40's - week of May 19

fitover40

Cathlete
OK, who is going to be the official thread starter? One more Sunday and I won't be able to. Not sure WHAT I'll be able to do in that hard collar and I'll be in it for 6 weeks. I tried it out yesterday, VERY limiting, will be hard to even read. I have a wedge pillow coming that will hopefully help prop me up, but it will be phone posting here and very minimal with lots of typos because I plan to talk to my phone. Anyhoo, no w/o for me, I WAS going to try something being careful, but had some arm and shoulder symptoms and didn't want to aggravate them more. I may take the dog for a walk in a bit (if she ever gets up) and at some point I just noticed I need a summer robe and PJs, and heck why not get more slippers, for the hospital. I know a robe is a MUST! So need to go at some point this week to get them.

Jody, right now no limitations from dr. I'm limiting myself, after 5 months of pain, I just don't want to increase my chances of pain by exercising when I know I'll not be able to do anything but light walking for 3 months.

DH is still in severe pain on his toe. Of course he doesn't LISTEN to me. Told him to alternate tylenol/advil, turned out he hadn't even taken anything this morning! So sent him off to airport, with instructions, hopefully he will listen. It's not like he doesn't believe in taking meds, he just is STUBBORN. Geez, at least I admit to needing help!

DOg's up, gotta go!

Good Morning,

I will do a walk and then try to a least do one of the workouts I missed and then a much needed stretch. DH goes back to work tomarrow so we won't be going to the lake today. It stormed all night and its suppose to again tonite. My youngest dd lives in and apartment building and she kept sending me text messages that she was scared because it was really windy and storming pretty bad.

Just got back from a 4 mile walk (not 100% sure, endomondo quit tracking my walk!...does that ever happen to you Jody?). Glad I decided not to do a Cathe w/o. May do YR later, depends on how late my sis and I shop.

Mary, I'm slowly understanding why I need this surgery (I need to know all the bits). More research, 2 levels of my neck have moderate stenosis (narrowing), NS said he didn't like the spinal cord compression in those levels. It's do it now or do it later, so might as well be now. Time to put on my big girl pants and suck it up. I guess it's been difficult because I've always thought I was healthy (and still am), but BAM, this smacked me in the head. What I thought would just be a simple neck crack like in the past grew into this. Guess we can't be 20 forever.

Lisa, I usually blame my phone/gps when I have had glitches with endomondo, usually it works fine. I can't find my phone arm band so I haven't been tracking with it lately.

Roxie, nice to know dd thinking of you even though you are powerless over her bad weather! I went for a walk today, too, about an hour at the ocean. There were tons of walkers, bike lizards, joggers and a few bladers out plus tons of dogs. The beach looked a lot like this today. http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium/juno-beach-florida-allan-hughes.jpg I noticed a sand bar and the water wasn't too rough. Totally need to head back w/ kids and hang.

What about doing a monthly thread for check in?

I did BM2 bootcamp premix and BS bi and tri. Both got a little shortened, I was tired of working out and wanted to get going with other stuff.

Good Evening,

I walked on the TM then did Total Body Stretching Basic. We had a policeman stop by to see if we knew where to go if there is a tornado so now we know the weather is getting pretty bad here tonite so it could be a short night.

Lisa-you are better off getting it done now.

Jody-she is going to have a rough night tonite too. Oldest DD and her DH are on the road home from his parents where they had a tornado touch down south of them I told them to be careful there is alot out there.

Roxie, be safe! Glad we don't have many tornados here!

Went shopping and now my arm really hurts and I hardly used it! Tricep pain, so yea, you are right Roxie I need to get it done now, I'm convinced and if I waver just SLAP ME!

What did I get? A robe, PJs, slippers, 2 pair of shorts, 5 t-shirts. Heading to another store tomorrow to see if I can find the shorts in green and see if they have the t-shirts I like that they didn't have in my size, and heck, why not see if that have any other PJs. Guess I'm getting all my time out shopping and eating before I'm stuck in that collar for 6 weeks.

Hi everyone

Lisa - sounds like a good plan, getting your shopping done before you're locked up! Have you got lots of books downloaded ready for reading? Also, what are you like with audiobooks? Might be worth getting a few, or some podcasts.

