40's - taxing times

Used the spin bike today. OMG, I will feel this. I was going to try for the whole dvd but then commonsense woke up and stopped me. I did the 1/2 premix and that was good. It was over fast (not fast enough) but that was fine with me. I would have liked a longer stretch but I added more on after I did some ab work. I may try it again Thursday or Friday - if my legs are up to it. :)

Jody - I too think you will like XTrain. You can tell she put a lot of work into it. Not that she did not with the others, this one just seemed like a bit extra. Maybe some people gained wt b/c they were more hungry with the burning of the extra calories and did not eat properly - or they gained muscle. Just a thought.

Murphy

Hi 40's, currently I'm backing off any w/o's and just doing ellipitical laps for total of 2 miles (until I get bored with this strategy) in an effort to minimize pain while I wait to see what the next step will be. Hope that is the right plan. DH is tired of hearing me, but is keyed into to me as well....meaning he knows when I'm feeling pain worsen before I really realize it, how? I guess I have a moan that escapes that I don't realize I'm doing :)

Murphy, I've learned to spin at my level (not someone elses), it's made them more enjoyable. In going thru this neck thing, I'm amazed at how much the standing drill work is impactful to my neck. Hell, all things affect the neck! lol

Ronne, I just finished a Jojo Moyes book and am starting Lisa Scolione (sp) new book...Don't Go....not too far into it but it looks promising.

Mary, I never answered you, yes work is letting me work from home, I'm lucky in that respect. My favorite leotard was baby pink with touches of grey with pink leg warmers and pink leggings (tights?)

Jody, lols with hwy 60, it wasn't lady fitness though as how would I find a MAN there? I forget the name of the gym I worked out in.

Roxie, We have more snow coming! in fact just looked outside and it's snowing. after this one will may have had a good 20 inches last couple days. Where did spring go?

Oh Mary, meant to post, I took my 1/4 flexeril before bed last night, I could sleep on my left side again!!! That's huge relief! I didn't need a second dose last night like when pain was at highest level, so that's good. Never told you all about a dream I had a couple nights ago. I dreamed DH came up to me and pushed down on my shoulders/neck, it hurt so much, I screamed out and woke myself up. So, does that mean I was experiencing pain and integrated it into a dream?

Good Afternoon,

I did 105 squats, KCM TLC #2 Conditioning another one that is not my favorite and then 30 mins on the TM.

Lisa-its raining here today and suppose to for the next 3 days with a little sleet and snow mixed in with the thunder and lightening crazy weather. I want spring back too.

Ronne-I have Plateu Buster but haven't done it yet I think it will be a good one.

Jody-I think you will like XTrain.

Hello

Hi speeding Mary!

Roxie - TLC was another one I was thinking of getting. Why don't you like it?

Lisa - sounds like a good strategy. I can't believe your weather. Spring has finally sprung here. I've cut the grass and hung washing out!! And we've got the heating off which is a big relief as our bills just keep increasing. Jojo Moyes rings a bell, what genre?

Murphy - I agree with you about Xtrain. So, you're liking the spin bike then?

Another quick workout for me today as work is keeping me chained to my desk. Did Back Bis and Core from TBT. I wanted to go heavier on a couple of exercises but couldn't because of the rep speed. I have to say that at the end of it, I didn't feel particularly worked. almost like I didn't do anything. Is that a good or a bad thing? Not sure ;)

I really miss Cathe, so did S&G cardio today. I did more research, my neck will never be the same. If they just do a procedure to take the pain away (repeating every year) the degeneration will continue then may have to fuse neck vertebra (increasing stress on non fused ones) or IF they have to fuse now, either way I need to get the high impact out of my w/o's to try to preserve this neck. I can get a good w/o in still and just dream in my mind that I'm jumping on the step during plyo vs stepping on it. I listened to the recording I had at the neurosurgeon and learned a lot (amazing how much you don't absorb while seated with them, love the fact I have a recording). Even jummping jaacks on the discs scrunch my neck, so I will modify to just putting leg side to side, getting good arm movement in (once we fix the arm problem I have---I think pinched nerve in neck which may require different (easier) surgery than fusion). Those cross country on discs are bad too. So I need to start a new group called MODIFICATIONS R US :)

Ronne, Colorado weather is always crazy! Last year me and my bff were hiking in the mountains with barely any snow at this time.

