50 and over October check in

I'm still working out twice a week and getting treadmill in for 30 minutes. But I would like to get one or two more days of full body conditioning in.

I ordered x train also. I usually get excited for at least a couple of weeks when I get a new toy to play with.

Jann I'm glad I didn't comment when you first mentioned horizontal conditioning. I thought you were just lying down taking a nap.:D

Jann I'm glad I didn't comment when you first mentioned horizontal conditioning. I thought you were just lying down taking a nap.:D
roll.gif

Welcome home magnolia!!You take the most interesting trips!!! I hope you are recovered by now.

Joan, sounds like the consistency has been working for you!! do you still like your trainer?

Jann, I know that the planks are killers. We do a lot of plank in TRX with our feet in the straps, but my right hand can't take it after awhile. although , I will say it has gotten stronger.

I don't mind the lack of professional setting. I would rather have variety than a professional setting. In fact, I think cathe should have a subscription service to a daily workout routine. Whatever she's doing at the club.... Pilates on line is like that. For 18 dollars a month you just log on and play the workouts that were either recently filmed or banked from before. No scripting.. Works great!!

I has been a pure barre addict lately. They are having a challenge for doing 20 sessions in 30 days.. I can't pass on a challenge!!

Morning. Well, today I finally added a real workout after my morning walk with Reggie. High-step-challenge -- the basic one. :D Yay!

Hi, Y'All!

Thanks, Beth, I'm really glad to be home. It was good to see my son and spend a little time with him.

I'm nearly back to normal. Last week was pretty bad, though. I still start yawning about 8 pm every night, but I am able to hold out until about 10:30 or so. I decided to start working out again today, and I did a Firm (Cardio Sculpt--an easy one, just to get moving!) and backed off on my weights just a step. When we were on the ship, we used the stairs instead of the elevator (unless I was wearing high heels and had to go more than a level or two, then not so much). I tried to keep a lid on the food, although it was quite a challenge. The quality of my sleep hasn't been all that good, but working out usually makes the difference for me.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

10+ Minutes of HC done!

Lots and Lots and Lots of yard work today 70+ degrees!! woohoo :D:D:D No meeting, kids, husband, or grandbaby!!
Planting bulbs, putting in a new bed :eek:, mowing, edging, trimming, and fall clean up!! My kind of day!!

Hi, Y'All!

Jann, I am glad you are so talented horticulturally speaking. I absolutely have a brown thumb. My husband, however, could grow grass in a desert!

I noticed during the trip that my flexibility needs a lot of work, so I decided to add my Classical Stretch dvd's on alternate days with my regular workouts. It gives me more recovery time, but I have time to do some good stretching. That's what I did today.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Thanks Magnolia. :D

omgosh, the yard work left my entire body stiff!! :eek: I did manage some crunches and stretches this morning just to move better. Back out there today! I dug out a new bed yesterday and planted showy grasses. In the spring I'll plant some lirope and annuals. FUN. Still have plenty of fall clean up. Plus I am gathering seeds to share at tonight's gardeners meeting. We had a light frost a couple of weeks ago,
frown.gif
so a couple of my annuals need to go. 70+ again today!!

Hi, Y'All!

Wow, Jann! It's great that you are having such good weather! It is raining here, but not cold.

I did The Firm Body Sculpt today. I used to think this workout was not so tough, but I have revised my opinion. I am either growing more mature, or three weeks of not doing regular workouts can leave a person a lot less in shape than I thought! Anyway, my determination kicked in, and I managed to get it done.

Gotta go! Lots to do!

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

We are having such a wonderful Fall!! It has been warmish during the day and chilly at night. The leaves are so pretty!

Magnolia - I agree, those firm workouts can be tough. I used to be the same way. Now, some of them kick my butt! :p Congrats on getting it done! :D

Checking-in with 20 minutes of Turbo KPJ and firm Body sculpt II

Moving to yard work now. :D

Checking in late tonight. I have only been doing the pure barre challenge. They had a deal on a package if you can do 20 in 30 days. I just had to do it! I loved challenge! I don't think it is enough for cardio etc, but so far I've been too tired to do anything else.

Tomorrow is a memorial service for a young man we used to know from church. I was his Sunday school teacher way back when. He was hit by a garbage truck in new York city on Monday. It is so sad. I guess you never stop worrying about your kids. My husband is doing part of the readings.

Jann just wait. Elliot was on the treadmill -with me next to the stop button and dh at the end to catch her and she ran at 8.7 mph. We didn't let her do it for more than a minute but she had no problem continuing.

Since dil's car was totaled I have been getting there at 7am and leaving at 5pm. The 10 hour days are wearing me out.

Still getting the two days a week at the gym but missing some days on the treadmill.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.