50 and over August Check in

I have been bad about checking in too!

Jann- what board are you posting on? I started a diet last week from the metabolci research center and so far I am still on track with it. I have lost about 4 pounds, but we all know.... its what happens after that! I have been loading up on the exerciese, combining spinning, barre, trx yoga etc.

Joan I dont think ou should feel guilty about taking the workout outside our house. There are some days that I need the live action to stay focused. How is it going?

Magnolia- I have relatives that have kids acting in NYC as well! I hink it is tough to break in.. That is great that you had to chance to go..

Hae a good evening everyone!

Magnolia, no worries. One of the things I have always wanted to do was go to NYC and see a show. :) I will one day.

Beth, I have been posting with a group of gals for over 10 years!! :eek: We have had get-togethers and been there for it all, births, death, weddings, etc... I am the oldest - :rolleyes: - We met doing a check-in on the theFrim boards. Left there and created our own private board. Thefirm people didn't enjoy our love of Cathe workouts. :confused: So we left. It's not that we didn't like theFirm workouts we enjoyed doing other workouts as well, and the firm people didn't get that. Now, I believe it is accepted. :D

Yesterday I walked on the treadmill, then went straight to stretching. My butt had that ol'firm hurt going on!! :p:p I am better today. I am going to do another Allie, one from the BSS series. Hopefully my butt can take it! Those signature moves are tough. ;)

Jann that is interesting that the Firm people did not want talk of other workouts .. At first I wondered about that here.. But what I think the best thing for any product, especially fitness and especially where the products re quality - like Cathe or Firm- is to let people talk and share.. I have been working out since Jane Fonda and the reason I am consistent is because I enjoy the thrill of new workouts of all sorts. I will always try the new product and in the meantime, our chatter supports each other in our endeavors!! That said though, I have always felt weird about posting an actual number for my weight on the Internet!!! Like... Someone I know is going to see it and say "you weight THAT much!,,"

That was over 10 years ago on theFirm board. Back then we were polity asked to go if we didn't "support" everything firm. :p Now, it is different there.

LOL -- I KNOW Beth!! I have tell you a story. I went to this fitness store with Kyle (Youngest Son) and my DH. We were looking for a new treadmill. While there they had those fat testers, the one where you hold in both hands and it tell you your fat %. Kyle did it and it came back 9% or something crazy.(he is a runner and very fit) He told me to try it. I said awwww no, I am to embarrassed. The sales guys says why we only have it hooked up to a big sign out on the interstate showing everyone who by passes!! And he laughed and laughed. -- I didn't try it. :eek::p It was funny. I wish I had I really wanted to know. :D:D

Evenin' ladies, Slacker here :D

For some reason my few workouts this week, Self Bikini Ready Fast (lurved it) and Exhale, a 20min upper body(....yeah!only 2 w/o's so far...I think -calendar downstairs) have left me more sore and fatigued than usual.

I'm having a hard time feeling ok this week. I haven't done a lot today but I just might do some gentle yoga before bedtime. I have one of those all day, naggy headaches so we'll see.

This change of life thing is a challenge. ( what I really am saying is that its' *&^% hard and frikin' ugly :p)

Enough whine....y'all have a FAB weekend!!! I bought me a pair of sparkly black Skecher Bobs today. Fun. I heart shoes:eek:

Kim -- stress sucks every ouch out your body it can -- something is better than nothing. Hang in there -- you are doing great!!

Thank you, Jann.....thank you so much! Words of encouragement have an amazing effect don't they!? They do me :D

I really need to work on my good words sharing skills.

Ok Kim !!! Time for the PEP talk!!!

a. You are NOT old!! Old is 80 or 90- then you get a break!!
B. change of life--- we all get over it!! There is actually a whole other life after that. . You will get past this !! time to use some discipline and move that body!! It's all connected. First you move the body, yes even when you don't want to, then, then next thing you know, you can't imagine a day without a workout (check out Janiejoey on the success board- she's 61)
c. You have my permission to kick my butt the next time I am whining!!,
C. Find a new passion. I went back to school. Magnolia is in school, Jann is becoming a master Gardner -
d. Come back here for support - we all kind of rotate in and out with our conversations, but we're still here in spirit !

