40's - week of May 19

I didn't do anything today, neck/shoulder/arm hurt, I think from 2 days of walking 4 miles each day. I did do my pre-surgery testing.

Mary, the point is to move, who cares if you did it perfectly or did modifications, right?

Ronne, lots of visuals you are painting. The funniest---you having a stand off with a rat! Best---scenic Alps. Will you sing as you frolick thru the green pastures? You are right, why would I expect anything different from my sister.

Jody, If you didn't have a full dance/w/o schedule I would wonder what was wrong with you. Just like Ronne, if she didn't venture off to these fabulous locations she just wouldn't be Ronne. :)

Roxie, I honestly do not miss not living in FL and the beach, I just love the mountains too much. They have been sooooo pretty lately and I look at them and longingly wishing I could go hike them this year! This year snow melt will be slower because of all our wet spring weather so maybe I'll take consolation in the fact that maybe the hiking would be less than stellar :)

Murphy, 40/20 is hard! I always avoided it. Tended to just do 30/30....now I wonder how I would modify any of those moves!

Today I did TBT lower body. I was supposed to do the whole thing, but goofed off. :-( Sorry for lack of personals, gotta run.

Murphy

Hi all

Murphy - goofing off is allowed!

Lisa - absolutely - just think of me as Julie Andrews but with much more hair! At least the mountains will always be there when you get back to hiking again, which I'm sure you will.

Roxie - I did a bit of calculating and the equivalent price here is about $7.70 per gallon! That's quite handy to know for driving round California - it's going to seem so cheap!

Mary - for all I know, Wadsworth could be gorgeous! (Although it sounds a bit like Wandsworth which is a not particularly attractive part of London!). A wedding sounds fun anyway.

Did the other body parts from KCM Muscle Definition then added on the floor section from S&G, so about 50 mins in total. Feeling very distracted today, keep watching fitness stuff on Youtube! Most of it's pretty rubbish, makes me realise how good Cathe is.

Good Morning,

Still no rotation on Kellys website so when we get home from the lake I will do KPC Cardio Conditioning and then CK25 WK3 D1 which is run for 3 minutes and then walk for 3 minutes for 28 minutes total.

Ronne-the prices will be going up its just the first week of summer and California is higher then we are. Good job with your workout.

only did 2 mile walk. Instead of going longer and hurting and having to take a day off, I decided to cut back on mileage and not hurt :) See I'm getting wiser in my old age :) I really need to do YR,will see if it happens or not.

Ronne, will you be singing also? "The hills are alive with the sound of <someone can fill in blank with something clever I'm sure>"

Roxie, I'd not do anything after lake time. Kudos to you for sticking with it. Are you looking for a job now?

Murphy, sometimes goofing off is good, depends what you goofed off with!

Hi girls! B&G today. Lisa, good ides with the shorter walks. Hope you are feeling ok. Roxie, enjoy the lake. Ronne, I have never been to Wadsworth, I'll let you know! Somehow I don't think it can compare to Austria! Jody, are you dancing with the same girls? Murphy, goofing off is good! Another band concert tonite, last one of this school year, thank goodness! Have a good evening! Mary

Good Evening,

I did KPC but not the other workouts my gluteus maximus on the RT side hurts and the lake was really rough today so I have some motion sickness going on and I thought the TM would irritate it. It was not a good lake day cloudy, cold and windy.

Lisa-I love your mountain toos. I have been looking for a job checking the paper everyday but just nothing there.

Roxie : ( to rough day on the water. It is too much work to get out there and not have fun! Agree w/ Lisa, I'd be done after that and probably wouldn't workout.

Mary, my grandma died after a car accident on way home from dinner at a diner in Wadsworth! So Be careful! I don't remember which one, but she only left a penny tip if she thought the service wasn't very good so we always laugh and shake our heads over that. Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe it was some pissed off waitress' curse that caused the accident? : o OK, so leave a nice tip if you eat out in Wadsworth, just in case!

Ronne, I don't have any Alps disaster stories, you should be good- it sounds wonderful and sweet and romantic, too. Also agree w/ Cathe = great workouts.

Lisa, it is too bad we don't have a meter that lets us know how much is too much while we are in the middle of doing. Don't push it but i know it is hard.

Murphy, I have TBT LB set up for next workout.

I put in LiCh premix and did some of those sections but got turned off at about the same point I always get upset (she starts a new move while facing the back) and I then put in RS for 25 min so it all pretty much worked out to 50 min of step w/ a little bit of blast in there.
School and clinicals ok (mix of great, boring, easy, annoying and sometimes fun). I had new mirror closet doors installed today but there was a tiny crack in corner of one mirror. I hated to complain since it isn't that noticeable but I did call and tell them (Lowes).

YR done, noticed arm and tricep pain. Was careful on neck moves because last time I did it my arm hurt worse later that day. Now the waiting gets hard to start my new beginning (as Mary would say) :)

Jody, you need to complain or get a big discount!

Roxie, I'm sorry about the motion sickness, I hate that feeling. People that don't get that just don't understand. I get sick even when under anesthesia. Last time the anesthesiologist said that people that get motion sick typically will get motion sick when put under, he gave me an ear patch, worked great! I will ask for one this time!

Mary, I'm liking having my DIL in the house. We are getting along good. She told me that if DS doesn't do something to let her know and she would nag him :) I told her he was such a difficult baby, she said he's a difficult husband but we both agreed he is such a lovable guy.