Roxie - hope everything's OK where you are. Sounds scary.

Jody - Wow, that beach looks gorgeous! How fantastic having that on your doorstep. I think I'd be a bit tired of workouts with the way you're packing them in!!

Mary - so how was Elvis?!! Sounds fun!

Clothes shopping was a complete failure on Fri. Didn't get anything. The stuff I'd seen didn't fit. I think I need to go and do a summer clothes shop at some point. Got all my lotions and potions tho. Also, had my brows threaded for the first time ever. Ouch!! I hadn't realised it would hurt that much. Don't think I'll be having it done again. I've now got loads of spots in the middle of my eyebrows, not a good look!! Going for lunch with fellow homeworkers today.
Did a great yoga session on Sat. Lisa, you might want to try it, it's a Sarah Klein class, called something like Yoga for Tranquillity. Lots of gentle stretching. Planning to do KCM's MD, just Chest and Back premix today.

Good Morning,

Well we made it through the night with no more tornado threats so thats a good thing. Since I finished my KCM rotation and waiting on her new ones to arrive I decided to revisit the Body Blast series so today is SJP step only, CK25 WK2 D3, and 75 squats. I finished my workouts and I forgot how much fun this step workout was it was over before I knew it.

Ronne-it was scary but we survived thats what the weather in Kansas is like this time of year. Good job with your workout that is a good one.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Roxie, glad to hear you are safe, looked very scary on the news. Are you doing the squat challenge over again? Lisa, no waffling! You are funny learning all the details! I don't like to know, just do it I say! The anticipation is the worst, in 9 days it will be over, just the healing. Ronne, I've never had the threading done, I see it in the malls, I just don't want to sit in the middle of the mall getting my eyebrows plucked! Jody, that looks like a postcard! You live close to there? Looks like heaven! Murphy, are you done with musty duty? Today did the 1st firm. Elvis and spaghetti don't go together! Very cheesy, lots of laughs! Hot here today , supposed to be 86, so humid! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Good Afternoon,

My KCMS arrived today talk about fast service but I am still going to finish out the month with the Body Blast series but I will preview these and let you know what I think of them.

A 4.25 dog walk (I think, tracking app didn't work, and didn't feel like cycling the phone). I went to NS with my sister. He gave her referral to ortho and ordered a MRI. He never said anything like degenerative disc disease or herniated disc like he did me. Time will tell. They were all surprised to see me and asked when my surgery was, told him I'd see him next week for it and I was looking forward to it (sarcastically), he said not as much as he's looking forward to it. :) My sister then had to put me down since she will wait for her ortho visit before she schedules the MRI (in case ortho wants a MRI of their own) and said that I was a wimp with pain since I was impatient with getting the MRI. Why do people have to put me down saying that I'm wimpy with pain. My best friend did it too (remember the red head joke)....my level 10 is her level 5 pain. Seriously people, how can you JUDGE someone like that? Is it because I'm "fit" and therefore shouldn't be in as much pain because I'm fit and therefore must be a wimp? Does that make sense?

Roxie, stormy here this afternoon, got sprinkled on a bit on my walk.

Mary, is it over in 9 days or is it the beginning :) I woke up and knew it'd be a not so good day (nothing compares to those days I laid with an ice pack), shoulder and tricep pain, but then once I went on the walk I felt a bit better. Something must have moved around a bit, baffling! I guess I like to be too well educated, maybe because I'm not in the health care industry? AT times though have to be careful what you read on the web....people with problems will post more than those that had successful surgeries.

Ronne, I don't have enough eyebrow to thread(that may be a good thing, a person at work said it hurt too)! And it isn't from overplucking, it's just how I am. And that is a FABULOUS idea about audiobooks. I got my phone hooked into the library system and will put on my wish list those I may want to listen too. NOrmally I'm not a good audio book person, but if I can't read I have an alternative. Thanks!

Murphy had musty duty? lol Mary, did you catch that?

Jody, I guess that means you are in charge for making the monthly checkin?

Last edited:
Good Evening,

Ronne-I watched the first workout on Total Body Kickbox and it looks like it will be fun but has a slight learning curve. I have to wait until DH goes to work tomarrow to watch the others.

