40s - the next week 3/20/11

Hi everyone

I did High Reps today. Felt very accomplished at the end!

Lisa - those hot flashes sound awful. Not something I'm looking forward to.

Mary - you too?!

Have a good weekend everyone. The sun is shining here. I've got the washing out. Going to do a bit of gardening.

I'm back. DH is having low back pain and brown urine. Guessing a kidney stone, never had those before. He is going to family doc in a couple of hours, I'm hoping they can do what they need to before the weekend and that we don't end up in the ER.

I did High Reps today too -- the upper body premix only.

Ronne: The joint was actually fused -- it is a single bone now, not a joint. I have a titanium plate and screws where the joint used to be. So that part of my foot is no longer flexible. I supposed I should be happy for an excuse to avoid lunges, but my bottom half could really benefit from doing them!

Don't you love it when you're doing lunges and Cathe says, "Don't let your back knee hit the floor..."? No danger of that -- now or before the surgery! That would be like hearing her say, "Now don't go too low on those push-ups!" Not a problem...

Lisa, I'd love to be doing STS again, but I'm just not up to it. Actually, I'm kind of discouraged that I've become out-of-shape so quickly! Now I know why it's so hard to start exercising as an adult, after years (or decades) of being sedentary. It's tough. I hope you feel perkier this weekend. Maybe you just need some sleep.

Mary: Orthodontist... I know that will be in our future. DD has a gap between her two front teeth. (Of course it would have to be my self-conscious child!) She's only 10, which I think is too young for braces, but maybe I'm wrong. For Spring Break she's going to the dentist :D so I'll ask then.

We've decided to get a dog. I'm not really a dog person (I'd love a cat!) but DD has been begging for one. So DH did hours of research (of course) and settled on a Cavachon, which is half Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and half Bichon Frise. Supposedly sweet-tempered, small, low shedding and allergies (for DS), and a good family pet. We'll see. The puppy is due mid-May.

My new workout buddy: While I was stretching at the end of my workout this morning I saw something small and furry run past me and into the storage room :eek: ! Now we have a gerbil, but she is white and was contained in her cage. I guess she's been throwing parties and inviting her little friends over at night.

Hot flashes? Well, I'm a hot sleeper in general, but don't have a problem with hot flashes yet. However, I like the room cooler, and DH likes it warmer, so it may be hard to tell.

Well, DH is skulking around, trying to catch me not working, so I guess I'd better get back to it! Have a great weekend everybody!

So, It's a kidney stone, now he goes for a CT scan to see how big it is, whether meds to help him pass it or ultrasound to break it up or surgery.

Kathryn, I just heard Cathe say this morning about don't let your knee hit the floor and all I can think is, how can that possibly happen, I can't get that low, nor do I want to :)

Hi girls! Late in the game! Lisa, hope all is well with DH, kidney stones are painful! Hope they give him some good drugs! Kathryn, our orthodontist starts them in braces early! He told us he will start our little one (9) this summer! The twins (12) are done! All their friends are just getting started. So, who knows?! Your foot sounds painful! Will you set off the alarms at the airport? We have a bichon! She is so sweet, but I much order cats, but the kids have allergies. Ronne, hope you have a good weekend! By the way did disc 16 today. Mary

OK, the stone is small enough that they think he can pass it. Got him Vicodin, he's just started his complaining. I guess I better be compassionate this weekend with his complaining :)

My kids were late bloomers and only my youngest had braces. He got an expander in 7th or 8th grade, but then full braces as a sophomore in HS.

I think Bichon's are cute. My future DIL had her Shiba Inu over here the other day, really pretty. But they have an independant streak, but her's is very well behaved. I'd love another dog, but a lot of work, plus I really would like another with the same lovely personality of my Maddy and I know it isn't a given. I'll just continue to cherish what I had with her. I was HER person. The cat now, doesn't give a flip about me, and here how I care for her, sigh.

Have a great weekend everyone! Oh, my legs are already sore from my w/o this morning, wonder if I'll be able to walk tomorrow :)

Lisa, hope DH is doing better. Is he afraid to pee? Just sending him some good thoughts and hope he isn't whining too much!

Mary, he's doing better today, maybe the stone isn't moving for now? They say once it gets to the bladder it will be very painful. So far he isn't afraid to pee but he was extremely spooked by the blood in the urine. A friend said it was a week between the time the kidneys and blood started to the time the stone came out. There's one thing to be said for being a woman, we don't get these like the guys do, guess that makes up for childbirth? :)

I did Disc 16 today, those back off sets were tough! I slept 10 glorious hours last night. I think it was tough recooperating from my late girl's night out on monday :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.