50 and over August Check in

So, you got a trainer -- great! They wouldn't work with you on letting your GS go into babysitting? Glad to hear you are going. I need a good kick in the butt!!
You have inspired me!! I have no excuses today. :eek: It's raining, house work is done, WORKout here I come!
Be back to check-in! :)

Good morning, Y'All!

Wow, Kim. So very sorry to hear about your Mom, MIL and FIL! I hear you about not being able to really talk about it. I think we are always better off to take everything at our own pace! Know that you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers. I have always believed that a good workout can really help you to cope with anything that comes your way. Welcome back!

Renee, I am also sorry to hear of your loss. Been there and done that, and I also am one who could not talk about it for a long time. It has been almost 9 years since I lost my Mother, and I still miss her a lot.

Jann and Joan, glad you're getting in workouts!

I took the weekend off and had a great date weekend with my DH. This morning, I did FitPrime Lean because I needed to be gently shoved into my workout week. It was exactly the right one to do today.

Have a great workout, everyone!

Magnolia

I am using the 2 hours that Luke is in preschool on Tu and Th to wo. I drop him off at 9:30 and I can get to gym in 15 minutes to have time to warm up. Trainer is from 10-11 and I pick Luke up at 11:30. It's rushed but doable.

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, that's great! You have a plan and you're following it. Even if it is a little rushed, you are still working out! Good for you!

I just did The Firm Volume 4. I really used to think this was easy, but that was 20 years ago (!!!!!?????) :eek: when it first came out. I can still do it, but sometimes I have to pause and walk around a little bit, and I have had to back off the weights a bit. Anyway, these are still fun, and I am challenging myself!

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

I was amazed how much strength I had lost. I guess talking about lifting is not the same as lifting.:eek: I am pleased to have someone spot me. You really can't lift to failure without a spotter. I'm hoping to get back to "normal" quicker with this plan and then go from there. The trainer has no problem working around the exercises I refuse to do.

Joan

Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words. Really, REALLY thank you. I am often amazed at how some kind words of encouragment and understanding can help someone, me in this case :), feel a good bit better.
And hugs back to all of you who have lost a parent too. It's really hard.

Good grief....I haven't worked out in days and brother, can I tell!! I feel like I'm rotting inside...haha....that's kinda extreme, but I'll bet at least one of you can identify. But then my exaggeration could be the result of watching too much 'Walking Dead'....do any of you guys watch that on AMC? It rocks:eek: (don't know where that came from...haha, but anyways)

I W.I.L.L. workout tomorrow. I am at the point of really missing the good feeling I get from moving and pushing muscle.

I'm sitting here tonight thinking I might try the Brooke Burke workouts I got a month-ish ago. They looked pretty decent on collage.....we'll see.

JoanC
'I guess talking about lifting is not the same as lifting'
Ain't it the ugly truth! If only, yeah!:D

Well, I'm hoping I get good sleep tonight. That's one thing that is messing me up too.
I get real sleepy around 11pm, go to bed and BAM!!...30 minutes later I'm hotflashin' and it's toss and turn, sweat then freeze 'til about 6am...then I can sleep.
OhLaw....I wish this would go the heck away!

Hugs!:)......yeah, I'm a hugger ;)

I am back from vacation and I could use another one to catch up around here! Tonight I went to a spin class then tried out a new place called pure barre. I bought a groin while in vacation! Man was it tough. It was like turbo barre but moved fast and non stop. W hit everything and everything felt like it was on fire!

Whoops. I was editing that and it went. I bought a groupon not a groin !!Lol!!

Anyway.....I am glad to see Cathy and Renee and am so sorry about your loss! I hate being this age now because everything seems temporary when it come to out loved ones.

Joan I think you. Are smart for taking it outside the house for a while!! Sometime you just need a change of pace and someone standing there!! Good for you!

Jann. Thank you for your kind words about my family. Dexter is the puppy, or fourth son! My boys are growing up, but slowly sometimes.

magnolia, are you still taking classes?

Hi, Y'All!

Glad you are back, Beth. I do see you on FB some, you have a great looking family! I am taking a very demanding class in an MA program on line. It's almost harder than actually going to class, because you are responsible for setting your own work schedule. Yeah, it sounds easy, but the work still has to be done and and by the deadline, too. In my case, that's a whole lot of reading. We have to keep a reading log for this class, and the minimum is 1,500 pages for the semester.

