4ds worth it?

lulubell

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if it was worth getting 4ds for the weights, bc, and kickbox portions as I don't know how much I'll use step...scared of complex coreography!!!! Also how were your results, did you bulk up too much with the heavy weights?

Thanks for your opinions,

Aggie

Yes, Yes, Yes. OK, I love 4ds!! I love the wt work. I don't know what you mean by bulk up, but my arms are more defined. Not just from 4ds, but just from working out in general. And of course eating healthy. I didn't like KB at first and now I love it. And BC oh it's fabulous IMO!!!

I got 4 split and I have to say that the weight workout is so worth it!!! I have never used the step tape as I'm not a step person and I don't love the KB and BC aren't my favorites although there good....just not great. The BC has a few moves that requirer more floor space that I have so I find myself just making up my own thing....I'd rather use the original BC....but like I said I'm so happy that I got it just for the weight work

I say go for it! The BC and KB sections are my kind of cardio, get in, get out, quick and sweaty. The weights are awesome, a little different than some of her other weight workouts, a little heavier, a little slower which keeps things interesting. There are tons of premixes to keep you going even if you don't get on the step. 4DS Rocks!

Take Care
Laurie

IMO, the weight segments are excellent in this set, and they and the KB workout (which is the only cardio I will do from it from now on--I've done BC before, though) were certainly worth the pre-sale price (which is what I got it for). I'm not sure I'd pay regular price for it, though.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if it was worth getting 4ds for the weights, bc, and kickbox portions as I don't know how much I'll use step...scared of complex coreography!!!! Also how were your results, did you bulk up too much with the heavy weights?

Thanks for your opinions,

Aggie

If you do decide to get it Advancedworksout.com has it on sale for $69.95 and free shipping.
http://www.advancedworkouts.com/cathe-friedrich.html

I think it is very worth it. I don't use the step portions at all. I didn't expect to like the BC portion, but I love it. Also - you get two core workouts.

Monica

DEFINTELY worth it! This is one of my favorite series. The Step's aren't TOO bad, just a few tricky steps, which you'll get eventually. The workouts themselves ALONE are great, but then there are a ton of Premixes you can do so many things with!!!

OK, you people who love this one...why do I always feel like I haven't had a good enough weight workout when I do this one? I only hear good things about it, and how people get great results. I've never done it on consecutive weeks b/c I always go back to longer weight work. Maybe I feel like I don't get enough with 4 days of different body parts. Will somebody please get inside my head and explain it to me?? I enjoy the DVD, and like the idea of the weight work being 4 days and that being enough, but it never feels like it is. I definitely go heavy enough so that's not the problem. I read this question often on the forums - people wondering if it is worth it, and I always wonder myself why I have it and don't put it to good use.

Lulubell - I don't want to seem like I am stealing your thread. I just ask here b/c it may help you since you asked about weights. For me, the step is fun, but I am so uncoordinated that I got extremely frustrated (and still do in parts) and feel like I am spending more time looking at the TV with a dumb look on my face than I am actually working out. But, I won't let it beat me so I keep at it and am always sweaty at the end! It is a great feeling to "get it" but step isn't my favorite thing in the first place. The other two cardios are pretty good. If you have the extra cash, I think it is a good DVD to get, and there are some good rotations using it, I believe. Never done one, just read people talking about them.

OMG, YES 4DS is worth it! (Of course I love all the cardio portions and do them all the time!)

The cardo premix called "Cardio Power" that combines the kickbox and bootcamp cardios is my absolute favorite--it slays me! The weights are great too and I love the ab segments. The step workouts have awesome, awesome music too. I also love the "All Upper Body" premix. It's a little over an hour and really hits the upper body good. The lower body workout is phenomenal. I usually add in another LB workout to it since it's only 30 minutes, though. The other day I did Slow and Heavy Legs and then 4DS Legs and finished with abs. It was a kickbutt workout.

GET this series! It's so incredibly versatile. You won't regret it!

Ahhh, premixes. That's what I should try on that one. I never remember the darned premixes. Thanks, Allison! I'll give those a try. I think my main problem is with the legs - not enough for me. S&H legs is short too. I'm taking that idea for myself :) And an upper body premix - great. I need to tattoo "Premix" on my forehead so I'll remember to check those out on all of my DVDs :p

The premixes on these DVD's are amazing. I love the different weight workouts premixes and I get really worked for them. This is a heavy weights series - so if you are not feeling worked out enough - I would certainly try to challange yourself with a few more lbs.

I love, love , love the cardios too - although honestly I havent even tried the BC - I know... I know... I just need too - but for some reason I just havent... bad anne.... lol...

Like others have said - I love the get in - work hard - get out with these workouts!

thank you so much for providing this info!!! I went ahead and ordered 4 DS from their site (sorry Cathe for being disloyal) and saved some $ . Of course DH was not as thrilled when I told him that I saved him money.
Booboo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.