40s - week of 1/22/12

Mary, I tell everyone about my 40 friends, they don't get it and how we can grow so close :) I treasure you girls! Yay about the spirals! I've been taking MSM to make my hair grow faster (who knew that would help hair grow, right?) I'm hoping it's a good length for the wedding --- hoping for 2" more but then I plan to get it trimmed and shaped about 8 wks before the wedding and depending on how well she styles it I may have her style it for the wedding as well. Whew, lots is going into this wedding especially since I'm not the bride! I'm putting more into this than I did my own wedding! When I got married, I was just happy I found someone to take me! LOL

Nothing too much new on DH job front. Still waiting for interview with boss boss and HR and then of course the offer. Did talk to hiring boss (DH prev co-worker from 20 yrs ago). Sounds like it's all going to happen and only 50% travel (that's one thing we were worried about). Now get this.....thinking of putting DH on an account in LONDON! Ronne I may be visiting you soon! Will you come meet me in London if I make it that far? Or at least give us the scoop on what to do there and how to get around! You know I'll have to go with DH if he goes!

Lisa, super cute pics! Even on days when I think I look nice, I seldom have a picture turn out nicely. I hope that I am merely not photogenic, but I know I didn't hate myself/pictures nearly as much when I was 20 pounds thinner.

I didn't do PUB yest but did a 50 min jog/walk sprint thing followed by sets of push ups and dips and when I got back home used the tower for chin ups (feet assisted)

Oh Mary, I was considering for my speech, bringing in breastfeeding! I've been an LLL leader for 10 plus years. Most of the students in the class are under 20 and its at least half guys. I figured it would be titillating (get it? ha ha) and keep the focus off of me in some ways because if you start matter of factly talking about breasts in a crowd like that, they are going to be distracted and uncomfortable and of course want to make jokes...bascially throw myself under the bus, but get some plugs in for mothering and womanly arts. My dd said I should stick to bellydance....

Busy day for me, I hope everyone has a good one!

PS Lisa, yesterday my Endomondo didn't update automatically to FB and day before it stopped and posted prematurely. ::shrug::

Last edited:
Hi all

Wow, busy round here!

Lisa - keeping my fingers crossed for your DH. It would be fab if you made it over here - I'd love to meet you in London. How exciting!
Good curly hair day!
It's funny I was watching an old epsiode of Quantum Leap last night, and there was a wedding rehearsal dinner and my DH asked what was going on. And I thought of you!! It's the wedding of the century!!

Mary - your comment about the meeting really made me laugh! No, we haven't got any Olympics tickets. I really wanted to go but the ticket ballot was massively oversubscribed and we didn't get any. I wanted to take DD to see gymnastics but no chance. So I'll be watching it on telly like everyone else.

Jody - that could be a very interesting speech!!

Roxie - hope you're feeling better.

YM today for me. A bit pushed for time again so did Premix 2 which did the job. Going out with BF tonight for early evening drinks. Can't wait to catch up!!

Well, not a great sleeping night but not horrible either. I got in JL R&C, man those bicep curls about wiped me out!

Jody, that is one brave speech to be giving! It must not be a user issue with Endomondo and I just had the bad luck for it to flub up on me twice (and I've only used it twice). First time I had set it to pause automatically, second didn't. oh well. I'm sure your pictures look fine, I don't like myself in pics, but in order for me to get a true representation of my hair I like to take a pic and try to be objective. Of course compliments help! Remember now, you don't see the bad hair days!

Ronne, I hope this works out with DH too, it would be wonderful to meet up with a 40 friend, especially a European one that can show me the ropes over there! lol Open invitations to any and all that want to come to CO, I'm happy to take you up a 14er, skiing, or any of the other fabulous things I think we have here!

Roxie, did you get a morning w/o in? Congras on lbs, I hope it's not all stess related weight loss. See you are beating me already!

Mary, why yes I did get paid to clean out my sewing/old work space. It was better than surfing (I can do that in the office while I'm bored). that being said, yesterday I actually did some work, how is it that the work always happens on the day I'm working from home?

Murphy, are you back in the swing of things yet?

Good Afternoon,

Bad day at work again I guess I am suppose to be able to read boss ladies mind. I slept so well last night I couldn't get up this morning so tonite will be KCM Lift #1 its Olympic type lifting, DH says it sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Lisa-I am going to South Fork in Aug for vacation the bosses have a house there and they let people stay in it. I think I was just retaining water last week and its gone this week.

Ronne-I feel better still not comfortable with what is going on around here.