Did HiiT Double Wave Pyramid. Forgot (or blocked out) how hard that one is. It is not the moves, those I can do. It is the timing. Now that I think about it, maybe 40/20 is harder. ???? I am just glad it is over! Sorry for lack of personals. I am glad everyone is safe, on the mend and getting their workouts or rest in.

Murphy

Hi guys, wowsers about those tornadoes.Glad you are still safe Roxie. I like to preview workouts or at least put them on as background sometimes while I idle before a workout.

Mary, I live about 6 miles from that beach and it is really nice in that area too, nice sidewalk, lots of seagrapes planted, bike lane, a lot of walk downs to beach as pictured w/ shower and doggy stations along the way. I totally should be riding down there once a week and jumping in! Cool nature fact- It's also one of the biggest nesting sites for loggerhead sea turtles. : )

Lisa, when I want to track my miles but didn't use phone app I ve used gmap-pedometer.com and inserted my route.

Murphy, I think I slow down on the moves in those Hiits. If I'm still moving, it counts though.

Ronne, sorry about not finding any clothes you liked (looks like Lisa had your good luck).

I took 3 dance classes tonight. I guess I'm going back? I'm going for next 6 weeks I think but just a 2 classes/hours, not 3. I think I'm going to do the xtrain lis 3 month rotation but sub stuff like cf and ttm whenever I feel like it. Plus I won't work out no 6 dang days a week most of the time so a real bastardized version of that rotation maybe.

2 of 3 toilets broken in my home. Guess the girls will have to call a plumber today. Blech.. Also ronney I've had threading before I would never do that one again either not sure why it caught on?

Last edited:
Hi all

Jody - I didn't realise with threading that they take all the tiny skin hairs from around there as well. It feels so bald! You should definitely get yourself down to that beach more often!

Murphy - that's my favourite Hiit!

Roxie - I'm envious of your new workouts! I can't afford to buy any at the moment!

Lisa - of course your sister is going to say something that upsets you. You knew she would and she did what you expected! :)

Mary - could you send some sunshine and heat over here please?

Did Plyo Legs today. Was having a Mexican stand off with a rat in the garden while doing it! During the breaks I'd rush out and shout at it! We feed birds and that does attract rats from time to time (we're quite near a river). Last time, DH hit one over the head with a broom! At least it took my mind off the workout!
By the way, it completely slipped my mind to mention that DH and I are off for a little trip next week :eek:! I know this is the year of cutting back on holidays but ... Anyway, DD is off to stay with her grandparents for a few days so DH and I are going to Austria for three days. Think Sound of Music! We're flying to Munich and then getting a train through the Alps. This is where we're staying: http://www.kerber-seefeld.at/englishkerber/egesamthaus.htm

Good Morning,

I thought there would be a new KCM rotation since she sent me a message that there was one but its not showing up so I guess I will do Push Pull instead and then a walk outside and 80 squats.

Jody-sounds like you are getting some good workouts done and if I live in Florida I would be at the beach everyday.

Hi all! Glad everyone here is safe, was watching the news this morning, the devastation is overwhelming. I couldn't believe my eyes. Anyway, I did imax2! I might regret it later, it was so fun! I was so bad at it, haven't done a straight step routine in years! Ronne, your trip sounds so romantic! A train thru the Alps!? Here's what we're doing, a wedding in Wadsworth. Doesn't have the same ring to it! Jody, hope the potties get fixed.....quickly! Sometimes I would just rather rent than own! I would love to see those sea turtles! Murphy, good job on the HIIT, I think they are all hard! Roxie, let us know when you try those new ones! Lisa, it will be a new beginning! Of feeling brand new! Sorry about your sister. Sometimes people just don't think before they speak. She doesn't know how you feel. Anyway, this chronic pain will be gone! Hot again here today, so humid, my curls just look like a huge frizz ball! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

I did Push Pull and then went for a 2 mile walk. I too am watching the news and just feel horrible for those people. Oklahoma is one place I would never live because you can't have a basement due to sea level. We are headed to the lake as soon as DH gets home from work. Any one east of Kansas please be safe the weather is headed your direction.

Ronne-no trips for us this year gas is 4.00 a gallon here so its to expensive to go anywhere we might have to even cut down our lake trips.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.