40's - taxing times

fitover40

Cathlete
Just starting the thread, rest day for me, last 2 days of w/o's and I feel it in the one area of the neck the injections didn't get so I didn't sleep well. I think I've tested these injections enough so I'm going to take it easy and enjoy some relative pain free time. Hopefully today we get the basement all cleaned up and things that need moved, moved and organized.

Good Morning,

First off Lisa thank you for the title I forgot about my state tax so I need to get it mailed. I did 75 squats last night and then 80 squats this morning and I also walked on the TM for 30 mins. We are headed to take my mom home and see GS he is now pulling himself up into a standing position.

Lisa-don't overdo it.

Lisa, great title, I was waiting for thread. Have fun organizing and stuff. I like to do that stuff. In fact on Fri I spent the eve w/ the besties cleaning up son's room before he comes home from college.

Roxie, enjoy time w/ gs, dtr and mom, too.

Yesterday was 30 of step combo from MIC and RS, xtend, wts and plates abs from Ab circuits. Today was LIC in its entirety. That one is one I'd mostly be able to be cast member for, lol. Nothing planned for Mon except usual 15 hour day. Tues I'm thinking LBB, abs, push ups, dips to pump up for pics, whatcha think? I'm glad to not be doing on camera interviews but feel deceived about the infomercial not being at the end of our 3 months.

Have a good Sun and Monday, all.

Happy Sunday! Did BS B&T this morning. Lisa, good idea for a rest day. When will they move in? I do like to organize stuff, makes my mind feel clearer. But I guess you all know that by now! Roxie, we have to get our regional taxes in also. Thank goodness we didn't owe anyone else! Have fun with GS! Jody, hope tomorrow fles by for you! Hi Murphy and Ronne! I'm going to enjoy today, have to work the next two weekends. Have to figure out my workouts, not sure if I will want to workout after a 12 1/2 hour day! Enjoy the day! Mary

Good Morning,

I slept wrong last night so my neck and shoulders hurt. I will do KCM Cardio Blast 2 today and some abs.

Lisa-the only KCMs I would recommend for you would be the new back one and Start Here because it is meant for people that are recovering from injuries and having a baby or when you just want and easy day its very low impact and the wts are light.

Lisa-the only KCMs I would recommend for you would be the new back one and Start Here because it is meant for people that are recovering from injuries and having a baby or when you just want and easy day its very low impact and the wts are light.

Having a baby is a cakewalk compared to what I've been going thru. Bad night for me, numbness in 3 of my 4 extremeties. my workout will be INDADT (I'm Not Doing A Damn Thing).

Good morning! Today did the Firm, makes me feel like I'm 20 something again! Lisa, I'm sorry you had a rough night. Your test is this week? Take your pills if you need them! Roxie, have you noticed your legs being sore with all those squats? Are you using weight? Today just errands, cleaning, taking kids to dentist. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

KCM Cardio Blast 2 Plyometrics finished going to wait on my neck to loosen up before doing abs.

Mary-no I don't have any soreness which is weird and yesterday I used 3lb wts to do the 80. I am suppose to do 100 tomarrow so I will probably just stick with the 3lb wts.

Today was B&G. I push through the never-ending lunges and so forth. I di dnot have time for the floor work so I made sure to focus and do the standing and ab work. Ouch.

Mary - which Firm did you do? I still have the originals and I still like them.

Murphy

I'm excited and have to share! I went to the half price bookstore and got 4 of the original Firm dvd's for 15!!!!! I got 2, 3, the time crunch, standing legs, and upper body! I was floored that someone turned them in and the store was only charging $3 an DVD! I have been eyeing them up online, but at $20 a disc, I couldn't do it! Ok, I'm done! Murphy, I did the first one today, maybe 2 tomorrow?

Did bi's and tri's today. I went up again. Will be sore tomorrow if not later on today.

Mary- I still love the original The Firm videos. I am so jealous that you got them for that price. I too have been eyeing them and I too won't get them at $20 a pop. Great find!

Murphy

Hi all

Mary - are those the ones where they're wearing those ridiculous leotards?! I first started going to a gym in the early 90s and used to wear things like that. I'm embarrassed to think about it now!

Murphy - well done on the weight increase.

Roxie - I think I'd rather do Xtrain than do all those squats! :D

Lisa - love the new workout title. Are you looking forward to having DS and DIL with you? Do you know how long it will be for?

Jody - flex those guns for the photos!!