I needed some serious weight work, so I did Cathe's Push Pull this morning. It isn't too long, and it fit the bill for today. I guess it is a favorite of mine. I expect my behind, hips and inner thighs to be sore tomorrow.

Hi to Joan, Jann, Kim and Renee.

Magnolia

Beth -- :D:D I thought that was a typo! :D:D Your workout sounds tough! I think barre workouts are tough on their own. Dexter -- that's right!! Did you take him with you on vacation?

Magnolia -- and here I've been complaining... omgosh!! You have a lot of work girlfriend!!

Joan -- I see. Well, I completely understand, if I pay for something, I would diffidently show up too! good job!

Kim -- I have never tired Burke Brooks -- let us know how you like them.

Yard work, and more yard work today. It was one of those days, where yeah, it looks nice when I am done, but man ol'man -- I was kicking myself to get it finished. done done done! :)

Have a good one ladies!

Magnolia -- help. Tracie is having a sale. I am thinking about getting reboot 1 and 2 and Figure 30 hips and butt -- anything else?

Hmmm....hot yoga....I'll try to see if I can get that somewhere around here. An end to HF's would be wonderful.

I didn't get to the Brooke B. dvd until today. I didn't think I was going to like it in the first 10 min, but I did begin to enjoy it after about the 15min mark.

I'm feelin' good about myself today. I finally met with the hospice volunteer coordinator today. I signed up to volunteer around November of last year with one of their coordinators and got all my bloodwork and checks done and then she quit the job and my stuff got misplaced until like May and then we had the family things....so....

But it makes me feel better in my head that I'm doing something positive..moving...not holdin' down my fav chair and couch ;)

I'm also trying to find another job as I gave up the one I had when I had to spend so much time out this summer.

I have to change the way I have been living. I have to be active again. I have to be involved again. I cannot let this menocrap own me! :mad:

Alright...taking a breath. Calm.;)

Going to the Art Musem in Philly tomorrow so that will be a day of lots of walking. Good stuff!

Hugs :D

Magnolia I'm not sure which one is Push Pull. Is that the name of the disc?

It seems like we are all in a position where we would like to do more and are doing the best that we can. I guess at this time in my life I thought I would have more time to do what I wanted to do. I'm not complaining, I think the trainer will work out and I'm not having any trouble eating 1500 calories. If he says I can lose eating that much I'm all for it. We shall see.

Walking to the bus twice a day and all the other walking I'm getting in with Luke has really increased the number of steps.

Off to bed.

Hi all! The last week of August :(

I am still walking, doing abs and stretching. Seems I just don't feel like working out to a DVD. Trying to stay on track with eating clean. I didn't so so well last week. Started out good then lost it sometime in the middle by the end I had a d DQ banana split blizzard with nuts!! :confused:
Another week, giving it the ol'gal try! :rolleyes:

Have a good one ladies! :D

I think I'm going to hide the scale. It's been bouncing up and down.

It's back to the gym tomorrow. I planned on a full body wo on Sunday but we went to the Missouri Botanical Garden. At least I got over 10,000 steps in.

I think I'm going to hide the scale. It's been bouncing up and down.

It's back to the gym tomorrow. I planned on a full body wo on Sunday but we went to the Missouri Botanical Garden. At least I got over 10,000 steps in.

Jealous!! How was it?

Hi all I started to journal my food and posting it on my other board. :eek::eek::eek: Seems to be working. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Walking on the treadmill doing abs and stretching. I hope to do a DVD by Thursday. Tomorrow is another short morning.

I got my Master Gardener Handbook/Textbook today!!! sooooo excited!!

Hi, Y'All!

Oh, Jann! So sorry I wasn't here when you asked! I think, however, you picked the best ones--both Reboots and both Figure 30s are best. I just bought the only one of hers I didn't have and it was one of the Longevity Series (Defined Lines). The Reboots are fun, and the Figure 30s are both great, too.

I did not mean to stay away, but so much is going on right now. I have been working out, though. My brother & sil made a very rare (like never) visit. Their youngest is an actor in the City, and he begged them to come up to see the play he was in, so they came. We all went in to NYC, saw the play, then to Little Italy for supper.

I did want to pre-order the X-Train series, but money has been a little tight this month, so I thought it best to hold off. I know they are more expensive now, but those are the breaks sometimes.

Hope you are all doing well.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.