6-month challenge check in...

getnfit@38

Cathlete
Well, for lack of a better name?

Okay, it's day 3 ice cream free for me, and it really is a big deal since 2 of those days were the weekend, which use to be the days I did the most damage (calorie wise). Not to mention, and all you die hard clean eaters are gonna want to stone me, EVERY Monday morning, when hubby leaves for work at 5am, I have a 1/2 pint, possibly a pint of ice cream as my pre workout "snack!" I know, I know, bad, bad, bad, but all that's over now!
I really feel sort of "empowered" right now, like I'm really in control of me and I think this is going to be a good move for me. I'm always more successful with a task if I'm being held accountable, so checking in every week will hold me accountable.

So day 3~and counting.

Good luck to everyone else! :)

Donna

Hi Donna,

Well done with ditching the ice cream, so far so good, I am doing well so far, I have not had any take aways since Thursday night (which was a Chinese curry and boiled rice), and I feel good. I will be pleased when a couple of weeks have gone by, and I can get some of the take-away nasties out of my system (they are full of a lot of additives, aren't they ?). And I know what you mean about the 'feeling empowered', it is good because you get a sort of drive and energy, that says I will do this :)
I feel pretty positive about this too, for all of us taking on the 6 month challenge.
Maybe we should put aside all the money we are not spending on our weaknesses, and save it up (like smokers do when they pack in the habit) ? We would probably have quite a bit saved after 6 months, it could be spent on a lovely new outfit, or some jewellry ? I reckon I must spend £13's (which is about $20's) a week on take-away food, imagine how much cash I would have at the end of 6 months !!!!!! Phew !

I am not weighing myself this week either, as the dreaded TTOTM is lurking around the corner :-tired, I am about 5 days a way from it. Nice ....... but I do start my Rosemary Conley diet plan tomorrow. The Rosemary Conley rep is calling 'round tonight, with my starter pack, and daily calorie allowance for my height and age. So I feel VERY POSITIVE about this and DH has said he will also give it a go, so I have support from hubby, too as well as all my cyber-friends. Wish Me Luck !

Wishing Everyone lots of luck for the up and coming week on the 6 month challenge ! :)

Anna

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-02 AT 08:59AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-02 AT 08:59 AM (Est)[/font]

Good God! A 1/2 pint, pint even for pre-workout snack/breakfast. That is wayyyyy out of control.

I wanted to ask your permission to distribute your success stories to some friends to encourage them to do Cathe. I have reworked your photos and your comments on to a flyer. I would like you to look at it and give me the go ahead. You could modify the contents if you want (I have't changed the wording I got from the web site).

Can you post your email so I can send you the flyer to have a look?

Yen

Wow Yen, you are very technically-computer minded :-wow ! I hardly know one end of my PC from the other ? Very jealous.... I wish I could do amazing things with my PC, but I can't :-rollen !

Anna

This is nothing. I just used Word and copied and pasted her pictures on an A4 document so I could print it out to give to friends. I am not a technical wizard at all really: I wouldn't be out of a job if I was.

Yen

Isn't a 1/2 pint of ice cream just a cup - 2 servings? I'm not saying that is the perfect breakfast, but I wouldn't call it way out of control either.
Erica

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-02 AT 11:18AM (Est)[/font][p]1/2 pint probably isn't a lot, but a pint is. I think it's more than 600 calories and eating it nearly every day is a lot. And let's not forget that there is still the rest of the day to go.

Yen

Hi Everyone,

On Saturday I went to BJs and got the big carton of Splenda packets. Day 3 of using Splenda for my coffee/tea/oatmeal! I really have a mental block regarding the chemical aftertaste so I only used 1 packet per cup..even better!

Maybe I'll be strong enough to give up ice cream for the next challenge (smile).

Sharon

Yen............

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to you, I did read your request on the other post. Of course you can show my pics to anyone you think it might help. I'll tell anyone that I have to be the poster child for the saying, "If I can do it, anyone can!" Exercise was a complete stranger to me, and all I knew was battered dipped and fried foods. So if I can make the change after 37 years of doing it the wrong way, anybody can!
Hope it helps :)

email: [email protected]

Donna

Hi everyone. I'm a little behind on the messages on this board. Are you guys going to post on this thread now instead of a regular weight-loss checkin? Or both? Not sure if I should keep the weight-loss checkin thread going.

Yes Erica................

1/2 pint is 2 servings, which makes a pint 4, but here's the deal:
1 pint of Ben & Jerry's One Sweet Whirled = 1120 calories, 60g fat, so my days fat intake is pretty blown at pre-workout snack! Not to mention how I have to eat the rest of the day in order not to go too overboard on calories. So you see, this pattern wasn't going to serve any useful purpose for me at all. I had to break the cycle, and do something good for me if I'm going to go the rest of this journey successfully.

But thank you for minimizing it for me :) I was working out about an hour ago and I said to myself, "Boy, you really put your foot in your mouth telling everyone about your pre-workout ice cream snack, are you crazy?" But I confessed, it's behind me, and now you all know why I HAVE to go cold turkey on this one! :)

Donna

Kay..........

This is just the challenge post, we still have our weight loss check in separately. I figured there may be some who don't necessarily need or want to lose weight, but maybe give up some unhealthy food, or habit, so I made it its own post.

Donna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.