In the meantime, I did STS 2- Janiejoey is my hero and I want to loose the 42 pounds she lost doing the STS rotation etc. the diet continue ( or eating plan I should say) and I love love love is new studio called Pure barre near me. I can go to one on my lunch break and add it to the mix.

let's talk Paleo. Has anyone tried it?

Paleo - I have not tried it. I did do some reading though. The week I went on that "crash" diet was loosely based on this theory. It works! Dr Fudrman diet is also based on all natural foods. I 100% believe processed foods are not good for my body. It's a matter of retraining myself to think ahead about meals. I have made big strides in doing so. I am freezing more food that I have made instead of buying frozen meals. I also try to cook off some type of meat and have it as left overs. It's easier with just Mark and I to cook for. I can't image having to cook for a family anymore. :eek:

Beth -- well said!! I haven't read the article about Janiejoey - will do that today. Did you get any weather from Isac? I forget what part of Florida you live in. I was hoping for a little rain. We didn't get anything either. West of us was flooded.

Joan -- How's the trainer doing? Are you and he agreeing about your workouts?

Kim -- Stay strong!!!

Magnolia -- Thanks for the info!!

Rest day for me. I have family coming over today for a cookout. So off to get things started!!

Have a great weekend!

Another quick fly by. The trainer is going great. He has really listened to me. The first week upper body was sore (I use sore as a good thing and hurt for bad) but not the lower body. This week both were sore. He was trying to be careful with my knees so we did less the first week. He is trying to slowly increase the weight.

With 10000 steps and two weight wo a week I can eat 1500 calories a day and lose weight. He seems to think the balance between carbs and protein is ok so I'm not trying to change it. I'm sure less processed foods are better for you but my nutrisystem every other day with their flex diet in between will work if I'd stop eating out and going over my calories. I did lose 2lb in the first 2 weeks so I'm happy. The 1400 calories wasn't working before because I just wasn't moving enough.

I will be back later and will set up September thread tonight. I didn't do it now because I wanted to reply to everyone.

Ok Kim !!! Time for the PEP talk!!!

a. You are NOT old!! Old is 80 or 90- then you get a break!!
B. change of life--- we all get over it!! There is actually a whole other life after that. . You will get past this !! time to use some discipline and move that body!! It's all connected. First you move the body, yes even when you don't want to, then, then next thing you know, you can't imagine a day without a workout (check out Janiejoey on the success board- she's 61)
c. You have my permission to kick my butt the next time I am whining!!,
C. Find a new passion. I went back to school. Magnolia is in school, Jann is becoming a master Gardner -
d. Come back here for support - we all kind of rotate in and out with our conversations, but we're still here in spirit !

In the meantime, I did STS 2- Janiejoey is my hero and I want to loose the 42 pounds she lost doing the STS rotation etc. the diet continue ( or eating plan I should say) and I love love love is new studio called Pure barre near me. I can go to one on my lunch break and add it to the mix.

let's talk Paleo. Has anyone tried it?

Thank you for this pep talk!! Love it ...and you are absolutely right. I also appreciate, terribly, the time you took to post it!!!:D

What you said is what I know...what's in my head. But the word I like/need the most is that dirty word....discipline.
D I S C I P L I N E. I'm gonna start lovin' on that word. Might even get it inked on me somewhere.
I know for sure I ALWAYS feel better after some constructive movement.

Also, that thing about finding a new passion - GOOD GRIEF do I need to do that.
I've got some ideas, now I just need to get a bit aggressive to make them happen.

Haven't tried the paleo diet but will research. I hope it ain't meat heavy cause I don't do well with much meat in my diet anymore.

Thanks, Jann, I am def pushing to stay strong. The best stuff just ain't easy but I do tend to complicate things, gotta realize that about myself and overcome!

Happy 3 day weekend to those of you who have it :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.