40th bday ideas

i will be 40 in a few weeks. my parents want to do something special for me but i have everything i need. what did you do for your 40th bday(or someone else)my dad offered to buy me a new car but i only have 10,000 miles on it though its 11 yrs old.

laura

but i only have 10,000 miles on it though its 11 yrs old.

laura

How do you only have 10,000 miles?? Before I moved, that was about 6 months for me, now I'd say yearly, but anyway...

Happy 40th! DH and I were just having this conversation. Maybe a 3/4 day trip somewhere fun would be pretty awesome. Or a dinner out somewhere really great with your family and friends?

A friend of mine that just turned 40 went skydiving in Vegas!! 20 friends joined for a very fun weekend there.

Love the Vegas part just minus the skydiving. Great place to meet up with friends, hotel rooms, flights, and transportation is so easy to coordinate there, couldn't ask for more great restaurants and bars to go to.

Hmm.. can't imagine my 70 year old parents going sky diving. my job,Target, is around the corner where i get most stuff and the restauraunts,shops, and grocery are maximum 15 minutes away. i have just thoght of one thing-the rodeo! and my best friend in colorado to come visit though i don't think thats going to happen. i would also like to invite people from work but then i'll have to invite everyone-too much.great ideas! anything else?

laura

Hey Laura,

Happy Birthday! I'll be turning 40 in 4 weeks too! I've also been thinking about this. You didn't say much about what you like though. What are your hobbies/interest? Here are some of my ideas:

Group parties:
1. Minute to win it party--I love the show and think it would be so fun for a birthday party

2. Food/culture themed party (whatever you like) for example: 70's party complete with fondue, disco, etc.

3. Murder Mystery party--this is fun! I did it last year for my dad and SIL's birthday.

4. Four decades party--have each of the past decades represented in decor, food, games, music, etc.

In regards to gifts:

1. New wardrobe
2. Makeover--get a new haircut, color, new makeup look, etc.
3. Entrance fees to races if you do them
4. Tickets to a big event or concert that you want to attend

I tried to do something for my 40th - and only 2 people came. Very pathetic. That's how you find out who your friends are! (although the 2 who showed weren't even people I would have considered close friends). sad

For my 30th I went on a hot air balloon ride. It was a lot of fun!

DH and I are both turning 50 this year and planning to celebrate with a trip to Napa.....that is always a great time if you like wine!

Pam

I went skydiving for my cousin's 40th and highly recommend it! Our less adventurous family members joined us as ground crew, taking pictures for us and hanging out. Truly an unforgettable experience. I was on a natural high for a week. :eek:

IA that hot air ballooning is also great fun. Tamer than skydiving but still quite exhilarating. Your parents could join you if they are fit enough to climb in and out of the basket; otherwise, it'd be a memorable, one-of-a-kind gift, for sure.

And I'll second the idea of the murder mystery party. I'm about to host my second one as it was a huge hit with the guests the first time. The company I used (nightofmystery.com) has an 80s-themed party—perfect for someone turning 40, no?

Best wishes, however you choose to celebrate!

If your dad was wanting to get you a car, sounds like he has plenty of money to send you and a friend (maybe the one visiting from Colorado) on a trip to Europe(or wherever you want to go), or maybe a cruise?

Hmm.. can't imagine my 70 year old parents going sky diving. my job,Target, is around the corner where i get most stuff and the restauraunts,shops, and grocery are maximum 15 minutes away. i have just thoght of one thing-the rodeo! and my best friend in colorado to come visit though i don't think thats going to happen. i would also like to invite people from work but then i'll have to invite everyone-too much.great ideas! anything else?

laura

If you want to go to the rodeo, what is stopping you from doing that? Where is the rodeo at? Could you and your friend go?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.