Roxie, you really pulled yourself out of your slump, I'm still trying! I will get there, I'm learning to accept my situation and make the best of it.

Mary, kids keepign you busy? Your weekends start this weekend, right?

Hellos to other 40s!

Good Morning,

I did KCM Split Session 1 Upper Body, 110 squats, and 30 mins on the TM and Total Body Stretch Basic. Watching the sad story on Waco. We had thunderstorms yesterday and its cold today when is ever going to warm up.

Lisa-being accountable to someone helps.

Ronne-I like the boxing on TLC but not the conditioning the boxing is one of my favorites.

facet block has worn off and back to pain. I felt it starting to wear off last couple days, today I feel it intensifying enough for ice/pills. I know you all are tired of hearing it, I'm tired of living it! I'll try not to complain anymore and grin and bear it until Wed when I go back to Neurosurgeon with all the results of the tests to see what's next. I'm fitting standard person, dr said relief would be felt day 2 and pain coming back day 7 after block.

Hi all! Today did standing legs from the Firm, forgot about all those leg presses! Lisa, I'm so sorry. Take the pills, I hope the doctor has some options for you. And quickly. You can complain all you want! We are hear to listen. Roxie, Texas is horrifying. The whole week has been. Ronne, I sometimes feel like that! I wonder if I wasted my time or not? There has to be some value?! Murphy, I avoid our spin bike at all costs! It's hard! Jody, how many more weeks left for you? I have 5 days! And I'm counting! Have to go pick up DD from track! Will be back tomorrow! Mary

Hey, I did Intensity step portion (again, its a frequent flyer) this morn and a walk jog sprint this afternoon. I will get some pics together to show xtend progress. I don't know if BB will give me any of my pics when they are done. They acted like they weren't sure what "special" thing they were going to do, but it felt like they were avoiding saying no pics but we don't want to tell you that yet. If dd takes some pics for me tomorrow, it will show xtend progress and pre xtrain look.
I decided on the Feb rotation, it is 30 day, undulating xtrain but includes CF and TTM so I have some familiar likes to mix with new stuff. Also considered 30 day xtrain cardio and strength but it doesn't undulate and is mostly burn sets.
Oooorrr should I stick to the April one that has lots of workouts I love, mostly burn sets (less stuff to learn) and I haven't lifted much weight lately, so why care if I undulate, its all change anyway?

Mary, we have 2 weeks left, but only one day of clinical in that time and all my big stuff is done like case studies/papers, etc. Just final exam written and practical, then summer A starts around May 8. Won't you be doing weekends? So no summer off?

Lisa, you must be feeling so discouraged on top of the pain. I am so sorry. Yes, feel free to share with us. I just hope you find a way to feel better and keep up with your health.

Roxie, a lot of terrible news to keep up with right now, isn't there?

Ronne, I have little patience for that feeling of wondering if what I just did was effective. Next time use heavier but go slower if needed? At least make a notation so you can see if it is the workout or a one time thing.

Muphy, I read some more threads on xtrain and wt gain. I've decided not to worry. If I gain muscle wt, good for me. If I gain fat, I can't blame the exercise program, just my mouth.

Last edited:
Hello ladies

Jody - you're very keen on Intensity! That step segment kills me! Go with whatever rotation you know you can stick at!!

Mary - you just love doing legs, don't you?!! :p

Lisa - don't worry, you get it out of your system! Eventually, you'll work out what exercise you can do that makes you feel good. I do really feel for you. I know I would hate it.

Roxie - wow, good workout!

CSS done! Love that one. Worked up a good sweat and had a smile on my face. Busy weekend of work ahead. I've got a deadline for Monday and I'm going to have to work through to get it done. Might have time for a workout tomorrow. Not sure what tho.

Woke up feeling better. I think what happened is since i"ve been sleeping on my left side, a nerve got pinched in a major way, I could not get it off of it no matter changing postitions all day. It was in the tricep which coincides with dr findings. SO I drugged up and managed to stay on my right/back all night, major ARM pain lessened right now. It hurt so bad I wrapped my upper arm with heating pad to get the pain sensation gone and feel heat sensation. If dr doesn't have plan yet (there is a grey area on my shoulder--MRI doesn't support what we are finding), I will ask for Gabanpentin (I'm sure Mary can correct drug name). So, while neck pain isn't as bad, yesterday was arm pain. I know when I woke up I felt like that arm was dead. I'm wiped out from the pain so just will do some laps on the elliptical.

