50 and over September thread

Joan, the old saying... "if you want something done, give it to the busiest person you know". That's you! :D

I may have taken on more than I can handle. My workouts are suffering. I have not started the yard fall clean up yet and I am can't seem to find a minute to myself. With volunteering, babysitting, dog training, husband, house and yard. Am I making excuses????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Jann No you're not making excuses. That's why I end up staying up late. Too tired to do much but feel like I need a little while by myself. At least I'm not too tired to read.

I have a head cold. My gosh --- it's really dragged me down. It's all I needed to add more funk to my life! I literally sat in front of the TV today all day! :( I am actually looking forward :confused: to going to bed and it's only 6:00!!! :(

Jann, sorry about your cold. I hate colds with a passion...especially when DH gets one ;) Works me to death....LOL.

Joan, I've read so many times that we should make our workouts 'appointments' with ourselves. You're onto something there.

Been doin' pretty good this week in spite of the blues. I've finally faced the fact that it's pretty much 'now or never' as far as getting the 20lbs off and getting back into the physical/endurance shape I wanna be in NOW.
That acceptance has greatly improved my motivation. I may not 'feel' like working out but I do anyway cause I really hate how negative I feel when I don't exercise.

With the collection of dvds I have there is always something physical that can be done to improve how I feel.

Anyway, ain't got much. Tryin' to get more outdoor walking done in the great weather we're having. It'll be gone soon....probably.

Hi all!

I hit the floor running and did not stop today. I am here now cooling down to get a shower and sit on my butt the rest of the day. :) I was feeling better this morning so I caught up on laundry, vacuum, dusted, washed the kitchen floor, cleaned down stairs bathrooms. Then went outside, trimmed around the fence inside and out. Mowed the front and back. Edged the sidewalks and driveway. Cleaned up all grass clippings. Weeded the front and side garden beds. Worked Reggie for 1 hour!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

No dvd workout - ;)

HAVE MERCY, JANN....after reading your post, I was exhausted!! :p I had to rest about an hour so that I could get off my tush and do 'Crunch Slimdown' with Ellen B.
I loved that workout. It was perfect for today. I do believe I will be doing more of these yoga/pilates/cardio-ish workouts.
I feel dang good during and after and for that, I am thankful.:D

Boy Jann what a slacker.;) I hope that cold really isn't going to last long.

Kim I know you're right, we can't wait until we want to exercise. That's not going to happen.

I don't think I told you I'm semi on vacation this weekend. We have a hotel room at Harrah's for Friday and Saturday night. We just came home so I could do my mother's legs and dh could mow. If we spend the weekend there, we get a 7 day Alaskan cruise for two. Of course they want me to gamble a lot. I'm still ahead so I probably should stop.

Joan -- if you spend the weekend there, they give you a 7 day cruise. :) Sounds like a deal!

Kim - :D:D sorry. :D:D A women needs choices, it's nice to have a large collection to choose from.

A lot of walking today! At least I am moving. :)

Good morning, Y'All!

Wow, I am impressed with your motivation! Yeah, we all have down days, but over all, I think you are all doing great.

I am sitting here letting my breakfast settle, then I'm going to do Better Body and Buns (The Firm). I am still throwing in my most beloved Cathe workouts, so I am getting the variety I need right now. I have been staying up too late studying--I am behind and need to catch up on a lot of reading. Otherwise, I guess I am doing okay. I give in on my diet sometimes, but I think most normal people do. Anyway, I am not running at Jann's hectic pace (I can certainly understand why you have tired days), but I'm busy.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Happy Monday!

I cleaned my workout space today -- :p I also got most of my chores done. Tonight is agility class with Reggie -- That's good for a hour of cardio!!
My cold is gone -- yay!

Have a good one ladies!

I've been getting in my 30 min of treadmill everyday but now Josh wants me to do 40 min. It's only 10 min. more he says. I don't want 10 min more of treadmill but may try to do at least 10 min on Wii.

I'm hoping the cruise next June will be something to get me to lose weight. Of course the eating this weekend didn't help. Only up .8lb so didn't do too bad.

Babysitting today -- keeping up with a moving 12mo -- um -- there is a reason I had kids when I was young! :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.