Today I did KCM SS LB. Work is really busy again so I needed something quick and effective. It's been nice to do some other DVDs, yesterday I did GS C&T (did better than last time I did it, thanks to Xtrain) and on Sat I did CB which I really like. I did the Scrambled version which gets it all done in 42 mins!
Went shopping yesterday with DD to get her some new clothes. She's gone off to school today in her new jeans, converse and a baseball jacket with a big T on it (her initial). To my eyes, she looks so American!!

Mary, congrats!
I did standing LBB, 30/20 Hiit from TTM, abs from Turbo barre. Honestly didn't know what all I was getting into and it took 75 min but good workout. TGeeee for Catheeee

Good morning! Today did volume 2 of the firm. Harder than I remembered! Ronne, they do wear ridiculous outfits! I never had one, always wanted one tho! These were my first videos I ever got, on VHS of course. Except for the clothes, they have stood the test of time! Jody, that is a work out! I'm sure you thought it would be shorter when you started! Murphy, I'm usually not that lucky! Timing! Roxie, that's amazing about your legs not being sore! Maybe Cathe and KCM have conditioned you? Lisa, how are you doing? Any better? Tomorrow is EMG? Hope a good day for all! Mary

Good Morning,

I did KCM Start Here 2 I don't recommend this workout it repeats alot and its pretty boring, 100 squats and 30 mins on the TM. I wish it would warm up and stay warm I am so tired of the cold.

Just had EMG. Needles were nothing on the pain scale compared to how my neck feels! I still have an area on my neck that is hurting (even with no exercise). anyway, neurologist will get report to NS, but quickly told me that I do have nerve root irritation in the neck but there hasn't been any muscles affected. I asked why the muscle weakness and he said it's not from damage but from pain (hence I'm not as strong because it hurts my neck to use the muscle). I do have carpal tunnel in both hands. Not sure what's going to happen next Wed at the NS. I am tired of being in pain and no longer can handle exercising. I'm taking it easy rest of day, no work, no exercise, just snuggling up in bed with my kindle.

Mary, congrats on the find! I started working out at gym in 1983, I wore those fancy leotards and leg warmers :) I was trying to catch me a man I guess :)

Roxie, we got 16 inches of snow yesterday

Jody, you always do such inventive mish-moshes

Ronne, I like it just being DH and I, but happy to help out the kids, I said try it for 6 months, DS said maybe until 1st of year. I'm going to love having a dog I don't have to care for and can just walk, pet, snuggle with.

Murphy, I'm sure I could do me some B&G even with my neck, I'm just fed up and just indulging myself in some r&r (and ice cream, but ssssh don't tell)

On Facebook it says that Cathe has XTrain shirts that review a saying when you (are drenched in) sweat. I forgot the sayings, but one was "Take that" - I think? Sorry, the kids took my money and my mind.

Hey, a LUSH store is coming to the mall near me. Yippee! I love their stuff.

Mary - remember the capezio shoes Susan Harris wore in the first The Firm video?
Lisa - good luck w/ everything.

Murphy

Ronne, nice to see you, I missed your post this morn. Murphy, lol, kids took money and mind. Lisa, I used to go to a ladies' gym on hwy 60 in Brandon, Ladies Fitness or something? I think they are still around. That is funny to think you and I might have been in the same step class back in the 80s wearing our cool leos and leg warmers and reeboks. Roxie, I thought of how much you enjoy soaking up sunshine the other day when it was just perfectly amount of hot outside. Hi Mary! This is my second post today~~ I've ordered xtrain and want to do the April Rotation and hit the one-teens by Mothers Day. http://cathe.com/forum/f100/april-2013-rotation-292904/
And, two people on ask Cathe forum said they gained wt doing xt, uh oh?

Last edited:
Hi ladies

Jody - I agree with Mary, you'll love Xtrain. And it will be so different to doing your Xtend. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Mary - I used to have a purple high-necked leotard that went right up my bum at the back! I'm so glad I don't have a photo!! I can't even do those videos now as I can't bear to look at the clothes! Even some of Cathe's older ones look ridiculous!

Lisa - it's good that you've got a timeframe with the kids. Enjoy your r & i! What are you reading at the moment?

Murphy - I know how that feels!

Roxie - yeah, I though that one looked a bit simple. What do you think of Plateau Buster, I was thinking of getting that.

No workout for me today, I'm going out for lunch instead! Slightly sore quads from the LB session yesterday which was unexpected.
Work mad this week, having to work into the evenings and then next week it could go completely quiet! Oh well, got to make the most of it while it's here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.