Lack of personals because it hurts my arm to type.

Thanks for the support, it does help!

Hi girls! Today did AOLIH, fun. No workout again til Monday!!! Won't be around here til then either. Lisa, hope that you continue to get improvement. Will be thinking of you. Ronne, don't work too hard! Jody, I just have to work this and next weekend. I can't really complain! I'll be excited to see your pics! Roxie, what are you up to today? Hi Murphy! Have to get stuff done for around here. Have a good weekend all and I will see you Monday! Mary

Good Evening,

I thought I checked in this morning but I guess not. I did the TM for 30 mins was suppose to do KCM Step Boxing but didn't get it done before I went and got my haircut and I was caught up in the Boston story.

OK girls, I'm trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps. I'm going to do XT Legs today. I'm going to try to do w/o's that don't bounce me too much (that causes middle neck to hurt), don't have lateral arm movements (like LIC girls just want to have fun part)---that hurts left neck into shoulder, and not sleep on my left (that hurts triceps arm because I think it's pinching nerve). There, how's that for a plan. Then for dr visit on Wed, I'll do a couple w/o's that will start it all back up (HR, LIC) and sleep on my left the night before so that I'm hurting for doc. It's crazy doing things you know are going to hurt.

Somedays I think I'm losing my mind! Here's an example. Thurs night DH came home from work and I was debilitated with arm pain. He came home yesterday, expecting the worst and here I am fine (well not fine but not in debilitating pain). He even said how crazy it is. I said that's why I feel I'm going out of my mind. When the nerve gets pinched, it's awful (I couldn't feel how awful before because of how bad my neck hurt) and then boom, next day I'll be fine because nerve got released somehow, but no matter how I would try to move around when it's pinched, I can't get it unpinched. If I didn't know someone who went thru this same thing and verifies all this craziness and herself feeling crazy I would sign myself up into the loonie bin!

Jody, lol, I quit wearing a headband (thought it was causing my forehead skin to look bumpy (not pimply), I may have to break it out for summer though. So funny you remember, oooh, what you girls know about me! My new w/o area is closer to the furnace too, ugh! It's a lot smaller, I'm having a hard time fitting everything, no room on the carpet for the discs so I'm going to buy a carpet to go over the pads.

Mary, don't work too hard! Do you get special weekend pay? If so that would be a bonus!

Roxie, I haven't really followed the story even though tv is on most of the time. I did laundry-max yesterday.

Ronne, a working weekend for you too? I want to do CSS, I like it. DS is moving some stuff in this weekend. My other DS in college is trying to find an apartment to live in near school...he is not so resourceful, less than a month and I had to give him a stern talking to to quit dwaddling, we had a bit of a spat. Geez, surely at 21 they can find their own place to live! DH had started me getting on a roll of reprimanding everyone because HE FOUND A PLACE FOR THEM TO LIVE, whoopie---FOR TWICE AS MUCH AS WE PAY NOW! GAH! My poor DH has no clue about money, and DS said, yea that's what we pay now, uh, not! I'm not paying for him to live the high life! Sometimes I could do without kids....there I said it, I'm a bad mother.

Hi all. Did XTrain Cardio leg blast. It was fun and doable. I was a little nervous about going heavy on some of the weights b/c of the groin pull so I went light. I felt like I should have gone heavier but kept telling myself to be safe until I am 100% percent better. Groin still acts up every once in a while. Still, it felt good and flew by.

Jody - I like Intensity too. Some of the step footwork get tricky for me and I have to modify or skip.
Ronne - good luck getting your work done.
Mary - I hope the weekend work fly's by.
Roxie - good job on the workouts.
Lisa - I hope you feel better soon and the doctors figure out a way to get you fixed up with the least damage/surgery.

Murphy

Good Afternoon,

I did KCM Weights 2 Bis, Tris & Shoulders and 130 squats plus 45 mins. on the TM some days I just don't know when to stop once I start.

Roxie, I love when it carries you away and you can't stop!

Murphy, I have Cardio Leg Blast on deck for tomorrow.

Lisa, for what its worth, I've wondered about my sanity sometimes. I have to get back to prayer and meditation to get centered again. Sure you don't need some yoga?? ha ha.

I did AOLIH instead of Hard Strikes. (a justifiable substitution to me) but had to chunk it into morning = w/u and floor and eve = w/u, step, disc and core 1 because I dawdled before work at 9am.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.