Jody-you are taking on a very controversial subject right now, good luck.

I guess that means you want to do a 14er Roxie. There are plenty in southern CO too. But seriously what do you all do when in Southfork?

Last time we went we just drove around Creed went to Mesa Verde and Durango then visited Colorado Springs. Its such a beautiful place, I think this year with both of us in better shape we might do some hiking and biking.

Hi girls! Today was TB, lower body only. I miss working upper body! 3 more weeks! You all have been chatty today! I want to go to London! Jody, I bet that speech would get everyone"s attention! It is an important subject. Ronne, that would be disappointing not to be able to get tickets. Maybe someone will give you some? You never know what could happen! Lisa, my BIL travels all over the world for his job, his wife gets some great trips. That would be a great perk! Murphy, you out there? Roxie, good job on the night's sleep! i;m sorry about work. It is almost the weekend?! Have to go make dinner, have a good night, Mary

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM Lift Olympic Lifts and I love this type of workout. I need to work on the lifts and get the form down better but I loved it.

Mary-I know the weekends close but it is a miserable way to work.

Hello!

Lisa - any better sleep last night? How are those biceps today?

Mary - there'll be ticket resales in April so I'll have another go then. At least we can watch it at normal times of the day instead of the middle of the night or something.

Roxie - I like that KCM Lift. I haven't done it for a while. I'll get it out when I've finished this rotation.

High Reps again today - the scrambled premix. It wasn't very scrambled really! I do feel like I've got a bit stronger having done it 4 times in 3 weeks.
Pretty quiet here - no news is good news?

Good Morning,

Slept well again last night couldn't get ups so tonite will be KCM TLC #1 Boxing and hopefully the treadmill depending on DDs schedule.

Ronne-sounds like a good workout.

Hi ladies! Weeeelll, I slept better last night but I have no energy this morning. Started LICh, got 30 min in, stopped. My bi/tri have DOMS and my quads too! That Jari Love R&C is kicking my booty lately. I guess it doesn't help that I use weights for the leg portion that are heavier than any of the other girls. They use 2x5, I've been using 2x8, amazing what difference 3 lbs make. My legs are dying after the elevated lunges! I was feeling so guilty for giving up on my w/o especially since I had time this morning. Anyway, I thought, hmmmm, maybe it's these new BP pills I'm taking, they are supposed to be 1/2 the strength of my old ones (my old ones i took every other day). Ugh, well, my BP is low, especially for me, so I dunno, I might be back to skipping days or maybe just take M-F since work stresses me out, even the BORING days.

Roxie, sounds like you better stick with evening workouts. I sweat so much I'd have to take showers 2 times I day if I worked out in the evening.

Ronne, quiet is heaven, I love having a boring life. Been a bit stressful for us here lately, still no word on DH job front, sigh. Poor guy looks like he may have to still go on his biz trip with current job next week if he can't at least give notice this week. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, seriously, do you want to travel for an old job if you are leaving? Stressful I say, stressful.

Mary, sounds like getting back to work is wearing on you. We feel your pain!

So, Working from home today, I have my dress appt for the hemming, plus boss is out :) Planning to work from home tomorrow...could get snow. I'm feeling like such a goof off! Yesterday I sat at my desk and read straight, I got over 200 pgs read, I was sooooo into the book I really didn't want to go home, but I did, AND I left early! Slacker I tell you, slacker!

Hi girls! I'm sorry, quick check in! Did 4 miles on TM, now I get to go get rid of my crown of gray! Hi to all of you and I will do better tomorrow! I promise! Mary

Heeeey, I'm caught up on workouts again, completed PUB Up only PM and AT Cardio Legs express PM and core from both those. I hope all this is good for me cuz I am tired now.

Dad coming to visit tomorrow so I will get workout out done early before he arrives, take Sat off, and catch up again on Sun.

Yawn.

Lisa, you take meds for low bp or high bp? For the non sleepers, have you tried taking a cal/mag at night? It is supposed to promote restful sleep. Have a good evening all~

Jody-I do the cal/mag everynight helps with restless leg but not sleep also keeps my headaches under wraps. Have a nice visit with your dad.

I do the cal mag every night too. And jody I have high blood pressure, but only when I work, go figure. when I was out of work for 3 years I never had a problem

Good Evening,

Tonite I did KCM TLC Boxing and I wanted to walk on the TM but DD was suppose to come over and walk but she said she wasn't coming and it was to late for me.

Lisa-as for the 14 miler I probably wouldn't be able to breathe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.