for the premixes. BM2 is brilliant!

I love Cathe's complex choreography!

Oh i love body max 2 i had no problem learning that one! Perfect that one and step blast i could get.

I did have, problems wih step moves, had finaly got all combos except the last one i think. I cant for the life get that so i make ip my own lol. Oh and RS for some reason was complicated. All the others was no problem.
But i tried other instructors on step lately and cant get theres!! I guess im used to Cathe now that any other cuing leaves me really lost.

Whatever it is, im so so happy Cathe is making more step! I could squeeze her! So happy, and she she said it will be a rocking soundtrack... Im gonna be in heaven!

Oh i love body max 2 i had no problem learning that one! Perfect that one and step blast i could get.

I did have, problems wih step moves, had finaly got all combos except the last one i think. I cant for the life get that so i make ip my own lol. Oh and RS for some reason was complicated. All the others was no problem.
But i tried other instructors on step lately and cant get theres!! I guess im used to Cathe now that any other cuing leaves me really lost.

Whatever it is, im so so happy Cathe is making more step! I could squeeze her! So happy, and she she said it will be a rocking soundtrack... Im gonna be in heaven!

Do u have the slow motion option on your remote? I put basic step as slow as it would go frame by frame for my mom to learn. I used it to learn the 3rd combo of HIS from the 4DS series. I always ended up on the wrong side of the step somehow when that one first came out. Lol.
Step Blast was my first step workout. I used the Timesaver DVD and just learned a section at a time. It took time and I just told myself if it wasn't challenging it wasn't worth doing.
I'm excited for new step workouts. I get all warm and fuzzy thinking of back in the day when I was a newb and discovering Cathe.

No i have looked for that slow mo button all the time lol...
I love,step moves but get mad when i cant do one section.. And i pick up my remote and try to see if im just overlooking the slow motion feature.
Yes! Im so exciited for step, i always feel i get a good wo and i dont have to jump alot and give myself a headache. Lol

Step Moves was tricky to learn in the beginning, but now its one of my go to workouts because its just fun.

O guys Cathe has a pic on fb talking about the workout they did last night was like rockout knockout with a live dj!
Man what a dream that would be! Exercise with Catthe and a live DJ!

I love kpc and HS so i think this wo will be so fun! So theres two step wos and the rockout knockout i am gonna love i just know it!
Super happy and so ready for them! Yaaaah !

O guys Cathe has a pic on fb talking about the workout they did last night was like rockout knockout with a live dj!
Man what a dream that would be! Exercise with Catthe and a live DJ!

I love kpc and HS so i think this wo will be so fun! So theres two step wos and the rockout knockout i am gonna love i just know it!
Super happy and so ready for them! Yaaaah !

I'm wondering if one of the road trip classes will have a live DJ. How much fun would that be?!!

Sounds like we should name the new series The Fun Series and be done with it!

Can't wait for new step workouts. Cathe listened! Hooray!!

Clare

Hey i was thinking.. Anyone remember the song dream weaver! I think that would be a great song to do extendef mix for a stretch segment!

I think that would be nice on a long stretch and relaxing at the end laying on r back, in the corpse pose and as credits roll it keeps playing lol.. I posted that on the suggestion thread... I hope it was ok.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.