40's Week of Oct 2

Hi ladies

Roxie - hope the new shoes sort out the shin pain.

Murphy - no we don't. No bank holidays now till Christmas! Do you actually get the day off work?

Lisa - congrats on the weight loss. I know what you mean about energy at the end of the day. At least at the moment, with work being so quiet I've got a lot more energy for DD when she comes home.

Went into town this morning, it's DH's birthday on Sunday. Got a load of bits and pieces, books, chocolate, shaving stuff, etc. Also bought a new keyboard and mouse as they packed up this week! Did 40/20 when I got back - it was tough!
We're all going out to eat on Sun evening for birthday celebrations; apart from that got a fairly quiet weekend planned. Have a good one everyone.

Good Morning,

Boss lady and I went for a 2 mile walk this morning really couldn't test the shoes she was slower and no hills. The wind was blowing horribly. Go to pick up my mom in the morning and take her to a college football game and then take her home Sunday.

Last edited:
Hi girls! Today did PS B&B (again!) and 3.5 miles on the TM. I am going to try to add a little more cardio each week. It's working for Lisa! Congratulations! Of course if I stopped eating so many bad things that would probably help too! Roxie, that sounds like fun, what game are you going to? Ronne, have fun with DH. Eat lots of cake for me! Murphy, yeah on your basement coming back together! Lisa, I do use sulfate free shampoo, but I don't even want to tell you how many times I wash my hair a week, you all would probably be disgusted! But I found it in the book and doing it like they say, my hair is less frizzy! Tomorrow we have cross country in the morning and a pig roast during the day. Sunday, of course, we have football from noon until midnight! Have a good day! Mary

Happy Friday! I did Circuit Blast. Starting a headache (weather change). Just took some medicine, hope it kicks in. Gonna be 47 for a high tomorrow.

Ronne, 40/20 I dread, much prefer 30/30, that makes me feel more accomplished! Sometimes I'll take on just one wave of DWP if I had a shorter workout and wanted a bit more.

Murphy, pounds are easier to find than money. That's so wrong, who made these rules?

Roxie, walking with boss wife? Do you normally walk with her?

Mary, my hair is really responding to this new way of caring for it. My curls are so enhanced I think my hair shrunk up 1 inch to 2 inches in places, and feels much healthier. I wouldn't be disgusted with how much you wash, I'd be jealous. I could have gotten away with no wash today I think but i don't have the right product to revitalize my curl from dry yet. Still learning....

Jody, hope you didn't get sick, I'm worried myself, some people at work are starting some illnesses.

We are going on Saturday to see DS19, take him some food and take him out to eat and hopefully have a good talk. Hoping he agrees to see the dr, I think it will help him tremendously. I'm hopeful.

Lisa-no I don't normally walk with her but she asked me before we left work last night if I would come over her son and husband won't let her walk by herself anymore, I much prefer my walks with DD.

Mary-we are going to the K-State Missouri game here in Manhattan.

Today I did Cardio Power, that is the Bootcamp and KB cardio from 4DS. I've never done this PM before, not bad, 53 min too.

Cold and rainy today, some places at 6000 ft may get snow, we are about 5100 ft. That means 100% humidity, wonder what my hair will do today? I've been experimenting with some home remedies too :eek: My head feels like a science experiment :p

Hi girls, here's my hair after the science experiment.

Mary, made some flax seed gel to get the shine and clumping. Also did a condish/baking soda wash followed by apple cider vinegar rinse (before putting in flax seed gel).

I think it looks pretty good. Mary (and anyone) let me know if you are interested in the "recipes". They were not in the book, this is from some girls on the naturallycurly.com site.

Attachments

• PA070009.jpg
    PA070009.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • PA070007.jpg
    PA070007.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2
  • PA070004.jpg
    PA070004.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 2
I like your curls, Lisa. I am home all weekend catching up on Stats homework and Am Hist, blustery cool day outside, nice to have tea and stay in bed w/ books, even if they are textbooks. My dtr has a little lump on her shoulder near her neck under skin. I am worried about it. I will take her to doc on Mon. Checking out for now. take care.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.