Last edited:
Did TBT UB today. It was okay. I went easy on the weights but still felt it, did not push it. Speaking of pushing it -

Lisa - don't push it too hard. You may have a setback and then have to start all over again.
Mary - I need to do some B&G - or else mine will be dragging in the sand at the beach! I like that one, but I don't like all the lunges. But, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
Jody - good luck with the clinicals and the complaint. I too hate to complain but when I don't, the small crack is all I notice.
Ronne - putting out a cd? What did I miss with the singing?
Roxie - feeling better?

Murphy

Hi all

Murphy - yes, you've not kept up with my new recording career - I'm putting out a CD of yodelling! (Actually, I'm going to Austria!)

Lisa - that's nice that you're getting on with your DIL. Is she the one who worked for Lush?

Jody - That is really annoying about the door. I also hate complaining because it seems to involve more hassle than is necessary but I think I would do it for a cracked mirror door. I like LICh, there are some fun combinations in there.

Roxie - shame about the bad weather at the lake. I was watching the weather forecast last night and they said we've had the coldest spring in the UK for 34 years. I can believe it!

Mary - did you do all of B&G? I don't think I'll ever manage that again, it's just too long!

Did a Michelle Dozois today. Cardio Interval Burn. I haven't done it for ages, but I know it used to make me feel a bit sick as it's so intense. But I was fine today!! (I don't go all out tho' just so I can get through it.) Going to get some Thai food tonight on the gymastics run as DH is out this evening. I always feel so virtuous as it just seems so healthy. (Probably isn't!)

Good Morning,

Today I will do Supersets from BB and then go for a walk maybe do some squats butt feels ok today.

Ronne-sure its as healthy as you want it to be.

Hello! Did BS B&T, not too bad. Jody, I hope they replace it for you, you spent all that money, it should be perfect. At least for a day or two! Don't give me the curse! Haha! Funny story! Ronne, your are going to Austria this weekend? I will be thinking of you! I have never tried Thai food, sounds healthy to me! Lisa, so glad you are enjoying DIL. Isn't nice having another girl around? Have some fun this weekend! Just a few short days! Murphy, I'm trying to get my butt back up where it belongs! Roxie, that is a terrible feeling, hope it has passed. Going to do a little shopping today, we have a sports (track) thing tonite, just end of year stuff. Have a good day! Mary

2 mile walk. All pre-surgery stuff is complete and sent to NS. Also ins approved surgery. So now just sit back and wait for Tuesday.

Mary, seems weird to me that school is still in session since DS21 college has been out and is in summer session right now. But then I shouldn't be surprised since I see all the little kiddies when I walk the dog. Try not to spend as much as I did at the store! lol

Ronne, yes, she still works at Lush. She needs a better paying job though! DS doesn't like her hours (retail hours are not a M-F 8-5 job). BUt I told him they would like having different schedules once they have kids.

Good Afternoon,

Supersets done and 30 mins on the TM. I don't know why I haven't done these workouts more I am really enjoying them and they don't seem as hard as they use to.

Lisa-good job listening to your body. The kids should be out of school but it just seems like the school years get longer.

Mary-I went and bought some Meclizine so I could take it before I get on the boat.

Did CF. Did almost all of it. I had to substitute some parts of it, but I did something all the way through. I am proud of myself. Maybe next time I will push it harder and see if I pass out!

Ronne - have fun in Austria. Bring me something back. :)
Lisa - glad things are coming together for Tuesday.
Roxie - I hope the meclizine works. have fun.
Shout outs to Mary and Jody!

Murphy

Hi everyone

Murphy - how about a Sachertorte? A big chocolate cake? Although it might get squished!

Roxie - it's great when you come back to a DVD you've not done for a while and they seem easier. That's progress!!

Lisa - hopefully, she'll bring you some nice treats next week! Hope all goes well with the surgery.

Mary - I bet you'd love it. There are also some good Thai beers that go really well. Although I had lemongrass tea last night!

Did the whole of 4DS KB, weights first. Felt good! Thought I'd get a longer workout in as I won't be working out for over a week. My parents arrive tonight, staying till Monday then we're off on Tues, back late Fri and then off to pick DD up from my parents next Sat. I probably won't be around over the weekend so will catch up with you all when I'm back from Austria. I'm probably going to eat cake for three days. I don't eat meat and Austria isn't renowned for its veggie cuisine. That's my excuse, anyway!!

Good Morning,

I will do Step Blast 1,2,3 and then attempt CK25 W 2 D1 it involves more running so it has a dread factor for me.

Ronne-have fun and it sounds like a good excuse to me.

Just a 2 mile walk again. Will take a break tomorrow. I noticed this morning less muscle tone in my left arm. You know the horseshoe part of the tricep, that one.

Mary/Jody, I've had several inquiries as to updates from surgery, since you all are on my FB, can you post status here in case the rest of the 40s group are interested?

Ronne, I think that's a wonderful excuse for eating...funny how we make excuses for ourselves :)

Roxie, I bet it will be lake time this weekend? It's starting a warm up trend here.

Murphy, I think we should always be proud of ourselves for doing any w/o, especially a Cathe (even if we do modify)!

I did Step Blast and that is still one of my favorites and then I got brave and decided to do CK25 WK3 D1 its 28 minutes and you run for 1.5 min then walk 1.5 min then run 3 min and walk 3 min then run 1.5 then walk 1.5 then 3 run 3 min walk then you cool down. It wasn't to bad had way more energy then I thought I would have to do this.

Lisa-no lake time this weekend its opening season for lake goers and the drunks usually come out and things get dangerous.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.